View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #50
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by specific-software View Post
started an "official" oil consumption test at my dealership this week. they will measure the oil consumption from my last visit till the minimum oil level warning appears again. this time they added 2qt of oil though. let's see how many miles I am able to drive before the warning appears.
Please keep us updated as to what your Service Center is doing to work with you on the oil consumtion for your car. I am about to bring my computer with me to the Service Center I go to, and let them read this thread because I am becoming increasingly frustrated with low oil warning popping up on my screen. Maybe if I can get the Service Manager read about what we have been dealing with, I might finally get them to do something elase besides having to top me off again in about a month.

As of yesterday afternoon, that Low Oil Reading has come up on my iDrive Screen once again. That is nonsense. My car reads 2846 on the Odometer, and now this will be the THIRD time I have to go get oil added to my car, and I am sure I will have to pay for it, making this THREE time I have had to pay for an oil top off for a car that is covered under "Free Maintenance". I was just there last month for my second oil top off. Rediculous.

Please understand that I am not upset about the money, so much as me becoming quite annoyed with having to take time out of my day to stop at the service center to cough up 10 bucks for a quart of oil for a car that I picked up in February and has less than 3000 miles on it. That is unsat IMHO.