BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-08-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 BMW M6 Comp Package

My bmw M6 journey

Hello everyone! I'm starting this thread to document my journey with my 2015 M6. I've had the car for about 3 weeks now and have a few things done so far. I don't plan on doing a crazy build, but I'll definitely make it my own! Some background on my car, it's a 2015 BMW M6 Coupe with the Competition package and a 6-speed manual transmission.

Mods from previous owner include H&R lowering springs and a muffler delete.

I do love how the car sits, but I plan on swapping back to the factory springs very soon. I also plan on upgrading to the Akrapovic system in the future, but that's going to be a little ways off.

I'll make sure to add information as I go! Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 10:21 PM   #2
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

[IMG][/IMG]

First things first was a full car protective film and ceramic coating. Just got it back today and man the pictures don't do it justice!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Flying Ace4982.50
SisuM61.50
      10-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
FinalRenegade
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M6 GranCoupe | Last Model Year

debating on PPF, i don't have it nor ceramic coating... HMM, is full vehicle overkill? I might just get full front

Gorgeous car! Keep it clean
Appreciate 1
SisuM61.50
      10-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRenegade View Post
debating on PPF, i don't have it nor ceramic coating... HMM, is full vehicle overkill? I might just get full front

Gorgeous car! Keep it clean
The peace of mind was worth it for sure! Full car can be overkill, but I wanted to wrap the whole thing to protect the CF roof and the rockers. Highly recommend doing the rear rockers as well! Those rear wheels kick up a lot of rocks!
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #5
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshaya View Post
I do love how the car sits, but I plan on swapping back to the factory springs very soon.
Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it!

I have a set of factory springs sitting around that I'm happy to sell you for cheap. Let me know!

EDIT: Springs likely aren't the same for the coupe at the back, would be worth double checking compatibility. I'm sure fronts are a direct swap.
      10-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Quote:
I do love how the car sits, but I plan on swapping back to the factory springs very soon.
Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it!

I have a set of factory springs sitting around that I'm happy to sell you for cheap. Let me know!

EDIT: Springs likely aren't the same for the coupe at the back, would be worth double checking compatibility. I'm sure fronts are a direct swap.
Thank you for the offer! I actually already ordered the springs today! The manual transmission has different springs (I think they are the same as the front comp pack M5) and the rears are specific for the M6 coupe!
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 03:01 PM   #7
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

So it turns out that bmw no longer manufactures the OEM springs. Now it's time to look at the adjustable springs! I've seen KW and H&R both make an adjustable spring setup. Anyone try either of these??? I've seen one other member on the KW and they said it was nicer than factory, but not really worth the install just to lower. Since I'm trying to get it closer to factory, that won't be an issue!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #8
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

KW HAS kit has been installed. It's just a touch lower than factory but much better than it was before!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      11-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #9
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

That ride height looks perfect I have to say, great choice.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      11-06-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
That ride height looks perfect I have to say, great choice.
Thank you very much! It's got the right look for me, but more over it's better suited for the roads here in Washington!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Thank you very much! It's got the right look for me, but more over it's better suited for the roads here in Washington!
First off, looking great!

I'm looking at going with the KW H.A.S. system come springtime for my M6 GC -- what adjustment level do you have yours set at? The range of adjustability (0.2" to 1.0" lower than factory front and rear) coupled with the 'better than factory' ride quality reviews cemented this as my go-to solution. I also really like these because they will allow me to dial in the front to rear ride heights independently as it seems stock springs present a slightly bigger wheel gap in the front than the rear, so these will allow me to eliminate that while giving the car a bit more of an aggressive rake.

I ask because you mention they are just slightly lower than factory, do you have them in the highest setting currently (0.2" lower than factory)? Just trying to get a visual idea for myself when I get these on in the spring. Additionally, what are your thoughts on ride quality versus stock?
      11-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Quote:
First off, looking great!

I'm looking at going with the KW H.A.S. system come springtime for my M6 GC -- what adjustment level do you have yours set at? The range of adjustability (0.2" to 1.0" lower than factory front and rear) coupled with the 'better than factory' ride quality reviews cemented this as my go-to solution. I also really like these because they will allow me to dial in the front to rear ride heights independently as it seems stock springs present a slightly bigger wheel gap in the front than the rear, so these will allow me to eliminate that while giving the car a bit more of an aggressive rake.

I ask because you mention they are just slightly lower than factory, do you have them in the highest setting currently (0.2" lower than factory)? Just trying to get a visual idea for myself when I get these on in the spring. Additionally, what are your thoughts on ride quality versus stock?
Thanks! I will say about the ride quality, it seams a little better, but honestly that alone is not enough to make me want to get these. If you're going for independent height adjustability then I would say go for these! I actually talked to another forum member here about the same thing. He convinced me to go towards the HAS kit and it was great advice!

Also I am at the .2 drop at the moment. They will settle a bit as I drive more so it will be a bit lower in the coming weeks. One thing to keep in mind though is that depending on the factory suspension your car has, it will look a littler higher than mine would at the same setting. Mine was a comp pack so it will sot lower at .2 drop then a non-comp pack. Also not sure if the non comp pack coupe would be different than the non comp pack GC. Hope this helps a bit!
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2020, 12:47 AM   #13
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

After chatting with a few people on the form, I ended up picking an oil for the car! Oil sat in the garage for a month while I freed up some time but it's finally done. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now I just need to pick up a good manual transmission and diff fluid to finish it up!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0