BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport Pro

Shipping time

Anyone know how long they take to ship from China to the UK? I’m trying so hard not to be impatient!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

About 6 to 8 weeks by the looks at the moment. Depends which vessel its o and where their stopping though.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:04 AM   #3
kingachille
Rep
Drives: X3

Anyone who can help me on tracking the right vessel?

Production date is 13/10/2021 and it should arrive in Belgium at 04/01 (I know this from another client who had this date in his answer from his dealer).

How can I track the vessel knowing it probably departed from Dalian Port?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:19 AM   #4
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingachille View Post
Anyone who can help me on tracking the right vessel?

Production date is 13/10/2021 and it should arrive in Belgium at 04/01 (I know this from another client who had this date in his answer from his dealer).

How can I track the vessel knowing it probably departed from Dalian Port?
If it's due to arrive in Belgium in January it won't be departing Dalian until the first week in December. If it had departed Dalian already, it would be in Belgium around the end of November.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:30 AM   #5
kingachille
Rep

Aha :-) Based on what information are you stating this?

I know cars produced after mine have already the "shipped" status, so I'm guessing mine does as well? Or would it be possible shipping is depending on country?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:07 AM   #6
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:

I know cars produced after mine have already the "shipped" status, so I'm guessing mine does as well? Or would it be possible shipping is depending on country?
I have also seen that cars built after mine have been given an earlier expected delivery however you do need to consider that BMW have given me 4 expected delivery dates since the car arrived at Southampton on the 2nd Oct, all of which have passed. Latest suggested date is the 1st Nov, if this happens that's a four week period in the docks prior to being dispatched to dealer.

Not sure if later built cars will leapfrog the older built cars but if not all vehicles may be prone to the delays in being dispatched.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:29 AM   #7
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

It takes roughly 3.5 - 4 weeks at sea from Dalian to Belgium (Zeebrugge). This is based on the last dozen ships I have tracked so I'm fairly confident on timings.

So if your dealer has told you that it's arriving in Belgium in January then it won't be going on to a ship until December. If it makes it on an earlier ship, you won't know that until it actually arrives in belgium early. Many of us have discovered this when tracking our cars and we can't confirm which ship its on until it checks in to Bremerhaven and then we work back from there.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:49 AM   #8
kingachille
Rep

Oh, nice. Well, it had the status "Transport", but when I check the BMW website, only once code does have the "Transport" in it, code 10. Ready for transport.

So maybe... my car is still awaiting in Dalian :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 07:01 AM   #9
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Oh, nice. Well, it had the status "Transport", but when I check the BMW website, only once code does have the "Transport" in it, code 10. Ready for transport.

So maybe... my car is still awaiting in Dalian :-)
Yeah, it will probably stay in that status until it checked into Europe where it will then change to "Port of Exit"
Appreciate 0