BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
daniel650i
New Member
daniel650i's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: bmw 650i gc
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma

iTrader: (0)

Quad tip exhaust

If my bmw 650i is equipped with m sport packages, does it mean it has an m sport exhaust?
I'm looking to swap out my trapezoid quad tips like how another member here cut it off with enough space to clamp on the new quad tips. My only concern is to find out what size I need to get to slip on the new tips? I researched and realized I need to get tips that are slightly larger so it would be able to just sleeve on to the existing exhaust.
Any help? I was confident enough to purchase a set I believe they were 2.75 inch inlets however the description said to not get this if you have an msport exhaust
Any insight will be helpful!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
patdog
Registered
3
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2015 650 ix grand coupe
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: middletown ct

iTrader: (0)

here is a picture of mine Quad Tips with muffler delete trim around muffler is painted same color as the car,
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2020, 01:57 AM   #3
Mck444
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 650i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdog View Post
here is a picture of mine Quad Tips with muffler delete trim around muffler is painted same color as the car,
What are those specific tips and what size are they?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #4
AccordTR
Private First Class
AccordTR's Avatar
Canada
55
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Winnipeg

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel650i View Post
If my bmw 650i is equipped with m sport packages, does it mean it has an m sport exhaust?
I'm looking to swap out my trapezoid quad tips like how another member here cut it off with enough space to clamp on the new quad tips. My only concern is to find out what size I need to get to slip on the new tips? I researched and realized I need to get tips that are slightly larger so it would be able to just sleeve on to the existing exhaust.
Any help? I was confident enough to purchase a set I believe they were 2.75 inch inlets however the description said to not get this if you have an msport exhaust
Any insight will be helpful!
Same idea as above. Muffler delete to quad tips. I also have a 2 piece carbon rear diffuser.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2015 Bmw 650i xDrive Gran Coupe
M Sports Edition
Carbon Wing
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 2
JBF65069.00

      10-16-2020, 03:04 PM   #5
daniel650i
New Member
daniel650i's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: bmw 650i gc
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Same idea as above. Muffler delete to quad tips. I also have a 2 piece carbon rear diffuser.
Did you install the diffuser yourself or did you take it in to a shop? I planned to find a shop that can both install the tips and diffusers to ensure fitment of both parts aren't going to be offset
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 11:43 PM   #6
AccordTR
Private First Class
AccordTR's Avatar
Canada
55
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Winnipeg

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel650i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Same idea as above. Muffler delete to quad tips. I also have a 2 piece carbon rear diffuser.
Did you install the diffuser yourself or did you take it in to a shop? I planned to find a shop that can both install the tips and diffusers to ensure fitment of both parts aren't going to be offset
I did it myself.
__________________
2015 Bmw 650i xDrive Gran Coupe
M Sports Edition
Carbon Wing
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 06:07 PM   #7
Mennaf06
New Member
Mennaf06's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2016 Bmw 640i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

I fit 3 1/2 quad tips on the m6 style lower bumper. Fit perfectly, I don't think you can fit much bigger
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
Bigjule1111
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Philly - south Jersey area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennaf06 View Post
I fit 3 1/2 quad tips on the m6 style lower bumper. Fit perfectly, I don't think you can fit much bigger
U can go 4 in. ..that's what I did
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #9
Bigjule1111
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Philly - south Jersey area

iTrader: (0)

cheapie 4 in tips from Amazon. Pic wouldn't upload

Last edited by Bigjule1111; 10-20-2020 at 03:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:17 PM   #10
Mennaf06
New Member
Mennaf06's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2016 Bmw 640i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjule1111 View Post
cheapie 4 in tips from Amazon. Pic wouldn't upload
If you could send a pic that would be great! If you could fit it, I'm re-doing mine lol
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:58 PM   #11
Bigjule1111
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Philly - south Jersey area

iTrader: (0)

here u go
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 08:13 PM   #12
Walt White Coupe
Lieutenant
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
121
Rep
556
Posts

Drives: 2013 650ix Coupe, 2016 Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phila, PA

iTrader: (0)

I like mine.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #13
Mennaf06
New Member
Mennaf06's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2016 Bmw 640i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjule1111 View Post
here u go
Look great, what size tips are those?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #14
Bigjule1111
Second Lieutenant
23
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Philly - south Jersey area

iTrader: (0)

Thanks 4 in tips on m6 mufflers
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

4" Tips
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 01:22 AM   #16
RollTideBimmer
New Member
3
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu0527 View Post
4" Tips
Are those FI tips or the full exhaust? I would love to be able to do the FI titanium tips wrapped in Carbon, but for one don't see the option to just purchase the tips. 2, I'm not sure how that would work installing the tips on the factory exhaust. Also, what rear diffuser is that (link please). I really like the aggressive look of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 12:03 AM   #17
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideBimmer View Post
Are those FI tips or the full exhaust? I would love to be able to do the FI titanium tips wrapped in Carbon, but for one don't see the option to just purchase the tips. 2, I'm not sure how that would work installing the tips on the factory exhaust. Also, what rear diffuser is that (link please). I really like the aggressive look of it.
No those are just tips that I mounted on to m6 comp mufflers, the diffuser is from ebmotors, some said fitment not good some said otherwise, I took a chance and it fits perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 01:51 AM   #18
RollTideBimmer
New Member
3
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu0527 View Post
No those are just tips that I mounted on to m6 comp mufflers, the diffuser is from ebmotors, some said fitment not good some said otherwise, I took a chance and it fits perfectly.
What kind of tips? By using the m6 mufflers, did it shift the position one way or another? I've heard that with stock exhaust it's hard to find rear diffuser that fits
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #19
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideBimmer View Post
What kind of tips? By using the m6 mufflers, did it shift the position one way or another? I've heard that with stock exhaust it's hard to find rear diffuser that fits
aliexpress tips, no I had a muffler shop do the muffler install and it didnt seem like they had problems welding the muffler on, the position was fine I just inserted the tips in afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #20
RollTideBimmer
New Member
3
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu0527 View Post
aliexpress tips, no I had a muffler shop do the muffler install and it didnt seem like they had problems welding the muffler on, the position was fine I just inserted the tips in afterwards.
Ok then. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have links? I've been scouring Ali ever since I purchased mine about a month ago. But as you know there are a ton of options out there. Some proven, some not.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to change the mufflers. I have full stock exhaust, but catless downpipes. I like how when I'm cruising she quietly purrs, but when I push her she's loud as hell. I do however care about aesthetics and want to do titanium wrapped in carbon tips
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #21
ezio650
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 650i GC
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

This looks incredible. Where did you buy this from and did you install them yourself?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #22
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideBimmer View Post
Ok then. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have links? I've been scouring Ali ever since I purchased mine about a month ago. But as you know there are a ton of options out there. Some proven, some not.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to change the mufflers. I have full stock exhaust, but catless downpipes. I like how when I'm cruising she quietly purrs, but when I push her she's loud as hell. I do however care about aesthetics and want to do titanium wrapped in carbon tips
They are all pretty much the same, I mean they are just muffler tips, so long as the dimensions are somewhat right, I don't see anything that can go wrong w it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST