BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-20-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC SMB

CF Front Lip and Diffuser Options

Hi Guys,

My M6GC is getting transferred from out of state to California right now and I have about another week before it will arrive to me so I have been searching for good CF parts for the car and I couldn't find exact answers I've been looking for..

I really like the look of this diffuser, however, when I contacted the company ( RW Carbon ) that was selling this part they no longer have this diffuser and lip because of the fitment issues they had.

And this lip that looks similar to vorsteiner lip, the company ( RW Carbon ) also said this lip had a fitment issue. I don't want the genuine vorsteiner lip because I know I will breaking it..and will need to replace again

So my question is if anyone have this diffuser and the lip how is the fitment and where were you able to purchase it? if this Diffuser isn't available then I think I am going to try for 3D Design diffuser which is more subtle whereas the other one looks very aggressive in my eyes.

Ok I forgot to list the parts name

DTM Carbon Fiber Front Lip
DTM Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
DTM Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
DTM Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions

I appreciate the input and guidance to achieve this look in advance Thanks!

Last edited by Infiniteflow; 06-20-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
John H.221.00
      06-20-2020, 11:53 PM   #2
DarkMastyr
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

From what I've been able to gather (you can see some threads in the M5 forums as well), all these companies seem to be getting the same carbon parts from the same factories in China. You can find the same parts on AliExpress. Fitment is a crapshoot. Delivery takes several months at least.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 12:58 AM   #3
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMastyr View Post
From what I've been able to gather (you can see some threads in the M5 forums as well), all these companies seem to be getting the same carbon parts from the same factories in China. You can find the same parts on AliExpress. Fitment is a crapshoot. Delivery takes several months at least.
I've seen people in this forum sourcing their CF parts from eBay and they said that their fitment is perfect but now that you are saying its crapshoot I don't know if getting the genuine parts is the only way for the good fitment or its the installation process that can close the gap in fitment issue.

I wish someone who has gone through sourcing to installing the CF parts process to give guidance on where to get the parts ( exact store/seller name if it is eBay ). I was really relying on RW Carbon because its local but since they don't carry some of the parts I was interested I am trying to extend my search now through this forum.

Last edited by Infiniteflow; 06-21-2020 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #4
Speednlux
Private
Rep
Drives: F12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniteflow View Post
Hi Guys,

My M6GC is getting transferred from out of state to California right now and I have about another week before it will arrive to me so I have been searching for good CF parts for the car and I couldn't find exact answers I've been looking for..

I really like the look of this diffuser, however, when I contacted the company ( RW Carbon ) that was selling this part they no longer have this diffuser and lip because of the fitment issues they had.

And this lip that looks similar to vorsteiner lip, the company ( RW Carbon ) also said this lip had a fitment issue. I don't want the genuine vorsteiner lip because I know I will breaking it..and will need to replace again

So my question is if anyone have this diffuser and the lip how is the fitment and where were you able to purchase it? if this Diffuser isn't available then I think I am going to try for 3D Design diffuser which is more subtle whereas the other one looks very aggressive in my eyes.

Ok I forgot to list the parts name

DTM Carbon Fiber Front Lip
DTM Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
DTM Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
DTM Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions

I appreciate the input and guidance to achieve this look in advance Thanks!
I can only speak from my own experience, but the parts I ordered from Spec-M on eBay have been great. Minor fitment adjustments to be made as you’re installing but I’ve heard the same for the Vorsteiner parts. The quality is pretty darn good, and shipping from Taiwan is fast. I ordered the trunk spoiler, side skirts and front lip on separate occasions in the midst of the beginning of COVID and the parts all arrived in a week or less.

My rear diffuser came with the car so I’m not sure about where the previous owner got it from, but the fit is also great.

Check out some of my prior posts if you’d like to see pictures as reference.

Good luck in your search, and let the modding begin!
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speednlux View Post
I can only speak from my own experience, but the parts I ordered from Spec-M on eBay have been great. Minor fitment adjustments to be made as you’re installing but I’ve heard the same for the Vorsteiner parts. The quality is pretty darn good, and shipping from Taiwan is fast. I ordered the trunk spoiler, side skirts and front lip on separate occasions in the midst of the beginning of COVID and the parts all arrived in a week or less.

My rear diffuser came with the car so I’m not sure about where the previous owner got it from, but the fit is also great.

Check out some of my prior posts if you’d like to see pictures as reference.

Good luck in your search, and let the modding begin!
Thank you! I will look into your previous post and will check out the parts from the seller you used
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
Petepacman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I have purchased 3 of these front lips from Amazon for $400. Fitment has been good all 3 times.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 09:28 AM   #7
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Send me a private message if your still interested in these. I hand make these diffusers with either forged carbon or 2x2 weave. I can personally guarantee fitment on my car prior to shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC

Last edited by m6NYC; 06-23-2020 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
itzjoker149.50
      06-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Looking for these Vorsteiner style parts (skirts, diffuser and front deflector/lip), but NOT in carbon fiber. Regular ABS or reinforced thermoplastic would be fine, because I want to paint them to match the car.

Can some help point me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #9
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Looking for these Vorsteiner style parts (skirts, diffuser and front deflector/lip), but NOT in carbon fiber. Regular ABS or reinforced thermoplastic would be fine, because I want to paint them to match the car.

Can some help point me in the right direction?
Try EBMotor. Fitment at your own risk.

https://www.ebmotor.com/product/v-st...-2014up-b371f/
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #10
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post

How did it work for you?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #11
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniteflow View Post
Quote:

How did it work for you?
Haven't tried it, but it's one of the few places I've seen a V style non CF diffuser so I thought I'd share since the previous poster was asking.

In my opinion, you get what you pay for in terms of carbon fiber quality and finish. However, it seems fitment is a crap shoot. I've heard of $450 replica diffusers with better fitment than $1500 original Vorsteiners.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #12
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:

Are you getting a browser security warning on this site? Makes me a bit nervous.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00
      06-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
Send me a private message if your still interested in these. I hand make these diffusers with either forged carbon or 2x2 weave. I can personally guarantee fitment on my car prior to shipping.
man thats badass I would like to see that on the car!
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #14
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC
Do you make these in regular weave?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #15
m6NYC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah regular 2x2 can be done. 1x1 is more difficult because it has too many curves. I might be changing the mold into three individual parts, it'll be way easier to ship and still look very nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #16
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah regular 2x2 can be done. 1x1 is more difficult because it has too many curves. I might be changing the mold into three individual parts, it'll be way easier to ship and still look very nice.
Neat, that would be something I'd be interested in. Fitment has been a primary problem with the one piece V-Style diffuser.

Heck, I'd be interested in a V style Decklid Spoiler as well as front lip for the right price.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #17
m6NYC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
man thats badass I would like to see that on the car!
Thanks, Whipple! Will post some more pics soon.
Appreciate 0