BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thought everyone would like to take a look at some pics with the singapore and sakhir interior. I decided on the Moonlight top instead of the regular black. So far, I like a lot.
Attached Images
      

Last edited by OC Dealman; 08-31-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

I read moonstone and i was thinking light like the paint. So its more gray than black?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Yes, It comes off pretty close in person as it does in the pictures. It is not as gray as the light gray that they have offered in the past. It leans more toward black with a sheen to it. It really works well with the glossy paint.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Yeah it looks like its color matched good. Waiting on my singapore to be born. You planning on any major mods?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
Yeah it looks like its color matched good. Waiting on my singapore to be born. You planning on any major mods?
I don't think so, any changes I think would be cosmetic. I might work on getting the painted reflectors in front and I have considered the grill and side grill pieces in a darker color.
I thought about the exhaust because I had heard so many people say that the exhaust sounded weak, but in person, I have no complaints or regret.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

I plan on doing more when i get to the states but i already order the grill/reflectors/side markers. So i'll see how gloss black looks with the gray.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
SandmanTR's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Carlsbad, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Looking damn good OC!!!!
__________________

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanTR View Post
Looking damn good OC!!!!
Thanks, yours as well. I agree with you! It sure is an exciting car to drive. I was telling a buddy earlier that I drove the E60 for four years, and the E92 for the last 2 years, both incredible cars. This one is actually the first BMW in 10 years that actually gets me a bit nervous when I step on it right now. It has soooo much power and torque. It is heavy, but as I get use to it, it should feel easier to control and all nerves go away. I know I am going to sound a bit weak from what I just wrote, but I really wanted everyone to understand my point of view and how different and spectacular the version really feels to be!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
I plan on doing more when i get to the states but i already order the grill/reflectors/side markers. So i'll see how gloss black looks with the gray.
You are going to love it. The Singapore is striking! Have fun when it gets to you. When is it coming?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
I read moonstone and i was thinking light like the paint. So its more gray than black?
Sorry, I misquoted the top as Moonstone, it is Moonlight.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
SandmanTR's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Carlsbad, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dealman View Post
Thanks, yours as well. I agree with you! It sure is an exciting car to drive. I was telling a buddy earlier that I drove the E60 for four years, and the E92 for the last 2 years, both incredible cars. This one is actually the first BMW in 10 years that actually gets me a bit nervous when I step on it right now. It has soooo much power and torque. It is heavy, but as I get use to it, it should feel easier to control and all nerves go away. I know I am going to sound a bit weak from what I just wrote, but I really wanted everyone to understand my point of view and how different and spectacular the version really feels to be!
Funny you say that. This is the first sub 4sec 0-60 car I've owned and I'm still getting used to it. The power is amazing and a bit overwhelming. Especially when you have everything in Sport Plus with the hardest shift point set. Post 1200 miles of course.

I'd love to spend some time on the track so I can feel what it's like to break the back end free. I used DSC for a while and have now migrated to MDM so I can get used to the feel when you accelerate thru a corner.

You'll have to post after you had a chance to wind her out. It's one hell of a ride that's for sure.

__________________

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dealman View Post
You are going to love it. The Singapore is striking! Have fun when it gets to you. When is it coming?
The parts will be here next week, my car goes into production mid-month so I'm thinking end of month first week of Oct I should be behind the wheel taking it easy on the autobahn. I plan on getting to that 2nd break in point pretty fast.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
The parts will be here next week, my car goes into production mid-month so I'm thinking end of month first week of Oct I should be behind the wheel taking it easy on the autobahn. I plan on getting to that 2nd break in point pretty fast.
The wait will be tough! Good luck and you will certainly have fun with it on the Autobahn. Be careful though and enjoy when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
908
Rep
4,092
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i Phytonic
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - NE

iTrader: (0)

Looks great! I like the moonlight top vs black with the grey. It's a little softer looking. Not as bold of a contrast between the top and the body
__________________
Current: G01 ///M40i Phytonic Blue|Black with Blue Stitching

Retired: '12 F30 328i Sport Line Sapphire Black|Black-red, '09 E90 335i M-Sport AW|Oyster, '07 E92 335i Graphite|Saddle, '05 E60 545i TiAg|Black, '01 E46 325i Jet Black|Black
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Looks great! I like the moonlight top vs black with the grey. It's a little softer looking. Not as bold of a contrast between the top and the body
Yes, Thanks. That was what I was hoping for and it turned out well.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
7
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful! Would you say the color is pretty accurate in these pics? I ordered a 2013 m3 coupe in Singapore grey w/ fox red interior.

Congrats on the m6!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
OC Dealman
Private First Class
OC Dealman's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomM3 View Post
Beautiful! Would you say the color is pretty accurate in these pics? I ordered a 2013 m3 coupe in Singapore grey w/ fox red interior.

Congrats on the m6!
Thanks and congrats to you on your order! The actual body color, Singapore is a bit richer looking in person. I liken it to a cross between a darker Space Gray and a lighter black. It also has a bit of dark blue in it at times, depending on distance and light. It really is a color that will appeal to people who like all different dark shades. As far as the Interior is concerned, this is the Sakhir, and it is a bit brighter in red tint to the fox. I had the two tone fox and black in my last M3. I prefer the brighter color red style and this fits the bill. If you prefer the more muted red tone, then you are going to find it perfect. When I downloaded the pictures, the first interior shot with the top down, made me say wow, it is no where near that bright in color in person.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #18
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
7
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dealman View Post
Thanks and congrats to you on your order! The actual body color, Singapore is a bit richer looking in person. I liken it to a cross between a darker Space Gray and a lighter black. It also has a bit of dark blue in it at times, depending on distance and light. It really is a color that will appeal to people who like all different dark shades. As far as the Interior is concerned, this is the Sakhir, and it is a bit brighter in red tint to the fox. I had the two tone fox and black in my last M3. I prefer the brighter color red style and this fits the bill. If you prefer the more muted red tone, then you are going to find it perfect. When I downloaded the pictures, the first interior shot with the top down, made me say wow, it is no where near that bright in color in person.
awesome! i was going go with space grey- then figured everyone gets it and wanted something a bit different. If you get a chance, please post more pics in different lighting!

Congrats again! my wait continues..... Going to be a big change from my 96' acura!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
vladberca
Major General
vladberca's Avatar
Romania
634
Rep
5,417
Posts

Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

iTrader: (0)

Awesome color combo! Congrats & drive safe!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
xDrive McGee
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2012 Bentley Continental GT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NE USA

iTrader: (0)

Looks fantastic. Almost got this combo for my coupe. Went with Singapore Grey + Canyon Brown instead. Either way, I would've been happy!
__________________
Family Hauler: 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
-------------------------
2012 650i xDrive. 2010 535i xDrive. 2008 Audi S6. 2002 & 2003 Maserati Coupes. 2002 MB CLK 430.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #21
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
datbimmerdoe's Avatar
United_States
1019
Rep
17,504
Posts

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

sexy combo!! congrats
__________________
#datbimmerdoe #thatbimmertho

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #22
Antny74
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

OT but how do those headlights look in person? I did not order the executive package so my coupe will not have the full LEDs, however most of the M6's have the full LED headlights
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST