View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 12:42 AM   #20
F13_Tyler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Yep, the liner in front of the tyre. My wheels could come in 20x11.5 18mm or 20x12 25mm. I did a test fit with the tyres on the stock 20x10.5 19mm wheels and that convinced me I couldn't do 20x12 25mm.

In fact it was so tight I actually grabbed a piece of paper when the car was up on the ramp and ran it past this pinch point.

I'm actually going to swap them back onto the car soon, probably Monday or Tuesday next week depending on how busy I am. I'll try and take pics of this point when it is up on the ramp.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677487
Very interesting thread! In fact I'm looking to run a 335/30/20 Michelin PSS as well. brad850csi, I actually took inspiration from a post you made a while back when you had your ferradas put on. In fact, I went with the exact same model and color of Ferrada, same front spec as you, however I did opt for the 20x12 et25. Running the same 325/30/20 sport cup 2 (mine are the Mercedes spec, not sure what you're on. Difference is the Merc spec tires are .2" wider tread overall). Fit perfectly, zero rubbing on stock suspension and have even driven with 4 adults in the car on this setup. No rub. My issue however is the cup 2s aren't suitable for the street it seems. Zero grip in 1st, hardly any in 2nd, slip 3rd on cold days even (Only running a dinan stage 1, stock 295 pss hooked way better). So I've been doing research to see if the 335 PSS would be possible, hard to justify spending $900 on a set of tires I don't know will fit. Photos below of my setup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0