BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Will the IX3 resale value suffer

With all of the problems experienced with the IX3 and the fact a new model is coming out do you think the resale value will be affected?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
DjCoke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX3 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 Vines View Post
With all of the problems experienced with the IX3 and the fact a new model is coming out do you think the resale value will be affected?
Yes, especially if the pre-LCI will not get preheating battery pack whiled driving to a fastcharger
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

I think precondition of battery will be ota'd to the car, the actual tech in the cars hasn't changed, and if you purchased a Premier edition (launch car) some people seek them out over the later cars because its one of the first ones. But I don't think there will be a vast difference in second hand costs after 3 or 4 years, as the lci won't be the current model either then anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
Thanis34
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

It depends on the level of missed features. Some people were not able to get the HarmanKardon audio and/or the wireless charging. The latter also includes the NFC thingy for the Apple Key function.

If you have a pre-LCI without any feature loss or only the loss of the passenger lumbar support, you won’t have any issue reselling the car. Especially if the rumors of longterm shortages are true !

On that note, it’s a good thing that the LCI is with m-pack only and pre-LCI is without. You will always have people who prefer one or the oterlmher.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 02:54 PM   #5
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Compared to what ? Other EVs or ICEs?

My personal view is EV sales clearly are taking off and demand could outstrip supply if there continues to be parts shortages.

And BMWs always hold good value anyway.

But honestly who can say.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 02:17 AM   #6
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport Pro

IMHO one way it could play out, in 3 or 4 years time there is going to be a strong market for EVs and the early iX3s will be in very limited numbers and newer models will be much more expensive. It will be this strong demand (and the fact that it’s an awesome car) keeps residuals stronger. As with missing options, cars will sell easier if fully loaded but value won’t vary much if you have the Hifi for example. Compared to other cars they are seriously loaded with options anyway. In a Tesla you pay more than £4k for lane change, iX3 standard
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 03:05 AM   #7
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJon View Post
IMHO one way it could play out, in 3 or 4 years time there is going to be a strong market for EVs and the early iX3s will be in very limited numbers and newer models will be much more expensive. It will be this strong demand (and the fact that it’s an awesome car) keeps residuals stronger. As with missing options, cars will sell easier if fully loaded but value won’t vary much if you have the Hifi for example. Compared to other cars they are seriously loaded with options anyway. In a Tesla you pay more than £4k for lane change, iX3 standard
I tend to agree and hope that if anything the demand, long lead times and high prices for new vehicles will keep second hand resale prices high.

Used car prices are going up in the EV and hybrid market, where Q2 of 2021 saw electric and hybrid sales triple, and this is set to continue.

Apparently a recent survey found that 52% of British consumers are interested in getting a second-hand EV, with 55% intending to switch to a used electric car within the next five years.

If market does go this way we should be in a very good position when looking to upgrade/replace our IX3's in 3 or 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 10:24 AM   #8
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Hi, new to the forum, just ordered a msport pro with a delivery date around February, so this tells me residuals should be ok. I will probably only keep it for 1year max as I really want the i4 m50
Appreciate 0