BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-10-2020, 03:42 PM   #1
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Got one in the end

M6 GC competition 2017, relatively high milage at 45,000 but very clean (motorway mileage with one previous owner). Just turned 3 yrs of age and all the services including running in service are in date and recently done including brake pads and differential oil changes.

These M6 GC LCI competition cars are rare in the UK and are quickly snapped up.

It would only be used as a weekend car. I have two dailies already. So mileage likely to be less than 5000 miles/year. Has BMW individual frozen black exterior and interior (Colour SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) Upholstery
IND.VOLLLEDERAUSST./PLATIN/SCHWARZ) with bang and olufsen audio. I am so chuffed. Almost all options but surprisingly no power boot opening and no driving assistant and four zone climate controls

Drove the car almost 300 miles today from the dealer. So many admirers today of the car. Hopefully would keep this one for a long time. Needs to start saving for retirement.

Th car drove so well and I set the M2 button to sportiest everything including MDM mode and the damper did not seem stiff at all (I know it is adaptive). Did not feel stiffer than my previous G30 520D. The multifunction seat was heavenly. I am back now without feeling any discomfort having driven for almost 5 hours

The car drove like dream, driving in manual and setting the RPM above 4000 miles gives exhilarating acceleration with beautiful tonal sound. The car moved sideways a bit if accelerator pedal is just mashed, it need to be feathered.

Hopefully I would be changing its engine oil at every 5 k miles, avoid high RPM when engine is cold. The car feels solidly built like any BMW and feels bullet proof. I hope so.

It is the best car I have owned to date

Many thanks for all the forum members that steered me away from those two I was interested in

I would probably change the grille to a black performance one.

Would it be okay to stick a carbon spoiler onto the frozen black paint?

Few pictures attached. I have now added the photo of the back and the other two amigos
Attached Images

Last edited by babaikram; 10-25-2020 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
Speednlux
Private
Rep
Drives: F12

That frozen black is sinsiter! I love it !

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50
      10-10-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Very very nice
      10-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Now that's a proper example. Glad you bought a good one mate.
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50
      10-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
M6 GC competition 2017, relatively high milage at 45,000 but very clean (motorway mileage with one previous owner). Just turned 3 yrs of age and all the services including running in service are in date and recently done including brake pads and differential oil changes.

These M6 GCLCI competition LCI are rare in the UK and are quickly snapped up.

It would only be used as a weekend car. I have two dailies already. So mileage likely to be less than 5000 miles/year. Has BMW individual frozen black exterior and interior (Colour SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) Upholstery
IND.VOLLLEDERAUSST./PLATIN/SCHWARZ) with bang and olufsen audio. I am so chuffed. Almost all options but surprisingly no power boot opening and no driving assistant and four zone climate controls

Drove the car almost 300 miles today from the dealer. So many admirers today of the car. Hopefully would keep this one for a long time. Needs to start saving for retirement.

Th car drove so well and I set the M2 button to sportiest everything including MDM mode and the damper did not seem stiff at all (I know it is adaptive). Did not feel stiffer than my previous G30 520D. The multifunction seat was heavenly. I back now without feeling any discomfort having driven for almost 5 hours

The car drove like dream, driving in manual and setting the RPM above 4000 miles gives exhilarating acceleration with beautiful tonal sound. The car moved sideways a bit if accelerator pedal is just mashed, it need to be feathered.

Hopefully I would be changing its engine oil at every 5 k miles, avoid high RPM when engine is cold. The car feels solidly built made like any BMW and feels bullet proof. i hope so.

It is the best car I have owned to date

Many thanks for all the forum members that steered me away from those two I was interested in

I would probably change the grille to a black performance one.

Would be okay to stick a carbon spoiler onto the frozen black paint?

Few pictures attached. The back of the car has become dirty so the photo would be added later
Gorgeous car, same age as my SMB, pleased to see they will "age" so well (mine only has 16k km/10k mls). Love the colour combo, but I didn't know they made these without the rear climate control options... Well, I guess Aussie cars come with most options as standard, then again nobody really sits on the rear seat in my car anyway.

Can't see from the pictures, but if yours doesn't have Michelin PS4S, that would be the best way of spending some money on it - changing from the OEM P-Zeros transformed the car. Also, get the alignment sorted - not at BMW, but find someone who knows what they do. Remember, the rear axle has adjustment in our cars, but appears it's pain in the butt to do, but so worth it.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the spoiler, these cars look so classy that it will just make it look strange - looks good on F13, though.

The other "mod" I would suggest is a proper after market sound system upgrade, but as yours has B&O its so much trickier, so probably don't worry about it. But our cars are pretty damn good acoustically, so you could get amazing sound. This would also delete the synthetic sound piping through speakers - but you can delete that separately...

Enjoy, and let us know how you get on with it!
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50
      10-10-2020, 04:42 PM   #6
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
Gorgeous car, same age as my SMB, pleased to see they will "age" so well (mine only has 16k km/10k mls).

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the spoiler, these cars look so classy that it will just make it look strange - looks good on F13, though.
That is my thought exactly. The spoiler may end up cheapening it. I would look into the tyres later

Thanks all for the positive replies
      10-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #7
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Gorgeous car, same age as my SMB, pleased to see they will "age" so well (mine only has 16k km/10k mls). Love the colour combo, but I didn't know they made these without the rear climate control options... Well, I guess Aussie cars come with most options as standard, then again nobody really sits on the rear seat in my car anyway.

Can't see from the pictures, but if yours doesn't have Michelin PS4S, that would be the best way of spending some money on it - changing from the OEM P-Zeros transformed the car. Also, get the alignment sorted - not at BMW, but find someone who knows what they do. Remember, the rear axle has adjustment in our cars, but appears it's pain in the butt to do, but so worth it.

The other "mod" I would suggest is a proper after market sound system upgrade, but as yours has B&O its so much trickier, so probably don't worry about it. But our cars are pretty damn good acoustically, so you could get amazing sound. This would also delete the synthetic sound piping through speakers - but you can delete that separately...

The main reason I got an NZ car instead of a UK import is that our cars are AU spec with ventilated seats - UK cars don't have that as standard, nor do they have 4 zone climate which came as standard in AU and by default NZ.

I still like the factory spoiler though on all F chassis M6
      10-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #8
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

One more to consider as the interior looks in great shape right now - get the colourlock cleaning and conditioning kit with leather shield and protector (about £30). It will help prevent scuffs and colour transfer on that beautiful white leather.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 04:00 AM   #9
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
One more to consider as the interior looks in great shape right now - get the colourlock cleaning and conditioning kit with leather shield and protector (about £30). It will help prevent scuffs and colour transfer on that beautiful white leather.

Yes. I do have leather conditioner from Meguairs. I would try and apply this
      10-11-2020, 04:03 AM   #10
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Can't see from the pictures, but if yours doesn't have Michelin PS4S, that would be the best way of spending some money on it -

I have just checked: The car has Michelin Pilot Super Sport all round. I would leave them like this, and then go for PS4S when they need changing
      10-11-2020, 04:09 AM   #11
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Which front would you prefer?
The black grille looks meaner but the chrome grille (mine) looks more elegant. Both frozen black with the black grille one pre LCI
Attached Images

10-11-2020, 04:17 AM   #12
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
The black grille looks meaner but the chrome grille (mine) looks more elegant. Both frozen black with the black grille one pre LCI
I'd keep it as is, but possibly depends on wheels... If you have blacked out wheels, maybe if you prefer a darth vader look, but if you have anything "shining" in the wheels, keep as they are. Then again, it's all about the taste - I'm not a big fan of "all the same colour", need something to break the colour...
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      10-11-2020, 04:42 AM   #13
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Black grill no question!
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50
      10-11-2020, 09:04 AM   #14
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

I have now added the photo of the back and the other two amigos. Cheers all.
      10-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #15
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Can't see from the pictures, but if yours doesn't have Michelin PS4S, that would be the best way of spending some money on it - changing from the OEM P-Zeros transformed the car.
Having read tother posts even though the car came with Michelin MPSS all round, I would later be changing the rear tyres to Michelin PS4S 305/30/20 for better traction
      10-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #16
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Black grill no question!
Definitely This.

Great looking car!
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50