E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Lemon Law

07-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Darkclaw13
-----------
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Lemon Law

I got a question for people in VA. I need to get my car lemoned and I dont know how to get the whole process started. A little history. I took my car into the dealership for some a ticking noise. They found the wastegate acutuators have gone bad, so they replaced the wastegates. After the wastegates were replaced, there was a noise coming from the turbos, so they replaced both turbochargers. So after a month in the shop I had new turbos. I thought great, now thats over I can enjoy the car again. A little over a week later, the same noise that I brought the car in for originally was back even louder than the first time. So I took the car back and this time the Field Service Engineer came and looked at it. They then proceeded to tell me that all the BMW recommended repair had already been performed and that the problem is under investigation and they will contact me when a permanent solution has been found. So I decided at this point that I needed to get out of this car. So I contacted the GM of BMW of Fairfax, and they said that they would see what they could do. I then contacted BMW NA and told them the problem. They called me back this morning that they could provide no assistance in buying the car back from me because there is no problem with the vehicle. So I need to lemon it now and I need to know how to start the lemon law process?
      07-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkclaw13 View Post
I got a question for people in VA. I need to get my car lemoned and I dont know how to get the whole process started. A little history. I took my car into the dealership for some a ticking noise. They found the wastegate acutuators have gone bad, so they replaced the wastegates. After the wastegates were replaced, there was a noise coming from the turbos, so they replaced both turbochargers. So after a month in the shop I had new turbos. I thought great, now thats over I can enjoy the car again. A little over a week later, the same noise that I brought the car in for originally was back even louder than the first time. So I took the car back and this time the Field Service Engineer came and looked at it. They then proceeded to tell me that all the BMW recommended repair had already been performed and that the problem is under investigation and they will contact me when a permanent solution has been found. So I decided at this point that I needed to get out of this car. So I contacted the GM of BMW of Fairfax, and they said that they would see what they could do. I then contacted BMW NA and told them the problem. They called me back this morning that they could provide no assistance in buying the car back from me because there is no problem with the vehicle. So I need to lemon it now and I need to know how to start the lemon law process?
Sorry to hear that mate,
http://www.carlaws.com/
This should give you a start.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...s/lemonlaw.asp
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Has the car been at the shop for more than 30 days with proof? If so contact a local lemon case lawyer and he'll give you some insights as to what your options are. You are entitled to at least some money back if they don't lemon ur car. I got a new car cuz mine was at the shop for 3 months

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Darkclaw13
-----------
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Has the car been at the shop for more than 30 days with proof? If so contact a local lemon case lawyer and he'll give you some insights as to what your options are. You are entitled to at least some money back if they don't lemon ur car. I got a new car cuz mine was at the shop for 3 months
I have tickets that show that my car was in the shop for 30+ days and also proof since there are loaner car documents that I was without my car for that time frame. I also have 3 separate repair orders that were related to this issue. They also were kind enough to give me an email that said that they didnt know how to fix it. I've already talked with the Lemon Law lawyer that Raja suggested and he is sending me some info. I can tell you this though, I am never going back to bmw of fairfax
      07-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Then you can definitely lemon your car then...or at least get a lot of money back for your inconvenience. run a search for lemon lawyers and give them a call to see what your options are.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0