BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post 2014 Model Year M6 and 6 Series Changes

BIMMERPOST NEWS
2014 Model Year 6 Series and M6 Changes
COMMENTS

The following are the 2014 6 Series and M6 changes, per BMWNA:

Also see:
2014 M6 and 6 Series Coupe, Convertible, Gran Coupe US Pricing and Ordering Guides

M6:

M6 Gran Coupe

Standard Equipment
Active Protection has been added to all M6 models to initiate protective measures for occupants if an accident situation is imminent: front seatbelts are pulled tight, windows are closed, and brakes are automatically applied after crash. Includes Attention Assistant, whereby the system’s electronics analyze driving behavior on the basis of various signals such as steering angle, road speed and other engine parameters. If the system increasingly detects signs of fatigue starting to build up, it issues a notification via the central Control Display to encourage the driver to take a break.

Packages/ Options
We’re pleased to announce the introduction of a new Competition Package (ZCP) available for $6,000. Further enhancing vehicle dynamics and performance, the Competition Package includes:
  • Exclusive 20” M wheels (style 601M with performance tires) are available when purchasing the package, in addition to alternate 20” wheel choices.
  • Horsepower increase (+15 hp)
  • Faster acceleration (-0.1 seconds: 0-60 mph)
  • New suspension and damper application
  • New mechanical steering with more direct input
  • Sport exhaust with black chrome tailpipes and enhanced sound
The Driver Assistance Package (ZDA) is now Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB). Pricing has not changed.
  • Option 5AS in the Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB) is now referred to as Active Driving Assistant (previously named Lane Departure Warning with Collision Mitigation). It still includes Lane Departure Warning functionality, but has been updated with pedestrian warning and approach control warning with light city braking.
X11 BMW Individual Frozen Bronze Metallic Paint is now available on all M6 models.

Pricing for BMW Individual Paint has been increased by $150.

All-new for MY2014, BMW introduces the M6 Gran Coupe with production beginning in April 2013. As with the M6 Coupe and Convertible, it boasts the most powerful engine ever outfitted in a BMW paired with a high-torque 7-speed M-Double Clutch.

The M6 Gran Coupe will have the same level of standard equipment as the MY 2014 M6 Coupe, including the new Navigation System Professional (609) with faster processing, an enhanced design, and several great new features. The M6 Gran Coupe will also receive the following additional standard equipment enhancements that are not offered on the M6 Coupe:
  • Through-loading system
  • 4-Zone Climate Control
  • Enrichment Package:
  • 20'' M light alloy wheel (exclusive to the M6 Gran Coupe)
  • Bi-Color Leather/Alcantara Headliner
  • carbon fiber rear diffuser apron
  • double-spoke black and chrome kidney grill with M designation
  • floor mats with contrasting leather binding
  • black chrome accents
The M6 Gran Coupe will have the same options and packages as the M6 Coupe, which change as follows for MY 2014:
  • Manual Transmission (2MA) is now available as a no-cost alternative to the 7-speed M-Double Clutch Transmission.
  • M Carbon Ceramic Brakes (2NK) are now offered as a stand-alone option for $9,250 and will be included in the Ultimate Service maintenance program.
  • The Executive Package (ZEC) has been adopted from the M6 Coupe package, which has been revised to add Front Ventilated Seats (453) and remove Satellite Radio (655) and Soft-Close Doors (323) which are now standard. Smartphone Integration (was 6NF, now part of 6NS) and BMW Apps (6NR is now standard as part of the Connected Drive enhancements) have also been removed from ZEC. Power side sunshades (416) and Heated Rear Seats (496) have been included in ZEC for the M6 Gran Coupe models, but are not available for the M6 Coupe. ZEC pricing is $5,500.

M6 Convertible:

As of July 2013 production, the standard equipment level and option offer have been enhanced even further:

Standard Equipment
Active Protection has been added to all M6 models to initiate protective measures for occupants if an accident situation is imminent: front seatbelts are pulled tight, windows are closed, and brakes are automatically applied after crash. Includes Attention Assistant, whereby the system’s electronics analyze driving behavior on the basis of various signals such as steering angle, road speed and other engine parameters. If the system increasingly detects signs of fatigue starting to build up, it issues a notification via the central Control Display to encourage the driver to take a break.

Packages/ Options

We’re pleased to announce the introduction of a new Competition Package (ZCP) available for $7,300. Further enhancing vehicle dynamics and performance, the Competition Package includes:

• Exclusive 20” M wheels (style 601M with performance tires) are available when purchasing the package, in addition to alternate 20” wheel choices.
The Driver Assistance Package (ZDA) is now Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB). Pricing has not changed.
  • Option 5AS in the Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB) is now referred to as Active Driving Assistant (previously named Lane Departure Warning with Collision Mitigation). It still includes Lane Departure Warning functionality, but has been updated with pedestrian warning and approach control warning with light city braking.
X11 BMW Individual Frozen Bronze Metallic Paint is now available on all M6 models.

Pricing for Individual Paint has been increased by $150.

In addition to the standard equipment changes shown below, all 6 Series models receive the next generation Navigation System Professional with faster processing, an enhanced design, and several great new features.

Please note the following option and package changes for the MY2014 M6 Convertible:
  • Manual Transmission (2MA) is now available as a no-cost alternative to the 7-speed M-Double Clutch Transmission
  • M Carbon Ceramic Brakes (2NK) are now offered as a stand-alone option for $9,250 and will be included in the Ultimate Service maintenance program.
  • The Executive Package (ZEC) has been revised to add Front Ventilated Seats (453) and remove Satellite Radio (655) and Soft-Close Doors (323) which are now standard. Smartphone Integration (was 6NF, now part of 6NS) and BMW Apps (6NR is now standard as part of the Connected Drive enhancements) have also been removed from ZEC. Pricing drops from $4,900 to $4,300.

M6 Coupe:

As of July 2013 production, the standard equipment level and option offer have been enhanced even further:

Standard Equipment

Packages/ Options
We’re pleased to announce the introduction of a new Competition Package (ZCP) available for $7,300. Further enhancing vehicle dynamics and performance, the Competition Package includes:
  • Faster acceleration (-0.1 seconds: 0-60 mph)

Pricing for Individual Paint has been increased by $150.

In addition to the standard equipment changes shown below, all 6 Series models received the next generation Navigation System Professional with faster processing, an enhanced design, and several great new features.

Please note the following option and package changes for the MY2014 M6 Coupe:
  • Manual Transmission (2MA) is now available as a no-cost alternative to the 7-speed M-Double Clutch Transmission.
  • The Executive Package (ZEC) has been revised to add Front Ventilated Seats (453) and remove Satellite Radio (655) and Soft-Close Doors (323) which are now standard. Smartphone Integration (was 6NF, now part of 6NS) and BMW Apps (6NR is now standard as part of the Connected Drive enhancements) have also been removed from ZEC. Pricing drops from $5,300 to $4,600.
Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 8.55.14 AM.jpg
Views: 11529
Size:  20.4 KB

Also see:
2014 M6 and 6 Series Coupe, Convertible, Gran Coupe US Pricing and Ordering Guides

6 Series:
Active Protection has been added to all 6 Series models to initiate protective measures for occupants if an accident situation is imminent: front seatbelts are pulled tight, windows and moonroof are closed, and brakes are automatically applied after crash. Includes Attention Assistant, whereby the system’s electronics analyze driving behavior on the basis of various signals such as steering angle, road speed and other engine parameters. If the system increasingly detects signs of fatigue starting to build up, it issues a notification via the central Control Display to encourage the driver to take a break.

Packages/ Options
  • The Driver Assistance Package (ZDA) is now Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB). Pricing has not changed ($1,900).
  • Option 5AS Active Driving Assistant replaces 5AD Lane Departure Warning in the Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB). 5AS includes Lane Departure Warning functionality, but has been expanded with the addition of pedestrian warning and approach control warning with light city braking.
  • Option 5AT ACC Stop and Go + Active Driving Assistant replaces 5DF Active Cruise Control and now includes the additional functionality of approach control warning with full braking. 5AT also includes the Lane Departure Warning functionality now offered in option 5AS Active Driving Assistant and is offered as an upgrade to 5AS within the Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB) for an additional charge of $1,200. As a stand-alone option, 5AT pricing is $1,900 (previously $2,400 as option 5DF).
  • X11 Individual Frozen Bronze Metallic Paint is now available on all 6 Series models (previously only available on the Gran Coupe).
  • Pricing for the ZI1 Individual Composition Package has increased by $300 and Individual Paint pricing has been increased by $150.
The 6 Series M Sport Edition became available as of June and is available as a 6 Series Convertible, 6 Series Coupe and as an all new 6 Series Gran Coupe.

The M Sport Edition includes:

- M Sport Package
- Power rear sunshade (not for 6 Series Convertible)
- Manual rear sunshades (Only for Gran Coupe)
- Front ventilated seats
- Multi contour seats (standard equipment on 650 Gran Coupe Models)
- Contrast stitching
- 4 zone automatic climate control (Gran Coupe)
- Instrument panel with leather finish
- Ceramic controls
- Full LED Lights
- Automatic high beams
- Head-up Display
- Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster
Pricing for the BMW 6 Series M Sport Edition adds $4,600 to the base MSRP of the 6 Series Convertible, $4,800 to the 6 Series Coupe, and $5,300 to the 6 Series Gran Coupe.

The 6 Series Convertible Frozen Brilliant White Edition became available as of April production. Developed exclusively for the US market and limited to 100 units, the Frozen White Edition available on 650i/xi Convertible includes Individual matte paint, contrasting black mirror caps and kidney grill, select 20" wheels, a standard M Sport Package, a Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster and other interior upgrades provided via a standard Executive Package. Production was limited to April/May 2013.

Model Year 2014 began with April 2013 production for all 6 Series models. At this time, xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive became available on the 640i models. It had already been available on the 650i Coupe and Convertible since 9/11 and was launched with the 650i Gran Coupe in 7/12. All-new for the 2014 model year, the 640i xDrive Convertible, Coupe, and Gran Coupe joined the 6 Series family to complete the 6 series line-up. All 6 Series models received the next generation Navigation Professional system with faster processing, an enhanced design, and several great new features.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 8.53.55 AM.jpg
Views: 11263
Size:  56.5 KB

Also see:

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
richardg
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MacanGTS, 991.2GT3, E63wagon

CCB now covered under the NA ultimate maintenance, rejoice!!! I would assume this makes it to other M models. Just one more excuse for me to order this on the M4.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
You can now get manual in a M6GC... so you're depreciation will go 20% faster than the 7-speed DCT.
      10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
flightz71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
You can now get manual in a M6GC... so you're depreciation will go 20% faster than the 7-speed DCT.
Really? 6-speed E63 M6's are like unicorns and fetch a large premium over their common SMG counterpart (for every 10 SMG coupe built, 1 Manual 6-speed was built, literally making total production of manual coupes 385 units across all years)

And no this isn't some bs forum guy speculation, I've been searching the depths of internet Narnia to find a 08 and up (LCI) black or white coupe with 0 success.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightz71 View Post
Really? 6-speed E63 M6's are like unicorns and fetch a large premium over their common SMG counterpart (for every 10 SMG coupe built, 1 Manual 6-speed was built, literally making total production of manual coupes 385 units across all years)

And no this isn't some bs forum guy speculation, I've been searching the depths of internet Narnia to find a 08 and up (LCI) black or white coupe with 0 success.
Oh...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M6-COUPE-08-...US_Cars_Trucks

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
Erich2142
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Ducati 848

Will they offer a diesel engine in the 650i in NA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
Totally!
      10-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Interesting that BMW doesn't call out the same -.1 second to 60 acceleration time that ZCP gives the M6 Coupe and GC for the M6 Convertible. Does the added 15HP boost do nothing?

And if so, why does the same package cost $1,300 extra on the convertible than it does on the Gran Coupe?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

No new I drive or did I miss it?
      10-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

You missed it...

In addition to the standard equipment changes shown below, all 6 Series models received the next generation Navigation System Professional with faster processing, an enhanced design, and several great new features.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
I love my manual, but I always wished I picked up the V10 in stick!
      10-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
You missed it...

so is that the new touchpad idrive controller too?
      10-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
VintageFerrari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60orBust View Post
so is that the new touchpad idrive controller too?
No.

Unfortunately, the 6-series is the only model not to have the iDrive touch pad technology for 2014.

Last edited by VintageFerrari; 10-18-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFerrari View Post
No.

Unfortunately, the 6-series is the model not to have the iDrive touch pad technology for 2014.
No touchy on the M6? Well phuck.
      10-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #14
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

"enrichment package"? are they running out of words synonymous with exclusivity to use for their packages?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
GreyCoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 650i Coupe

Time for MY 15 info....they're in production.
Enjoyed some fun cars over the years: 1966 Corvette Convertible, 240Z, E24 L6, 300CE-24, 2004 645 Ci, 550SL, A6s, 535xi, E300/Bluetec/420, Grand Cherokee Overland, 2012 650i Coupe, 12 CL550, 13 SL550, 15 650i Coupe
Appreciate 0