BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #903
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Place looks great man! Was showing the girlfriend on your instagram account. We both admire your taste.
That's very kind of you to say! Much appreciated, Rudi.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Run Silent15127.00
      08-17-2020, 05:04 PM   #904
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
^^^Looking really good! (*except for that one spot that needs to be caulked/leveled/painted, at the top of the brick wall in the 4th photo)

-Mark in St. Louis
Thanks!

That's just a shadow, I promise.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #905
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
Having a new furnace and A/C unit installed today. The original set was 20 years old and still working. I wanted to be ahead of it dying at the wrong time. The new A/C unit is HUGE.
Nice but are the feet of the condenser hanging off the edge of the preform slab? I would make them fix that.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #906
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Aaaaaahhh I failed. Must correct asap. Didn't know, how difficult it is to build a stair.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #907
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Super specific question, but anyone a cabinet expert?

A home we purchased a few months back that was built in 2016 looks to have Blum cabinet hardware in our kitchen based on the markings I have found and internet searching. Unfortunately, a sliding drawer front has broken off and has failed at the drawer front fixing brackets for both left and right sides. I have searched high and low looking for replacements, but I cannot find one that matches the shape of what has broken. The failed items are screw in and appear to be cast aluminum and zinc coated. I reached out to Blum and they say it is not their product, but I’m searching the markings below, Blum is the only manufacturer that even comes close (can’t find exact).

The markings I have found on...
left drawer profile: "B01-450-01L" and "B-450-04L"
right drawer profile: "B01-450-01R" and "B-450-04R"
left cabinet profile "M-450-03L-U"
right cabinet profile "M-450-03R-U"

I tried JB Weld, but that ended up failing, too. Any ideas? Please feel free to make fun of the “junk drawer.” I’ve been giving my wife crap that it’s out of control, and she ended up breaking the drawer front off!

If I can't find replacement parts, where's the best place to learn on how to get a whole new cabinet system to get this one back up and running?
Attached Images

Last edited by spazzyfry123; 08-27-2020 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #908
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post

A home we purchased a few months back that was built in 2016 looks to have Blum cabinet hardware in our kitchen based on the markings I have found and internet searching. Unfortunately, a sliding drawer front has broken off and has failed at the drawer front fixing brackets for both left and right sides. I have searched high and low looking for replacements, but I cannot find one that matches the shape of what has broken. The failed items are screw in and appear to be cast aluminum and zinc coated. I reached out to Blum and they say it is not their product, but I’m searching the markings below, Blum is the only manufacturer that even comes close (can’t find exact).

I tried JB Weld, but that ended up failing, too. Any ideas? Please feel free to make fun of the “junk drawer.” I’ve been giving my wife crap that it’s out of control, and she ended up breaking the drawer front off!

If I can't find replacement parts, where's the best place to learn on how to get a whole new cabinet system to get this one back up and running?
Someone with a TIG welder should be able to fix that for you no problem
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #909
buldogge
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '00 MCoupe, '11 E90 M3

Are they Ikea cabinets, by chance?

-Mark in St. Louis
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #910
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Don't have any pictures from inside the house, it is truly nothing special. But the previous owner built a detached 4 bay garage that's 24x44. No power, so it's essentially just a giant basic shed. I like to browse GarageJournal, and mine is nothing compared to some of those buildings. But I started painting the walls a few months ago, but have not done any progress at all:

So many of the garages posted to GarageJournal are drool worthy. That said, so is your 4 bay garage! I would love to have 4 bays versus my 2.
W///7434.00
      08-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #911
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

So, I finished my stairs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-28-2020, 01:31 PM   #912
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachbar View Post
I am not trying to be mean here, but I do have to ask - did you design that to be some sort of sobriety test for guests coming down the stairs?

I mean, not only do they need to follow the curvature, but just as they're getting used to the two panel depth of each stair and are probably feeling quite confident in themselves, I see you made the last step to be a 4 panel depth, which brings me back to the sobriety test theory...
Appreciate 2
David701567.00
cmyx6go15560.00
      08-28-2020, 01:38 PM   #913
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
I am not trying to be mean here, but I do have to ask - did you design that to be some sort of sobriety test for guests coming down the stairs?

I mean, not only do they need to follow the curvature, but just as they're getting used to the two panel depth of each stair and are probably feeling quite confident in themselves, I see you made the last step to be a 4 panel depth, which brings me back to the sobriety test theory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:

No, not for guests. Just for me. But the ladt one couldn't be made the same hight. Or If I did, then the new ladt one would've been a half one. So, not better at all. Btw. The curve is really essy to walk and it looks cool, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #914
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Maybe a railing to finish it off. Looks good though.
vreihen1614882.00
David701567.00
      08-28-2020, 02:11 PM   #915
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:

As someone pointed out it looks like Ikea, but I put in enough Ikea cabinets to know that is not the Ikea design. Most all the metal cabinets drawer sides like those come out of Europe, US manufacturers tend to like the old style wooden drawer sides, whether cheap composite or sold wood.

If Blum is saying it is not theirs someone knock it off most likely the Chinese, since this new construction the builder may have used a local cabinet place, they might have an idea what those are.

This gets close https://www.wayfair.com/home-improve...-erta1279.html

I have euro cabinets in our basement office and they have that one which has the screw in the side which allows you to set the drawer front level and has the same mount as yours, Berta may be the manufacturer.

of you can replace the entire things from homedepot

https://www.homedepot.com/p/18-in-Wh...-314041380-_-N

I knew with a little bit of internet detective work I would find it, but these do not seem to be sold in the US only the UK/Euro.
https://www.fiteo.co.uk/shop/index.p...product_id=138

however this looks to be the actual manufacturer, a polish company.
https://www.gtv.com.pl/en/products/f...w-drawer-set-a

Last edited by Maestro; 08-28-2020 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2020, 03:45 PM   #916
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
You should put up a handrail/rope/cable or something so that one slip on top doesn't end up with rolling down the stairs to the bottom.
RickFLM410873.00
      08-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #917
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:
You should put up a handrail/rope/cable or something so that one slip on top doesn't end up with rolling down the stairs to the bottom.
Agree if it was for guests. But its just for me. So no need for it. and it looks more dangerous, than it is. Total high is only 2m. The last 10 years l, I was walking up and down the big rocks on the side of the driveway. That actually was dangerous.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-29-2020, 06:19 AM   #918
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Good thinking!

Quote:

-Mark in St. Louis
Thanks for the thought, but I do not think so. We do have some Ikea items in the house that' I've put together (random end tables and such), but the cabinets do not have that same "feel."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
As someone pointed out it looks like Ikea, but I put in enough Ikea cabinets to know that is not the Ikea design. Most all the metal cabinets drawer sides like those come out of Europe, US manufacturers tend to like the old style wooden drawer sides, whether cheap composite or sold wood.

If Blum is saying it is not theirs someone knock it off most likely the Chinese, since this new construction the builder may have used a local cabinet place, they might have an idea what those are.

I have euro cabinets in our basement office and they have that one which has the screw in the side which allows you to set the drawer front level and has the same mount as yours, Berta may be the manufacturer.

I knew with a little bit of internet detective work I would find it, but these do not seem to be sold in the US only the UK/Euro.

Yowza! That's it!!

The internet can be a great place after all. No idea how you figured that one out - I spent hours and hours looking all over and convincing myself it was at outdated Blum product. Now if I can figure out how to order it....
Appreciate 2
      08-31-2020, 09:55 PM   #919
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Good thinking!

Quote:

-Mark in St. Louis
Thanks for the thought, but I do not think so. We do have some Ikea items in the house that' I've put together (random end tables and such), but the cabinets do not have that same "feel."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post

Yowza! That's it!!

The internet can be a great place after all. No idea how you figured that one out - I spent hours and hours looking all over and convincing myself it was at outdated Blum product. Now if I can figure out how to order it....
Glad I could help, I did search on euro metal box drawer slides and looked at all Google pictures and saw your contractor.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 12:09 AM   #920
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick303 View Post
The wife and I just picked up a huge house project. We signed on a new house from a custom builder on Friday. The house is about half-finished so it cut down on wait time to completion, but we'll still get to pick all the finishes. We're hoping for a December completion date.

Current state:
[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50222078186_f2f241f80d_c.jpg[/IMG

Proposed renderings:

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50222299112_7124f6ac81_c.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50222298617_234f230a37_c.jpg[/IMG
I like it. What do they call that style of house?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 07:27 AM   #921
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
I like it. What do they call that style of house?
I would say Modern Prairie, personally.

The contemporary interpretation of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie/Usonian style.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mode...NIlfIDJMYCA4xM
Appreciate 1
9M711232.50
      09-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #922
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_E84 View Post
I would say Modern Prairie, personally.

The contemporary interpretation of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie/Usonian style.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mode...NIlfIDJMYCA4xM
Yeah I'd say somewhere between Modern Prairie and Mid-Century Modern.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #923
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_E84 View Post
Renos are finally done! They just hung the range hood last Monday.

Before/after below - "before" pics are from the MLS listing when we bought the house a little over a year ago.
Love that you removed the crown molding and the changes suit the style of home much better. Great work.

Why have I only found this thread now! Subscribed and gathering pictures from my own recent reno...
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #924
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Love that you removed the crown molding and the changes suit the style of home much better. Great work.

Why have I only found this thread now! Subscribed and gathering pictures from my own recent reno...
Thanks!

Yeah, the previous owners put crown in. Every. Single. Room. Hallways, bathrooms, everywhere.
Appreciate 0