BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-15-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
IX3 KING
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

Ev charger

Which one Hypervolt or Zappi and why.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 03:55 PM   #2
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

Zappi, it can hook in to solar or batteries, it also has a good reputation among installers and it has a display and buttons so you can control it directly incase you don’t have your phone on you for the app.

Although most folk won’t have had more than one charger installed so won’t be able to accurately compare.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 03:23 AM   #3
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 KING View Post
Which one Hypervolt or Zappi and why.
Why only those two? What about the rest of the market? You aren't telling us your requirements. I guess you won't be getting it installed with the government voucher now - possibly too late to get a slot.

The Zappi is very expensive unless you need the solar panel integration. And I think it is big and ugly (larger than A3 paper). It offers no extra features over other chargers if you just want a charger. I think you need the Hub and CT clamp with it - cost £837 (not fitted).

The Hypervolt is a much better looking unit. And smaller - slightly larger than A4 paper. Cost £679 (not fitted).

I went for the Wallbox Pulsar Plus. It is a tiny unit - only 160mm x 160mm. Looks much better on the wall. The Zappi is twice as wide and 2.5 times as high! Smart, connected, and a simple to use app. It is also much cheaper - only £589. And if you are able to take advantage of the government voucher, you can have it fitted for £638 all in. When mine was fitted there were no extra hidden costs.
Appreciate 1
adam.b189.00
      02-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #4
Mobeam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX3 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Why only those two? What about the rest of the market? You aren't telling us your requirements. I guess you won't be getting it installed with the government voucher now - possibly too late to get a slot.

The Zappi is very expensive unless you need the solar panel integration. And I think it is big and ugly (larger than A3 paper). It offers no extra features over other chargers if you just want a charger. I think you need the Hub and CT clamp with it - cost £837 (not fitted).

The Hypervolt is a much better looking unit. And smaller - slightly larger than A4 paper. Cost £679 (not fitted).

I went for the Wallbox Pulsar Plus. It is a tiny unit - only 160mm x 160mm. Looks much better on the wall. The Zappi is twice as wide and 2.5 times as high! Smart, connected, and a simple to use app. It is also much cheaper - only £589. And if you are able to take advantage of the government voucher, you can have it fitted for £638 all in. When mine was fitted there were no extra hidden costs.
Just ordered a OLME charger and installation date is 25th March ...just in time ...PHEW
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 08:15 AM   #5
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Well done, from what I’m hearing you wouldn’t have got a hypervolt in time
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 06:11 AM   #6
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post

Went for same as well, compact and does the job. App is not the fastest but works fine and uses home WIFI and bluetooth for connection.
Do you know how much is for extended warranty as their website does not show prices?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 01:20 AM   #7
R_Soul
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro

We had a Rolex Wallpod fitted (Wife’s work paid in full) so didn’t have any choice.

That said I can’t fault it. The app is quick and gives a breakdown of charge times and cost, it’s compatible with solar, it can adjusted to suit your tariff to get cheap charging rates etc

It might not be the sexiest looking but it’s not ugly either.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 04:10 AM   #8
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
Went for same as well, compact and does the job. App is not the fastest but works fine and uses home WIFI and bluetooth for connection.
Do you know how much is for extended warranty as their website does not show prices?
I believe they come with a 3 year warranty as standard. I hadn't thought about extending it further.
Appreciate 1
adam.b189.00
      02-18-2022, 08:07 AM   #9
amy.grange
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35d, BMW iX3 Premier Ed

We have a hypervolt. No complaints and their customer service is great
Appreciate 0