BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

04-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #8911
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Admittedly I have been more focused on work, so I've been neglecting you all and don't really go online when home. I'll try to give you all the attention you deserve.
He'll never return after today.
      04-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #8912
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
You can have the bang sticks. I get the E46.

Contest me and you're viking parade will come sooner than you anticipated.
Nah, I get all of it. You get nothing, got it punk?

That was me contesting you. Bring it on old man!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #8913
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Not really, I'm actively looking for a new job, so I want to make sure I at least can leave here on good terms should a new position come up.

I got a call about an awesome opportunity on Monday from a head hunter, 25% annual pay increase, but haven't heard back yet, going to touch base tomorrow morning.
That's great man, best of luck. You'll be in my thoughts.

InB4 ghey.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #8914
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
He'll never return after today.
Hush, I'll be back, just don't piss me off.

Oh wait, that's impossible. You blokes can't piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
That's great man, best of luck. You'll be in my thoughts.

InB4 ghey.
Appreciate it man. Plant is in REALLY bad shape. Lots of operators quitting high priority machines in the past couple weeks, and still more quitting in the coming weeks.

Really hope this gig works out, would be a nice change and much needed.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #8915
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not really, I'm actively looking for a new job, so I want to make sure I at least can leave here on good terms should a new position come up.

I got a call about an awesome opportunity on Monday from a head hunter, 25% annual pay increase, but haven't heard back yet, going to touch base tomorrow morning.
Same part of the country or do you have to move?
      04-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #8916
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
God, I hope you don't have to go back to De-twat? You'll need all the personal and home defense devices you can get.
      04-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #8917
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Same part, actually instead of an hour drive it would be a 40 minute drive, so it's closer.

I've thought about moving further south, but haven't really found anything in my field that'd be worth moving for.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #8918
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate it man. Plant is in REALLY bad shape. Lots of operators quitting high priority machines in the past couple weeks, and still more quitting in the coming weeks.

Really hope this gig works out, would be a nice change and much needed.
It's always bad when you're personally aware of internal corporate propaganda and the workings of organizational downfall.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #8919
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
It's always bad when you're personally aware of internal corporate propaganda and the workings of organizational downfall.
It's pretty sad. Everyone up front just delegates more work and BS on operators, so they don't even have time to get the real work done. Everything has to happen on first shift, or it never gets done, so they're pissed second and third get off easy.

Micromanaging up front is getting worse, some very intelligent people were let go by the plant manager, that was only here for a year, and how now bailed and went to another Eaton in Kansas or something. Due to that, people in lower positions moved up into higher positions, and their heads must have expanded by about 100000x and are impossible to deal with.

It just sucks all around, so I'm just trying to be on good behavior until the next steps can be figured out.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #8920
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nah, I get all of it. You get nothing, got it punk?

That was me contesting you. Bring it on old man!
Old man my ass. Just because i yell at kids to get off my lawn doesn't mean i'm old.

Besides, you'd be wheezing and coughing 3 min into a hand to hand duel.
      04-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #8921
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

@Axius - hey man! Saw the post regarding a new potential opportunity. Is this in the same geographic area, or would this require a relocation??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #8922
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Old man my ass. Just because i yell at kids to get off my lawn doesn't mean i'm old.

Besides, you'd be wheezing and coughing 3 min into a hand to hand duel.
Pffft, whatever dude. I don't let kids on my lawn either, those little shits.

Uhhhh, not anymore! I've cut down Newports to 1 or 2 a day if that, and I am no longer partaking in burning of bushes, so I'm in like...., tip top shape and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
@Axius - hey man! Saw the post regarding a new potential opportunity. Is this in the same geographic area, or would this require a relocation??
Same area, actually closer to where I live now. Only thing that sucks is it's in the same town that bitch ex lives, but that's whatever, I'll just make it rain if I drive past.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #8923
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Quote:
Same part, actually instead of an hour drive it would be a 40 minute drive, so it's closer.

I've thought about moving further south, but haven't really found anything in my field that'd be worth moving for.
Appreciate 3
      04-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #8924
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post

I was going to call him out, but I just figured it was an age thing and let it slide.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #8925
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
It's pretty sad. Everyone up front just delegates more work and BS on operators, so they don't even have time to get the real work done. Everything has to happen on first shift, or it never gets done, so they're pissed second and third get off easy.

Micromanaging up front is getting worse, some very intelligent people were let go by the plant manager, that was only here for a year, and how now bailed and went to another Eaton in Kansas or something. Due to that, people in lower positions moved up into higher positions, and their heads must have expanded by about 100000x and are impossible to deal with.

It just sucks all around, so I'm just trying to be on good behavior until the next steps can be figured out.
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, while being strategically political without shooting yourself in the foot in the process.

This potential opportunity, will it be another contracting role, or a perm position?

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #8926
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, while being strategically political without shooting yourself in the foot in the process.

This potential opportunity, will it be another contracting role, or a perm position?
Heh... perm position...

04-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #8927
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Dude on the right could legit be Ax. Or a distant cousin.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #8928
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_
Quote:
Quote:

nIm = you're #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #8929
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:

To be completely honest, the overall attitude of everyone in here and the lack of team effort, has killed my drive over the past year to work hard. Can't get people to write down tool life on a test tool, literally two numbers, they'll use 10 tools and not write shit down. Hell I'll put tools out there and they will just go missing. What am I getting out of wasting time and having people ridicule the work I do, when it's only reflected off THEIR operators. Not the kind of place I care to work for.

Permanent position. Lead supervisor for CNC machine fabricators, so basically I'll do reviews, train people, troubleshoot some things, hire people, fire people, and keep things in line.

I did just get the call Monday and sent him my updated resume on Monday after my drive home. It's definitely not anything set in stone, or if I know how truly interested they are, but the fact he reached out to me was a good feeling. If it doesn't work out, just going to keep on looking and hopefully find something worth while with people that care about their line of work.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #8930
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Dude, if you moved to FL that would be the final piece we need for FL BP OT to initiate operation "World Domination".
      04-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #8931
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pffft, whatever dude. I don't let kids on my lawn either, those little shits.

Uhhhh, not anymore! I've cut down Newports to 1 or 2 a day if that, and I am no longer partaking in burning of bushes, so I'm in like...., tip top shape and shit.

Same area, actually closer to where I live now. Only thing that sucks is it's in the same town that bitch ex lives, but that's whatever, I'll just make it rain if I drive past.
Good to hear about the smoke, you looking to quit long term? How about the booz?
      04-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #8932
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
To be completely honest, the overall attitude of everyone in here and the lack of team effort, has killed my drive over the past year to work hard. Can't get people to write down tool life on a test tool, literally two numbers, they'll use 10 tools and not write shit down. Hell I'll put tools out there and they will just go missing. What am I getting out of wasting time and having people ridicule the work I do, when it's only reflected off THEIR operators. Not the kind of place I care to work for.

Permanent position. Lead supervisor for CNC machine fabricators, so basically I'll do reviews, train people, troubleshoot some things, hire people, fire people, and keep things in line.

I did just get the call Monday and sent him my updated resume on Monday after my drive home. It's definitely not anything set in stone, or if I know how truly interested they are, but the fact he reached out to me was a good feeling. If it doesn't work out, just going to keep on looking and hopefully find something worth while with people that care about their line of work.
Yeah, that sounds like a real drag. But that new role sounds a lot more like the type of thing that you'd be along the lines of.

Great outlook you've got, though. I've always learned to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, especially in terms of seeking alternative employment.

I've been pleasantly surprised so far this year with regard to my career paths, as they've paved the way to excellent opportunities for me, and are serving as investments for my subsequent years. Combined with school, failure grows distant. But you can never let your guard down, obviously.

Keep hope alive, my brotha.

Appreciate 1
Closed Thread