BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Hatchback

BMW owners across the World have returned to their cars to find the windows wound down and doors unlocked as a result of a key fob and tight trousers. I see on the X3 forum some people have been caught out by the hatch opening unexpectedly.

I park my iX3 in the garage overnight with the hatch adjacent to a breeze block wall. Has anyone come across a bottom lip slip on protector for the X3?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 11:59 AM   #2
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

I have some packaging foam glued to the inside of my garage wall so I don't ding the door getting out, perhaps foam on the wall would also work in your case?
Appreciate 1
DaveCV37.00
      09-25-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Or use bimmercode to change the time you need to hold the button for before it pops?whatbi did on the 225xe and what I'll do on the iX3 when it comes.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 05:00 AM   #4
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Or use bimmercode to change the time you need to hold the button for before it pops?whatbi did on the 225xe and what I'll do on the iX3 when it comes.
Thanks but I fear that might be a tad tricky for an OAP. I wouldn’t know where to start. It’s just annoying that there is no disable function in the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 05:14 AM   #5
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Yeah very true, but just because your older doesn't mean you can't do it, it's pretty simple to be honest.

Just change the setting for open and close to close onoy, then you can remote close the boot, but not open it, or change the time you have to hold the button for.

Name:  Screenshot_20210926-111405_BimmerCode.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  72.9 KB
Appreciate 1
DaveCV37.00
      09-27-2021, 03:32 AM   #6
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCV View Post
BMW owners across the World have returned to their cars to find the windows wound down and doors unlocked as a result of a key fob and tight trousers. I see on the X3 forum some people have been caught out by the hatch opening unexpectedly.

I park my iX3 in the garage overnight with the hatch adjacent to a breeze block wall. Has anyone come across a bottom lip slip on protector for the X3?
I had hoped to eliminate this by using my iPhone to open/close the car! Due to the issue of the car blocking some services when intermittent charging occurs I had to abandon this idea (bought a new phone for f. sake!) and use the remote key now. I haven’t come across any of the stated issues, but I must say the buttons on the fob are neatly flush. Maybe it occurs if one has their hands in his/her pocket and fiddles with the fob (unintentionally)?
Appreciate 0