BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-22-2021, 02:12 AM   #1
Petenats
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d X-Drive

It’ll be here soon!

After putting in my order in April it looks like my car is now heading to the dealership, so hopefully with me very soon.

Annoyingly the charge point won;t be installed until 8th Dec but I’m sure I can cope until then. I have a coupe of questions for you experienced owners…

Has anyone I changed to all seasons/winter tyres? I live out in the sticks and in previous cars have always changed to winter wheels. My 330d X drive with SottoZero’s was pretty unstoppable. I’ve read the thread about tyres but wondered if anyone had any more info?

The car is a prem pro with 20” wheels do you know what the tyres sizes are?

Are the UK cars all coming with Yokohama tyres fitted?

Has there been a software upgrade recently? Mainly after reading the thread about the battery pre-conditioning with a few long winter journeys ahead it would be good to know.

I’m considering getting some door protectors as I park in car parks with very inconsiderate people and spaces that are too tight…they are magnetic attachments. I assume the doors are steel?

Something like these:
http://www.gilksukltd.com/

Has anyone tried them?

Also as a new EV owner what apps are you finding the most useful? Charge Now? Zap Map? Do you find any accuracy in whether the apps show the charge points are available/working?

Sorry for all the questions…lots of excited anticipation!

Pete
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:56 AM   #2
The Seeker
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Ed.

Just picked my Premier up over the weekend. Wheel sizes are 245/45 front and 275/40 rear, from memory, and yes, Yoko’s. Considering All Seasons as well - our village road will be a challenge in wintery conditions, for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #3
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote: Has there been a software upgrade recently? Mainly after reading the thread about the battery pre-conditioning with a few long winter journeys ahead it would be good to know. Unquote

AFAIK, there has been no specific software upgrade relating to iX3 pre-departure battery preconditioning - nor is one planned. The i3’s battery conditioning is designed to warm and cool the battery to its optimum operating temperature before departure.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #4
Petenats
Rep

Thanks Seeker and DaveCV. I’m getting my car through Barons inFarnborough who I’ve asked for info about winter/all season tyres. I’ll let you know if they come back with anything.

Dave, does the battery pre-condition prior to arrival at planned chargers if you use the BMW nav system?
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2021, 09:05 AM   #5
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petenats View Post
Thanks Seeker and DaveCV. I’m getting my car through Barons inFarnborough who I’ve asked for info about winter/all season tyres. I’ll let you know if they come back with anything.

Dave, does the battery pre-condition prior to arrival at planned chargers if you use the BMW nav system?
Hi Petenats, unfortunately none of the current IX3's have the predictive battery conditioning prior to charging. There are suggestions that an over the air update is iminent that will install this function, downside is I believe that it will only work with the BMW maps not third parties. So if you are using another like ABRP or google maps it wont work.

You do have the ability to precondition the cars cabin at set times of the day which is useful on very cold mornings.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #6
Petenats
Rep

Thanks iX3 vines. That answers that! In other cars I’ve used google maps and CarPlay but you lose lots of integration.
Still no confirmed date for picking it up so it’s all a bit academic! ����*♂️
Appreciate 0