BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
41
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles / Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

2013 F12/13 and New Updated Nav Pro Status?

What is the story with the updated Nav system that is supposed to be in the 2013 M6's. It seems the images from ones that are currently delivered or at dealers don't have the new Nav, is that because the very first batch was May/June production?

I believe the easiest way to tell the difference in pictures is that the new Nav has a Full Rectangle Orange highlight when an option is seelcted, where as in the old (current) nav, you get a hollow orange rectangle on selection. Am I right on this?

Can anyone interject?

Thanks

RCK
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
BigHat
Lieutenant
BigHat's Avatar
7
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 E93
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
What is the story with the updated Nav system that is supposed to be in the 2013 M6's. It seems the images from ones that are currently delivered or at dealers don't have the new Nav, is that because the very first batch was May/June production?

I believe the easiest way to tell the difference in pictures is that the new Nav has a Full Rectangle Orange highlight when an option is seelcted, where as in the old (current) nav, you get a hollow orange rectangle on selection. Am I right on this?

Can anyone interject?

Thanks

RCK
All I can do is agree with your assumption. If you read the iDrive announcement Jason posted the new system was cut in on the M6 in July. Based on when the initial batch of launch cars showed up at the dealerships I think they had to be built before the update.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
fitmaster
Private First Class
fitmaster's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

The new nav in the M6 is from July production on. Picking ours up in Munich later this month and was told that it does have the new nav system. Shows building in 3D and has. 200 gb hard drive. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
What is the story with the updated Nav system that is supposed to be in the 2013 M6's. It seems the images from ones that are currently delivered or at dealers don't have the new Nav, is that because the very first batch was May/June production?

I believe the easiest way to tell the difference in pictures is that the new Nav has a Full Rectangle Orange highlight when an option is seelcted, where as in the old (current) nav, you get a hollow orange rectangle on selection. Am I right on this?

Can anyone interject?

Thanks

RCK
I've been asking this question here for a few weeks now. No real answer to date.

I'm puzzled by this. Like you say, all pictures to date suggest old nav in M6 Coupe, but the release schedule published here states July production. My dealer (in the UK) says there is no NAV update yet for the M6 Coupe. That would be a real shame on a car not even officially released here yet, to arrive with defunct technology.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
The new nav in the M6 is from July production on. Picking ours up in Munich later this month and was told that it does have the new nav system. Shows building in 3D and has. 200 gb hard drive. Hope this helps.
I would assume this is accurate. The new F10 M5's that are popping up have the updated nav and the rollout time was similar. I couldn't get a definite on mine either but I pick up mine the end of this month as well.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Any new deliveries or confirmation on post July build M6's having the updated Nav?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

My build is this week with a delivery of prob next week. i will post pics and give a confirmation if someone doesn't beat me to it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
DASF13
New Member
3
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

I had week 35 production (mid-end of August). Vehicle just left the port a few days ago on the 15th. I called my sales rep to look into this for me, and was happily informed that it DOES have the new IDRIVE!!!

So if your week 35 and up, I would go ahead and assume the same goes for you. I cant however say anything about July production, and obviously nothing is 100% until I see it with my own eyes! However, I could not imagine the rep making such a mistake in misinforming their client.

Good luck to all, will definitely post when I pick up the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
54
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to AlpWhite11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
The new nav in the M6 is from July production on. Picking ours up in Munich later this month and was told that it does have the new nav system. Shows building in 3D and has. 200 gb hard drive. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASF13
I had week 35 production (mid-end of August). Vehicle just left the port a few days ago on the 15th. I called my sales rep to look into this for me, and was happily informed that it DOES have the new IDRIVE!!!

So if your week 35 and up, I would go ahead and assume the same goes for you. I cant however say anything about July production, and obviously nothing is 100% until I see it with my own eyes! However, I could not imagine the rep making such a mistake in misinforming their client.
These are consistent with the new navigation pro schedule that was announced on the homepage:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #10
kingoyejordan
Private
5
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Anyone with the new Nav to show off yet??
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
fitmaster
Private First Class
fitmaster's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

M6 Convertible Eu Professional Nav

I did took delivery on September 17 of the new M6 Convertible. The nav shows 3D buildings (see pic - BMW HQ, Factory, Welt & Olympia Park tower) and the delivery agent at the BMW Welt acknowledged that the car does have the new "professional" system with the 200G hard drive as of all July + production. Have no way to check it until the car arrives in the US. Although the German map was loaded, we did see SOME 3D buildings in populated areas as we were driving through Germany. It was explained to us that when the car arrives back in the US, the German map will be deleted and the North America map will be loaded. Once we get the car back in the US, will check it out and re-post.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
fitmaster
Private First Class
fitmaster's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoyejordan View Post
Anyone with the new Nav to show off yet??
See previous post by - fitmaster
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST