BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      12-10-2021, 09:49 AM   #12255
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Hush your lips Tim. My house smells good.

I have to do something, the bodies in the basement start to stink after a while.
That's why you put them in barrels.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 09:49 AM   #12256
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Thanks for the responses/feedback. I appreciate it. It seems like she has been conflicted about going even prior to our discussion. She has made a few comments that have insinuated either she's ambivalent about going and/or she feels somewhat obligated to go because of the expected financial contribution (…she's covering half of the room). Ah well! I suppose it's water under the bridge at this point. What will be, will be.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 09:52 AM   #12257
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
That's why you put them in barrels.
The number of sealed 55 gallon drums is going to require additional permitting soon.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24973.00
vreihen1615137.50
      12-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #12258
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
The number of sealed 55 gallon drums is going to require additional permitting soon.
Bonfire instead?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615137.50
      12-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #12259
Pindjurman
Registered
Rep
Drives: Series 1 F20

A girl once invited me to her place which was a complete mess, empty pizza boxes, clothes and other sh*t everywhere, I was in shock, I've never seen anything like that in person. And she actually got offended because I did not take my shoes off when I entered the apartment. Kind of a red flag I would say.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #12260
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Bonfire instead?
YES!!! I can add patchouli, cinnamon and nutmeg and maybe some pine cones for a nice wintery solstice holiday scent, that my entire neighborhood can enjoy!! Genius! Public service announcement: Do not roast hot dogs or marshmallows at Jody's bonfire's.
Appreciate 2
Sara5791.00
Buug95917177.00
      12-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #12261
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
YES!!! I can add patchouli, cinnamon and nutmeg and maybe some pine cones for a nice wintery solstice holiday scent, that my entire neighborhood can enjoy!! Genius! Public service announcement: Do not roast hot dogs or marshmallows at Jody's bonfire's.
All you need is moonshine and smores and you're all set
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 10:17 AM   #12262
Finn Germai-Yaz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

I'm based in Vegas if you need a wingman for the attorney's friend.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24973.00
King Rudi13154.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      12-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #12263
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
Hahaha! I appreciate the show of support.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #12264
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Ok ladies and gents, I'll present a scenario and I want honest feedback.

So….

…my career field doesn't really provide me with holidays off most of the time. My station does a lottery type approach to Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day; essentially everybody will get one of those four days off.

In July of this year, Hottie Attorney was asked to go to Las Vegas with a group of friends for New Year's Eve (….prior to anything official happening between her and I in terms of relationship status/title although we had been casually dating ever since April of 2020). I've known about the trip since July, but I didn't think much of it initially. One of her friends played with the idea of it being a couples trip if I could find a guy friend for her, but that wasn't something I could commit to.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. Hottie Attorney asked me if I felt left out/slighted because I wasn't formally invited. Choosing not to be "that guy," I told her I didn't mind. I didn't want to come across controlling or anything. For the record, she has gone on many girl's-only trips, so that's not the crux of the issue. In any case, I asked for Christmas Eve off because she holds that day in high(er) regard, but I was given New Year's Eve off instead. I had hoped that being presented with that information she would have taken it upon herself to decide to spend it with me since I'm off work. When that didn't happen, I started to develop a bit of resentment because I would've done that for her. To me, New Year's Eve can be significant when you're in a relationship and it began to bother me.

On Tuesday night I finally said something……at 2am. Admittedly it wasn't ideal timing considering it was the middle of the night and considering she has been really stressed at work. It also didn't help that Sunday and Monday she could feel a shift in my energy, but she didn't understand why. In that moment, I basically released everything that had been building up, and it blindsided her a bit. Generally speaking, our communication is fantastic, but in that moment there was a breakdown. I take responsibility for not bringing it up sooner; for allowing it to fester. While we both consider it a minor hiccup that wasn't damaging (…and was a small ordeal in the grand scheme of the relationship), I can't help but question whether I should've made a big deal about it. To me, the issue surrounding spending that evening together means something. She admitted that it was a lapse of judgment on her part not to acknowledge my availability and to attempt to consider other options. We both carry responsibility in this, but I do feel bad because she's shouldering a lot at work and this issue just added more stress because she had an opportunity to decline to go, but when asked I didn't speak up at the time. Now there's some tension. Not relationship ending tension, but tension nonetheless…..and I feel like we took a slight step backwards from a mostly forward progressing and healthy relationship.

My heart was in the right place. I just want to be with her that evening. It will fill awkward being off and us not being together. I know if the shoe were on the other foot and I went to Las Vegas instead of spending it with her - knowing she was available - she would feel some type of way about that (…and probably question my priorities). She told me she would rethink the trip, but if she decides to spend it with me, will there be resentment? If she decides to go, what does that say about our relationship, my voiced concerns and her priorities? I dunno. I'm trapped in a whirlwind of perplexity. Thoughts?
I've let stuff fester too, so keep that in mind - I'm no better than you when I say this. Communication is so important. And not the type of communication that happens once you boil over from having let something fester. That's the bad sort. But sounds like you already recognize where you went wrong.

You have every right to communicate, and you should, as early as possible. As soon as you let something fester, I've found that during the time I let it fester, it becomes a much bigger deal to me than it would be if I addressed it right off the bat. I suspect this is because I have (and we all have) a little internal attorney present at all times, defending us and our actions, explaining to our inner self why we were right / justified, and why the other person wasn't. This attorney really goes to work if you give him the time to do so - he's fricking tireless in his efforts and when you let something fester, you give this guy the time to blow things out of proportion.

Ultimately, you aren't wrong about your desire to spend time together on significant occasions, nor are you wrong that if the shoe was on the other foot, she might be looking at you with similar resentment.

That said, you've also known about this for a while and didn't say anything until it was too late. Not only that, when asked, you told her you didn't mind. This then is a consequence of your actions, so take it. You lied, and you didn't act in time. That's it, bluntly, in a nut shell. It would not be fair for you to now expect her to cancel for you having misled her. Think about how you might feel if she did to you, what you did to her, and you had already committed to going on a trip with some guys, and last minute she says "why didn't you cancel"? Even though you had been told she didn't mind you going, and never said anything about it the whole way along.

Communication, communication, communication. So fricking important. And knowing that, I still fail to do so adequately and quickly enough numerous times in my marriage.

Sounds like otherwise you have a very healthy relationship and you tend to communicate quickly with each other.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24973.00
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #12265
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Ok ladies and gents, I'll present a scenario and I want honest feedback.

So….

…my career field doesn't really provide me with holidays off most of the time. My station does a lottery type approach to Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day; essentially everybody will get one of those four days off.

In July of this year, Hottie Attorney was asked to go to Las Vegas with a group of friends for New Year's Eve (….prior to anything official happening between her and I in terms of relationship status/title although we had been casually dating ever since April of 2020). I've known about the trip since July, but I didn't think much of it initially. One of her friends played with the idea of it being a couples trip if I could find a guy friend for her, but that wasn't something I could commit to.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. Hottie Attorney asked me if I felt left out/slighted because I wasn't formally invited. Choosing not to be "that guy," I told her I didn't mind. I didn't want to come across controlling or anything. For the record, she has gone on many girl's-only trips, so that's not the crux of the issue. In any case, I asked for Christmas Eve off because she holds that day in high(er) regard, but I was given New Year's Eve off instead. I had hoped that being presented with that information she would have taken it upon herself to decide to spend it with me since I'm off work. When that didn't happen, I started to develop a bit of resentment because I would've done that for her. To me, New Year's Eve can be significant when you're in a relationship and it began to bother me.

On Tuesday night I finally said something……at 2am. Admittedly it wasn't ideal timing considering it was the middle of the night and considering she has been really stressed at work. It also didn't help that Sunday and Monday she could feel a shift in my energy, but she didn't understand why. In that moment, I basically released everything that had been building up, and it blindsided her a bit. Generally speaking, our communication is fantastic, but in that moment there was a breakdown. I take responsibility for not bringing it up sooner; for allowing it to fester. While we both consider it a minor hiccup that wasn't damaging (…and was a small ordeal in the grand scheme of the relationship), I can't help but question whether I should've made a big deal about it. To me, the issue surrounding spending that evening together means something. She admitted that it was a lapse of judgment on her part not to acknowledge my availability and to attempt to consider other options. We both carry responsibility in this, but I do feel bad because she's shouldering a lot at work and this issue just added more stress because she had an opportunity to decline to go, but when asked I didn't speak up at the time. Now there's some tension. Not relationship ending tension, but tension nonetheless…..and I feel like we took a slight step backwards from a mostly forward progressing and healthy relationship.

My heart was in the right place. I just want to be with her that evening. It will fill awkward being off and us not being together. I know if the shoe were on the other foot and I went to Las Vegas instead of spending it with her - knowing she was available - she would feel some type of way about that (…and probably question my priorities). She told me she would rethink the trip, but if she decides to spend it with me, will there be resentment? If she decides to go, what does that say about our relationship, my voiced concerns and her priorities? I dunno. I'm trapped in a whirlwind of perplexity. Thoughts?
I've let stuff fester too, so keep that in mind - I'm no better than you when I say this. Communication is so important. And not the type of communication that happens once you boil over from having let something fester. That's the bad sort. But sounds like you already recognize where you went wrong.

You have every right to communicate, and you should, as early as possible. As soon as you let something fester, I've found that during the time I let it fester, it becomes a much bigger deal to me than it would be if I addressed it right off the bat. I suspect this is because I have (and we all have) a little internal attorney present at all times, defending us and our actions, explaining to our inner self why we were right / justified, and why the other person wasn't. This attorney really goes to work if you give him the time to do so - he's fricking tireless in his efforts and when you let something fester, you give this guy the time to blow things out of proportion.

Ultimately, you aren't wrong about your desire to spend time together on significant occasions, nor are you wrong that if the shoe was on the other foot, she might be looking at you with similar resentment.

That said, you've also known about this for a while and didn't say anything until it was too late. Not only that, when asked, you told her you didn't mind. This then is a consequence of your actions, so take it. You lied, and you didn't act in time. That's it, bluntly, in a nut shell. It would not be fair for you to now expect her to cancel for you having misled her. Think about how you might feel if she did to you, what you did to her, and you had already committed to going on a trip with some guys, and last minute she says "why didn't you cancel"? Even though you had been told she didn't mind you going, and never said anything about it the whole way along.

Communication, communication, communication. So fricking important. And knowing that, I still fail to do so adequately and quickly enough numerous times in my marriage.

Sounds like otherwise you have a very healthy relationship and you tend to communicate quickly with each other.
You're right! A few weeks ago when she asked me how I felt, I should've just said something. Lesson learned for sure.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 10:40 AM   #12266
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I am of western european blood lines, shoes in the house are absolutely forbidden.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #12267
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
Hahaha! I appreciate the show of support.
Tell her to go!! Give her spending money. Round up your homies and kill it for the time she is away. When my girl ever talks about trips, I make her go!!!! Last time she went on a girls trip, pre Covid I rounded some of my friends up and went to the Waste Management golf tournament. That shit was epic!! If anyone is reading this and is debating this trip, it's a must. Scottsdale is awesome at night!! We did VIP on the 16th hole, drank and ate all day. Golfed a few rounds. Girls were flashing tits and beer bonging at the 16 th hole. Is was crazy fun!! Do something fun while she is away. If she gives you any shit about that, you got the wrong one my friend.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #12268
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I have a first date tonight, first since June 2020. Slightly nervous because it's been a while but it should be easy enough. Her bio reads "sushi and beer are the way to my heart and my pants".

Guess what's for dinner tonight?
Appreciate 4
Tommy-G4478.50
Sedan_Clan24973.00
vreihen1615137.50
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #12269
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I have a first date tonight, first since June 2020. Slightly nervous because it's been a while but it should be easy enough. Her bio reads "sushi and beer are the way to my heart and my pants".

Guess what's for dinner tonight?
Clam.
Appreciate 6
Tommy-G4478.50
antgenn319.00
King Rudi13154.00
ramman434712.00
      12-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #12270
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Clam dip.
FTFY
      12-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #12271
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Anyone else that’s not single envious of dating but then the minute they remember back to dating they think fuck that I’m glad I never have to worry about “trying” to get some on the weekend bc I already know I am not going to get some bc I’m married?

Serious but not serious
Appreciate 7
vreihen1615137.50
Buug95917177.00
Dang3r12508.50
King Rudi13154.00
UncleWede17962.50
      12-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #12272
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Anyone else that’s not single envious of dating but then the minute they remember back to dating they think fuck that I’m glad I never have to worry about “trying” to get some on the weekend bc I already know I am not going to get some bc I’m married?

Serious but not serious
I plead the 5th
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4478.50
      12-10-2021, 06:55 PM   #12273
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:

Serious but not serious
"Dating" nowadays has pros and cons. Pros, you don't have to leave the house to get something going. Can cast a wider net compared to the "old days" of going out on weekends. Cons, people have their expectations set higher than what's reasonable. For some texting is a tool (scheduling things or quick touching base), so general small talk via text/app doesn't click well.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4478.50
King Rudi13154.00
      12-10-2021, 07:28 PM   #12274
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Anyone else that's not single envious of dating but then the minute they remember back to dating they think fuck that I'm glad I never have to worry about "trying" to get some on the weekend bc I already know I am not going to get some bc I'm married?

Serious but not serious

I can't comment on the statement about marriage, but I can tell you this…..

…now that I'm out of the dating game, I have no desire whatsoever to venture back into the fray. The mere thought of being single and having to mingle again stresses me out (…not really, but you get the gist). I may not be having as much sex in my relationship as I did when I was constantly on the hunt, but I prefer stability and consistency over volatility.

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else that's not single envious of dating but then the minute they remember back to dating they think fuck that I'm glad I never have to worry about "trying" to get some on the weekend bc I already know I am not going to get some bc I'm married?

Serious but not serious
I plead the 5th

Tell us! Tell us!
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4478.50
      12-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #12275
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:

Serious but not serious
I plead the 5th
Lol. No better feeling than a fresh hand. Just saying🤣
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 09:10 PM   #12276
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

damn haha
Appreciate 0