BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 BMW M6 Comp Package

Hello from Seattle!

Intro: I've been posting on the forum here and there but I've been waiting to post my intro thread until i got the car here. I purchased my F13 M6 a couple weeks back and it arrived here last week on Sunday. I spent about a year of straight (and even longer if you count the time i spent looking for this and other cars at the same time) looking for this spec. I gave up looking for it after not finding one and moved onto a few other projects instead. Fast forward a few years and i found myself looking into an E92 M3 comp pack, as I've always loved them. One day when i finished looking at the ones that were for sale, i started looking at the M6 again (not expecting it find anything) and came across the one i bought. I called the dealership first thing in the morning and sent the deposit and cashiers checks right away!

The M6 had all the options that i wanted (minus the full leather, but it wasn't a dealbreaker with the black interior) so it was an easy decision for me to make. The big thing was that it had the comp pack and it was a manual transmission.

Car/Bike History: I've had a bit of a scattered vehicle history. I'll skip the first couple cars to save the boredom.
2014 Ford F-150 Raptor 4 door (sold)
2003 Honda CBR600RR (sold)
2013 Audi S7 Prestige (sold)
2015 Nissan GTR (sold)
2008 Ducati 1098S (Sold)
2015 Subaru STI (Sold, major build)
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 F13 M6 Comp pack, manual trans.

M6 Plans: I don't have any major plans for the M6. I'm dropping off the car to get a full car clear bra installed next week and wont really drive it till that's done. It will take them about a week to complete it but that shouldn't be an issue. I'll likely get a ceramic coating in the very very near future as well. After that I'll work on the drive-ability of it.

The car currently has some modifications that I'm trying to figure out. It has a muffler delete that i know of, and it is lowered. My plan is to bring the car back up to factory height ASAP, as i do jump on ferries on occasion and Seattle roads aren't amazing to begin with. I also want to look into a better exhaust option. I'm leaning towards the Akrapovic and a catted downpipe but that will be ways down the road.

Closing: I'm more than definitely going to be bugging people for advice as the days go on! Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appricated! Once i have the clear bra installed and pick it up, I'll be taking some more pictures! Until then, the dealer pictures will have to do.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      09-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Congrats
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Nice! 6MT is where it's at
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #4
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Nice! 6MT is where it's at
100% agree with you there! Well worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #5
jimmy_F82
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F13 6MT

congratulations! very clean, we're one in a few that own manuals in the F12/F13 platforms it also took me a year and half to find the right one!
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_F82 View Post
congratulations! very clean, we're one in a few that own manuals in the F12/F13 platforms it also took me a year and half to find the right one!
That's awesome! I'm glad other manual transmissions are on here! I was worried that I wouldn't have anyone to go to with questions around the manual should they come up!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #7
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Very clean and saw someone posted that on here...congrats!
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #8
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdoub View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshaya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_F82 View Post
That's awesome! I'm glad other manual transmissions are on here! I was worried that I wouldn't have anyone to go to with questions around the manual should they come up!
You don't need to worry, add me to one of those who owns a manual. It could be intoxicating to drive Applause to your choice.
Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have some questions around the car in the near future! On thing I do when I buy a used car is change all the different oils. I'm leaning towards liquimolly 5-40 (the green mollygen I believe) for that, but I haven't decided what to use in the transmission as of yet! I'll be doing some searching here to make that decision!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 11:06 PM   #9
ep3
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i and 14 M6

Welcome. Story is similar to mine. Kept holding out looking for a 6MT and gave up and then out of nowhere it fell into my lap.
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #10
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep3 View Post
Welcome. Story is similar to mine. Kept holding out looking for a 6MT and gave up and then out of nowhere it fell into my lap.
Glad to hear there are others that had similar stories. I'm super happy that I waited!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #11
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Congrats on the finding the unicorn!

I have had a a couple of honda VFR's and CBR's and my last bike was an 848SE the CBR's and 848 I used for track and street riding. I was out in my car yesterday and saw a really nice 748 ride up next to me, I miss them curvy Italian twins.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Congrats on the finding the unicorn!

I have had a a couple of honda VFR's and CBR's and my last bike was an 848SE the CBR's and 848 I used for track and street riding. I was out in my car yesterday and saw a really nice 748 ride up next to me, I miss them curvy Italian twins.
Glad there's other riders here too! The Honda was a fantastic bike to start on for me. I rode almost 20k miles on it (sold it with 33k) and it never gave me a problem! The Ducati was a different story, but nothing major went wrong though, but man I don't know if I can go back to a non-Italian again! Given the new bmw S1000RR looks temping
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have some questions around the car in the near future! On thing I do when I buy a used car is change all the different oils. I'm leaning towards liquimolly 5-40 (the green mollygen I believe) for that, but I haven't decided what to use in the transmission as of yet! I'll be doing some searching here to make that decision!
Congrats on the car Im sure you will have fun,I just did my 4th oil change with Predators blood so far so good, sending in an Blackstone oil analysis to see how she is doing
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-20-2020, 08:44 PM   #14
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

Congrats! That M6 looks great, very clean.
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      09-20-2020, 09:23 PM   #15
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
Congrats on the car Im sure you will have fun,I just did my 4th oil change with Predators blood so far so good, sending in an Blackstone oil analysis to see how she is doing
Awesome! You'll have to update me how it goes! I missed the ECS labor sale by no joke 25 minutes! I had my cart ready to go and was checking out, but my dog wanted to go out so that and a shower afterwards made me miss it! All the prices had adjusted and my total went up by almost a hundred bucks (given I was buying a scan tool and some other specialty tools too). I figured Black Friday was around the corner so I would hold off since the cars not being driven much anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 09:25 PM   #16
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
Congrats! That M6 looks great, very clean.
Thank you! I can say I'm super happy with it! It does need an interior detail badly though!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #17
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

Quote:
Thank you! I can say I'm super happy with it! It does need an interior detail badly though!
Wish you could leave it with me for a weekend, would love to work on that beauty! Would make the exterior + interior look better than new
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 11:18 AM   #18
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
Quote:
Wish you could leave it with me for a weekend, would love to work on that beauty! Would make the exterior + interior look better than new
Yeah it could use it for sure! I used to do a lot of details so it's more about me getting the time! Hopefully I can by the time I drop it off at the end of
The week, but if I can't then it will be after my clear bra is installed!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 11:46 AM   #19
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Welcome!
Beautiful M6, very clean indeed.

This thread might interest you:
https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...%28not+mine%29

- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #20
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Welcome!
Beautiful M6, very clean indeed.

This thread might interest you:
https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...%28not+mine%29

- Leo.
Haha that's actually one of the threads I was active on!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #21
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Congrats again my friend and welcome to the 3pedal F13 family!
1969 Lincoln Continental Sedan
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #22
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post
Congrats again my friend and welcome to the 3pedal F13 family!
Thank you very much! Just a quick update, i pulled a classic me and told my clear bra guy to go ahead and do the ceramic coating! Might as well do it all at the same time haha. I'll be dropping her off for a little over a week on Friday (they will start the work on Monday) and I'll likely get it the following Tuesday depending on how everything goes!
Appreciate 0