BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-18-2021, 04:24 PM   #1
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Modded 2015 M6 GC Comp... Should I buy it?

Still on the hunt for an M6 and I came across this gem before pics went online. What do you guys think? What should I offer? And any thoughts on CCB's?

Looks like it has a set of 21" Klassen ID M10R wheels, an Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust w/ Carbon Fiber tips, and some other carbon goodies.

Here's a listing to the car on their website, clean carfax 2 owner.

https://www.msportmotors.net/pre-own...-BMW-M6/723252
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Here's the pics
Attached Images

Last edited by JDMSteven; 08-18-2021 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Added pics
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 07:22 AM   #3
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

That is a well optioned car. It is does not have a bad price listed on it. I don't like the wheels but that is personal preference. CCB should last till around 100k.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      08-19-2021, 07:31 AM   #4
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
That is a well optioned car. It is does not have a bad price listed on it. I don't like the wheels but that is personal preference. CCB should last till around 100k.
Same, I don't care for the wheels either, given that they're worth so much I'd put them up for trade down to a set of 20s and money on my end. I was able to get them to drop $1k. Might have a PPI done at the local BMW dealer if I decide to move forward.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 09:56 AM   #5
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

That's a nice spec. If the carbon bits are high quality, they along with the Akrapovic could account for $10K. The Klassens and tires might have doubled that. Someone spent good money on this build. When you say modded, do you mean just the cosmetics as shown or do you know of anything else under the hood?

I have the CCBs and love them. Mine are quiet except for a minute or so after a car wash, during which they sound like a foghorn. However, some people have had more issues with noise. The real question is how much life they have left. In normal use they are a "lifetime" part, meaning 100K miles. But track usages wears them out much, much faster. There are wear indicators on the surface, slightly darker circles toward the outer edge of the disk. When they start to disappear you're nearing the end. More reliable is measuring the disks themselves by weight or using a Carboteq tool. In round numbers it's $10k to replace the disks.

The question of prior usage is really important for assessing the likely reliability of the engine. I'd try to learn as much as you can, and consider hedging your risks with some kind of warranty. Overall, the car looks like someone put a lot of time and effort into it, which is suggestive of proper maintenance but not a guarantee of anything, of course. Considering all the extras, the pricey spec, and the current market the asking price seems fair to me. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #6
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
That's a nice spec. If the carbon bits are high quality, they along with the Akrapovic could account for $10K. The Klassens and tires might have doubled that. Someone spent good money on this build. When you say modded, do you mean just the cosmetics as shown or do you know of anything else under the hood?

I have the CCBs and love them. Mine are quiet except for a minute or so after a car wash, during which they sound like a foghorn. However, some people have had more issues with noise. The real question is how much life they have left. In normal use they are a "lifetime" part, meaning 100K miles. But track usages wears them out much, much faster. There are wear indicators on the surface, slightly darker circles toward the outer edge of the disk. When they start to disappear you're nearing the end. More reliable is measuring the disks themselves by weight or using a Carboteq tool. In round numbers it's $10k to replace the disks.

The question of prior usage is really important for assessing the likely reliability of the engine. I'd try to learn as much as you can, and consider hedging your risks with some kind of warranty. Overall, the car looks like someone put a lot of time and effort into it, which is suggestive of proper maintenance but not a guarantee of anything, of course. Considering all the extras, the pricey spec, and the current market the asking price seems fair to me. Good luck!
Thank you for the detailed response! I agree with all of your thoughts, but I refuse to buy one without an extended warranty. I had looked at a 2013 Coupe with 42k mi and it was around $5k, so I was expecting this to be less since it was newer. It was $9k for a Fidelity exclusive bumper-to-bumper 2yr/24k mi which is just more expensive than it makes sense to do. If I can find an excellent warranty for less than $4-5k I'd consider but otherwise I may not be getting an M6 at all due to warranty costs.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #7
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

Most people have been able to get better pricing on warranties. I recommend exclusionary coverage purchased from someone with a stake in the deal. Someone who is selling the car, servicing the car, or financing the car. Or a highly reputable insurer that your shop likes.

Discussions on this forum suggest that $3k to $6k is a common range for 4 or 5 years of coverage. Some have had quotes like the one you report, and people here speak highly of fidelity. Shop around a bit and see what you can find.
Appreciate 0