BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-30-2021, 10:00 AM   #1
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

Standard stereo

Looking for thoughts and views on the standard stereo sound system on the Premier edition - non HK. I have the latter on my other BMW and it’s good not amazing but curious for feedback on the standard system. Assume it’s pretty poor based on my experience of previous stock BMW systems.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 05:41 AM   #2
E Hahn
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

I have the Inspiring version iX3 which has the std stereo in it (No Harmon Kardon) and can report the sound is okay and very average. Nothing special but if you are an audiophile better to opt for the HK system or get your own fitted after market. I believe the std sound system only has 6 speakers one in each door and two under the front seats and when you turn up the volume it struggles.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
Lazy Lee
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Exec, BMW i3s Exec

Same feelings here: also the standard stereo. It is fine to listen to the news. Avoid it for music... It is very boomy without reaching anything close to an actual bass note. Also for some crispness in the highs they need cranking up a lot in the equalizer.

Have to say this is a bit disappointing. I never opt for more than the standard audio as I personally believe a car is not a proper listening room for music anyway. However, standard stereo on my previous DS and Volvo cars were much better...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #4
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Also not forgetting this is a £60k premium car and deserves a quality sound system as standard
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #5
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
Also not forgetting this is a £60k premium car and deserves a quality sound system as standard
I can remember visiting the Birmingham Motor Show with my father, and he was put off the BMWs as they all came without a stereo as standard. In fact they had no toys at all. The Ford Granada came with everything!

When I ordered this car he asked me if they had started fitting stereos yet!!!
Appreciate 0