BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #23
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Might be time to fill cans or a barrel for home dispensing .... that would drive me nuts. I get pissed that I can't just set it and walk away, I have to keep it squeezed and fully seated. On our M6 and Yukon. If I had to settle for a half tank every time I'd go nuts.
I don’t have to worry about this in NY , it’s against the law (NY fire code) to lock and walk away from your car , cell phone use while pumping is a $500 fine also .
I use to lock the pump all the time for years but haven’t done it in a long time , I never had this problem with auto shut off with my M6 GC either it’s a 15 .
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #24
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
Might be time to fill cans or a barrel for home dispensing .... that would drive me nuts. I get pissed that I can't just set it and walk away, I have to keep it squeezed and fully seated. On our M6 and Yukon. If I had to settle for a half tank every time I'd go nuts.
I don’t have to worry about this in NY , it’s against the law (NY fire code) to lock and walk away from your car , cell phone use while pumping is a $500 fine also .
I use to lock the pump all the time for years but haven’t done it in a long time , I never had this problem with auto shut off with my M6 GC either it’s a 15 .
I never would go far but it's nice to at least wash the windshield, stretch my legs, etc. get your point tho. Don't love touching the nasty handles any longer than I have to so it's annoying. NY actually handing out tickets for phone use? Phones while driving illegal and far more dangerous than pumping gas, yet I see people on phones while driving more often than not, it seems...

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 10:27 PM   #25
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I never would go far but it's nice to at least wash the windshield, stretch my legs, etc. get your point tho. Don't love touching the nasty handles any longer than I have to so it's annoying. NY actually handing out tickets for phone use? Phones while driving illegal and far more dangerous than pumping gas, yet I see people on phones while driving more often than not, it seems...
I never seen a ticket but there are signs posted on the pump it is illegal, I guess If your on the phone pumping gas there is a possibility of a spark or fire from the phone ,I find it unlikely but I guess it is possible, Its just another way to generate money for the city if they want to highly enforce it .
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #26
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

Same issue for me with my 15 M4 and happens with my 15 M6. It doesn't always happen. I don't do anything different. Sometimes it fills right up. Sometimes it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #27
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

I'm not sure there's ever been a proven, documented case of a fire starting in a petrol station as a result of someone using a mobile phone. It's far more likely a fire could be started as a result of a static discharge. Unless I cling onto the metal part of the door when I alight from my car, I get a terrible static electric shock. It's often so bad you can actually HEAR it zap across from my fingers!
Appreciate 0