BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #45
BimmerPod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f85 x5m

shogun was the man back in pride...tho this was pre-roid overeem

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #46
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Olympians pass drugs tests too, but that don't mean they aren't saucing
      11-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #47
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
i stopped watching UFC/MMA when crazy kungfu v. greek roman wrestling style matchups ended..its too professional now..back then it was like a street fight.

i catch some now and then..that Cain clip was impressive
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #48
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmojo View Post
Oh man you are so cool.

Sherk gassed because he cut too much. Sherk is known for having a great gas tank.

So what if ADCC is all about submissions? If he was only dangerous in standup like you said, he wouldn't even enter ADCC. If he was only dangerous in standup, he wouldn't have more submission victories in MMA than he has TKOs/KOs.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #49
texasmojo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i automatic

Yeah hes a good fighter and well rounded. His standup is devastating. I still think Cain and fedor beat him. Really his only notable wins are belfort and igor. Other than that he lost all the fights that could have ranked him top 10 P4P.
      11-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #50
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
People tend to forget Brock has skills but they are overshadowed by his physical nature. The guy was a D1 Wrestling champ and submitted Carwin with BJJ. He has improved quite a bit since he first joined the UFC but obviously he is quite inexperienced.
He needs to accept the fact that he'll get hit.....kind of like being mounted: it's not if you'll get hit, it's how much you'll get hit until you escape or improve position. Cain showed, then Cain after him, that Lesnar does not like getting hit and starts to fall apart after some flush shots. I tend to think that seeing his own blood as he did took his head out of the match as well. Lesnar will never be a great striker IMO but there are some basic things he still needs to get over. Although, if he can get his technique down and speed up for roundhouse/leg kicks.......ouch.

His wrestling gives him a good base & balance and he should be quite comfortable on the mat. Once his submission game picks up, it'll be a more interesting. However, he can't just rely on his size as he has done a great deal of.

I'm no Lesnar fan, but there is potential there.