View Single Post
      04-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW ///M6 "Safety Car" Official Car of SHIFT S3CTOR!

Hey guys just wanted to share my new look I did for this past weekends SHIFT S3CTOR 1/2 Mile Airstrip Attack 5.

Wanted the car to stand out more for media so I decided to replicate the 2015 BMW M4 Safety Car just for this event!

Graphics took well over 10-15 hours for this event alone... def got the attention I wanted.

Don't mind few pictures w out the lip... the lip fell off due to braking hard after a 160+ run against a AMS Alpha 10 GTR due to the previous shop installing the lip w/out any double sided tape.... (Long story short)

I was running on 3 PSI over with the BMS Tune realizing later when Terry from BMS helped out with the Transmission Malfunction issue occurring over & over at 120+ mph due to having the older software.

Later I found out that 1 PSI = 1.44 so I was over boosting + heat soaking the car due to its climate at 4.32 PSI over which led to each run going into limp mode right when hitting 120 mph.

After turning down the boost to 2.5 PSI over the car ran perfectly fine & strong the next following day. Not to mention the boost kicked in a bit sooner and more linear through the 1/2 mile run.

Keep in mind I was also running a small mixture of 91 with 5 gallons of MS109 from VP Racing Fuel on Nitto NT05 Street Race tires.

My best trap on paper turned out to be 160 mph when I clearly did few passes at 164-166 a tad second before my speed limiter kicked in each run not recorded due to technical issues.

I was able to pull on all the M5 & M6's by few cars at this event along with fully modded GTR's with bolt ons + E85 by a car length.

Overall IMHO the car is maxed out and I believe there is not much more we can do to this car other than adding the BMS Meth Kit or by waiting for someone to FINALLY break the ECU so we can swap to upgraded turbos on a E85 tune...
Attached Images

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor

Last edited by JoeyLeeBMW; 04-23-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0