BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

03-22-2024, 11:00 AM   #1
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

2014 M6 / <90,000mi / Original Owner / No Accidents / Clean Title

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 22,997.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
The time has finally come where I am parting ways with my beloved M6.

If you look through my profile history, you can tell I have a strong OCD with vehicles. Over the decade I spent with this car, it has been nothing short of a magical experience. You can’t imagine how much joy this car brings me, considering I’ve held onto it for ten years not able to find not one vehicle to replace it. The reason I am selling is…well…I made the decision to go all-in on electric as I convinced myself the time has come to part ways with ICE. I figured I spent the best possible time I could have with the best all-around ICE car and I wanted to change things up as drastically as possible. There’s no better time to celebrate one full decade than by handing it off to its second owner who will share the enjoyment as much as I have.

This is the ultimate sports car or highway cruiser at the press of a button.

Specs:
MSRP $126,425
2014 BMW M6
Every option (minus Night Vision)
San Marino Blue
Full Extended Black leather
Bang and Olufsen sound
Brand new original floor mats sealed in bag
2 keys
Window sticker not included (I am keeping for memories) but includes scanned .pdf copy of it

Purchased at Fairfax BMW with 6 miles on odometer.

Over the years I added these personal features:

Tint ceramic 15% side windows and rear, 60% windshield
BMW Performance gloss black kidney grills
BMW Performance carbon fiber rear spoiler
BMW Performance carbon fiber gear shifter
BMW original weighted wheel center caps
BMW original MagSafe iPhone Mount
BMW original red engine start/stop button
IND paint-matched front reflectors
IND paint-matched side reflectors
IND rear spacers
433M original M6 GC rims on new PS4S
LED interior lights
LED reverse lights
Coded professionally
Touchscreen iDrive
Professionally paint corrected and ceramic coated with GTechniq

Maintenance over the years:

Fuel pump replaced
Injectors replaced
Spark plugs replaced
Battery replaced twice
Battery IBS sensor replaced
Brake rotors (all of them) replaced (recall)
Brake pads replaced three times
Engine oil changed meticulously

Known current problems:

Gas tank holder broken (shown in photos)
Seat belt is finicky / doesn’t always retract back (shown in photos)
Center console outer plastic slight peeling (shown in photos)
Front rubber lip splitter peeling (shown in photos)

Notes:

No accidents
No dings, dents, scratches
Minor highway chips on front (shown in photos)
Minor curb rash on 433M wheels (shown in photos)
Performance spoiler coating peeling (shown in photos)
Never tracked
Never used launch control
Rarely used passenger seat, almost never rear
There is a protective tape over the top-view camera button because I used it frequently and didn’t want the button to wear down (shown in photos)

I really maintained this car to a cellular level for the next owner. It is quite literally in museum condition inside and out. If I had the space, I would keep it. I need this M6 to go to a good home. You will not be disappointed.

Note: I am not desperate to sell, unreasonable offers will not be considered

Willing to deliver within the state of Florida or ship within the United States

Thanks for looking!!

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-22-2024, 11:37 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Gorgeous car and a very well written post. Much success on the sale!
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 11:03 AM   #3
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

SMB is the best. Mine is also a former Florida coupe. I was surprised to see how the Florida heat and sun really age the leather and clear coating. It takes a lot to keep them healthy in that humid, hot environment. Some enthusiast is going to be happy with your OCD maintenance.
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2024, 07:48 PM   #4
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
SMB is the best. Mine is also a former Florida coupe. I was surprised to see how the Florida heat and sun really age the leather and clear coating. It takes a lot to keep them healthy in that humid, hot environment. Some enthusiast is going to be happy with your OCD maintenance.
Thank you! SMB is one of my all-time favorite colors! The color alone makes me really reconsider selling lol. It’s just so special to me. The next owner will understand.

The leather ages really well, the tint helps a lot I’m sure. The inside still has the factory BMW premium leather smell—not that old “used” smell that’s prominent on most older BMW’s. Not sure if it’s how well I took care of it but I have a few other cars to compare to and none of them have come close in craftsmanship and quality of materials. BMW nailed this particular generation of cars, and it goes to show they kept the F13 nearly the same for six whole years without major LCI updates, which is very much unlike BMW to do. So this 2014 looks essentially identical to the 2018 model year. When I tell people it’s ten years old, they stare at me in disbelief!
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 08:02 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
One of my favorite colors. I had hoped to find one when I was shopping.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 06:44 PM   #6
craigcochrane
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535 MSport

How many miles? I didn't see it in the post.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 08:04 PM   #7
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcochrane View Post
How many miles? I didn't see it in the post.
The car has just under 90,000 miles
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 10:11 PM   #8
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

All valve covers gaskets, and power steering rack were replaced today. Software has been updated too. Performing alignment and balance tomorrow and then the car will be sitting in the garage at ~ 88,800 miles.

Vehicle is now 100% up to date and has zero issues. PPI from BMW dealership coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 08:50 AM   #9
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoundLegend View Post
All valve covers gaskets, and power steering rack were replaced today. Software has been updated too.
I'm curious if you updated the software, replaced the valve cover gaskets, and replaced the power steering rack because it was necessary or just out of OCD? I would imagine that those repairs are not cheap.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 04:32 PM   #10
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm curious if you updated the software, replaced the valve cover gaskets, and replaced the power steering rack because it was necessary or just out of OCD? I would imagine that those repairs are not cheap.
I had a PPI done right as I was making the original thread here, which found that the valve cover gaskets were due to be replaced.

I updated the price to reflect the repairs, so there is nothing else to worry about repair-wise with this car!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 07:14 PM   #11
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI) done by the local BMW dealership.

PPI shows all mechanical components in top shape, with no recommended repairs needed. It is extraordinarily rare a dealership would not come up with something to repair—meaning that the vehicle is in optimal condition even in the eyes of the dealer.

I’ve received several offers from the dealership, but they really want a trade-in, and I really would like this car to go to a good home to someone here on the forums. I’ve taken too good care for it to end up neglected in an auction yard.

Price is mildly negotiable but please remember I had just spent several thousands on valve cover gaskets—the only costly repair of this engine at this mileage.

For quick response, I can be reached by text/phone call at my secondary line (941) 275-9135
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2024, 01:14 PM   #12
Usachampion
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i, F87 M2C

I personally know UnfoundLegend. We grew up together since high school and I’ve known this car since the beginning! He would yell at me if I tried to get in without tapping my feet outside the car first… I can not believe the price! The next owner could not possibly have found a SMB M6 Coupe that was cared for as well as this was. I mean every time we pulled it in the garage he would spend 30 minutes detailing all of the dust which landed on it.

Good luck with the sale and also good job to the next owner for getting such a beautiful car!
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2024, 06:01 PM   #13
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

This is just for feedback Usachampion. It's still for sale for a few reasons. The market has dropped quite a bit and this is priced too high. Trade-in is in the teens and private party low twenties. Second, I'm not sure if the listing is accurate. It says every option except NV, but it clearly doesn't have ceramic brakes and based on the wheels, doesn't have the competition package. Not sure what else is not included. Three, there are some minor issues with the car and if it was meticulously maintained, these issues wouldn't be there, at least from my perspective and I am truly meticulous. Fourth, it's a high mileage M6 which has relatively low demand. Finally, without a proper Carfax and vin, it's hard to make any additional insights. Just offering feedback for a fellow forum member.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2024, 10:00 PM   #14
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is just for feedback Usachampion. It's still for sale for a few reasons. The market has dropped quite a bit and this is priced too high. Trade-in is in the teens and private party low twenties. Second, I'm not sure if the listing is accurate. It says every option except NV, but it clearly doesn't have ceramic brakes and based on the wheels, doesn't have the competition package. Not sure what else is not included. Three, there are some minor issues with the car and if it was meticulously maintained, these issues wouldn't be there, at least from my perspective and I am truly meticulous. Fourth, it's a high mileage M6 which has relatively low demand. Finally, without a proper Carfax and vin, it's hard to make any additional insights. Just offering feedback for a fellow forum member.
Thank you for this feedback.

In hindsight, I was naive to spent money on the repairs required at this mileage. I should have sold as is and passed this repair bill to the next owner who has done enough research to expect all of these repairs.

Eventually, a time comes around where continuously paying to maintain meticulousness produces negative happiness. After this many years you can be sure I would rather not know what my cumulative total repair bill for this car is. The price to upkeep this sort of sentimental value, it’s just indeed too high to justify keeping the happiness going. I feel I’ve reached that stage now where it’s hard to justify repairs. But if I were starting fresh and anew, I would jump at this car without hesitation.

When you say these issues would not be here if it were meticulously maintained, what you are trying to say is I should have spent tens of thousands on repairs at this 100,000 mile mark only to end up selling it for $15,000 and be upside down² on the car? I would like to see another example of an M6 that did not go through these issues. The upkeeping that had to be done here will inevitably plague each and every M6 at this mileage. Realistically if every M6’s repair estimate showed the repairs necessary at this age for maintaining for the next 100,000 miles as I have already done here—I would have to pay somebody to take over the car for me lol. With every M6 currently on the market in this price/year/mileage range, absolutely expect to have to put in about half of the car’s worth in repairs alone from the very beginning of ownership. That’s not even to mention that it’s highly likely the car got more and more neglected as it passed through ownerships and had cheap repairs done to it barely enough to squeeze out juice from the engine to start it only to sell it to the dealership/auction lot.

Contrarily, this is not the case with this car. The values of all M6’s on the market speak for themselves and that repair cost to maintain is the reason the value is where it is today. Nobody wants to pay to maintain a car that they just bought. And especially when the time comes to sell, the car gets totally neglected. And it’s exactly that. Typically, the time comes to sell not because the owner got bored one day, but because they realized the repair costs had caught up to them. The used car market value reflects that. And where I’m at today I have sunk in too much money to consciously willingly give the car away to a neglectful buyer after doing top-of-the-line repairs and meticulously caring for it throughout its life with me.

The main idea here is that not one aspect of the repair work was ever cheaped out on. And as opposed to buying a less expensive four-owner M6 that’s been through who knows what, I thought maybe I could attract the right buyer who values its past and can ask any questions during careful consideration in getting one, but I realize this takes a very special type of buyer.

No M6 is an investment and I never treated it like one. But it would hurt me to pass on the car to a sales lot. In today’s market, this particular car sees a special type of enthusiast who knows the ins and outs of it all, and I’m just acknowledging that I have always put top effort in caring for it. When I’m asked specifics, I can answer specifics because I know exactly what’s been done or not done since day one, compared to any other M6 you’ll find that is not being sold by the original owner privately.

Having said all of this, I would be wary of buying any M6 from anywhere but a private sale, and even then, chances are it is not from the original owner. I may be wrong though…

And speaking of wrong, yes, I was wrong about the offerings of the competition package and brakes. At the time of ordering, neither of these packages could simply be tacked on to the order sheet. As I remember it, CP and CCB both required a special allocation that was not around at the time this particular car was built and those two options became a standard tack-on option later. I remember it in this way since the sales team printed out the order sheet in color and it had every blue check mark except Night Vision.

Again to be clear, the car does not have competition package or carbon ceramic brakes.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2024, 10:11 PM   #15
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

After the most recent visit to the dealership, it came to light that the rear main seal, coolant hoses, and pinion seal are the next things that are suffering at this mileage. I was advised these are not serious problems at this time. They are in fact in better states than any other M5/6 they have seen at this mileage.

Again, I do not exaggerate how much care has been channeled to this car. Seeing these sorts of problems breaks my heart, brain, and wallet, and is almost unregrettably why I chose the dark side switching to electric. But I would not be here if it weren’t for the wondrous years I had with this M6.

It’s just come my time to pass on the car to a person who can recognize the dedication I’ve had to this very day. That there is upmost transparency in everything about their purchase and this sale.

I leave no doubt for any surprises, I promise this.

As of this post, I have lowered the price while digesting the fact I just spent 1/5 of the sale offer on the valve cover and steering rack repair bill.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2024, 10:52 PM   #16
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoundLegend View Post
All true and I hope my candid feedback is helpful. I only buy private because a lot of the stuff on the dealer lots is abused. These things do become money pits which is why they are so cheap. But if you wouldn't have done the repairs, it would have been priced into the sale price even more.

I bought an M6 on the forms just a couple months ago from a private seller and unfortunately I'm out of the market but the f06 and f13 platforms are the best and last of the "old school" BMWs.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2024, 02:00 PM   #17
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Still for sale!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 07:53 AM   #18
ArminM3
Registered