BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #23
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
The Sopranos.

/thread.
Everything about the show is Epic. The characters progression throughout the series is phenomenal, it is based on a true story, the storyline is insane. Always action, blood, tits and swears, but they all have their place. (no joke).

I have over 25 full series on my computer, its the only one with HIMYM that I would watch again and again.

It needs to be watched, trust me.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Californication
Dark Blue
Entourage
Nip/Tuck
Justified
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
A sentence or two about these shows would be great...
lol thread backfire.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #26
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Finished Spartacus myself as well. I can't say enough about it. Graphic violence, great story, deception, nudity, seks...what more could you ask for? The bonus was that as a kid, I had a crush on Xena Warrior Princess, so this fulfilled some curiousity (course she's older now tho).

Weeds - suburban mom who deals pot, and gets into all sorts of predicaments. You gotta give it until about the end of the first season before it gets good. After that, it's just hilarious.

The Tudors - only about a few episodes into the first season, but it's pretty good. Historic drama with king Henry and so forth. More drama based.

Californication - a few episodes into this, and seems decent. A writer who's struggling to write. He has a daughter with an ex-GF, who he still loves. he drinks and sticks his p3nis into anything that gives him the time of day. The dialogue in this is pretty funny.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Always Sunny in Philadelphia is funny- all i can say is that its friends that work in a bar and do funny shit
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #28
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'll have to watch Spartacus.

One I really liked was the remake of Battlestar Galactica. Great series.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #29
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
lol thread backfire.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #30
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Spartacus is rubbish. Rome is far far far better. Spartacus'violence and special effects are just campy. If you enjoyed Spartacus, give Rome a shot and you will see what I mean.

Weeds is pretty good but as the series goes along, the situations just seem more and more implausible. However, it is still pretty funny.

Mad Men is good. Sopranos as well. Scrubs has its moments as well. Entourage is hilarious.

But the I believe the best shows ever are:

Planet Earth - Just Wow. Watch it on a large screen in HDMI to blow your fragile little mind.

South Park - funny as hell and great social commentary as well.

The Wire - Hands down the best show ever. It takes about 3 episodes to get into it but this is one of the most well written, heart breaking, gut wrenching shows ever. Just plain BRILLIANT.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #31
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
^Rome was definitely bad ass. If you like Spartacus, you'll love Rome. I havent gotten a chance to see Spartacus cuz I dont get starz, but I'll download it.

My favorites right now:

Dexter...by far my favorite show

Expedition Great White- National Geographic, they catch and release Great White Sharks for research. Pretty sweet.

Chasing Mummies- History Channel- Dr Zahi Hawass (who probably has the best job EVAR) tracks down mummies to answer geological questions like who built the pyramids, the location of Cleopatra's tomb, etc...

Boston Med- ABC- Follows drs at three of Boston's Hospitals. Focuses a lot on the ER and Transplant teams. Its an awesome show, its a reality/documentary show, not fake like that Greys Anatomy crap.

Persons Unknown- NBC- People were placed in a deserted island and being monitored via hidden cameras, but the people dont know why they are there. Consipracy theories, murders, etc, whats not to like. Its pretty cool.

Big Bang Theory- One word: hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #32
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
Spartacus is rubbish. Rome is far far far better. Spartacus'violence and special effects are just campy. If you enjoyed Spartacus, give Rome a shot and you will see what I mean.

But the I believe the best shows ever are:

Planet Earth - Just Wow. Watch it on a large screen in HDMI to blow your fragile little mind.

South Park - funny as hell and great social commentary as well.

The Wire - Hands down the best show ever. It takes about 3 episodes to get into it but this is one of the most well written, heart breaking, gut wrenching shows ever. Just plain BRILLIANT.
Just downloaded Season 1 of Rome at 720p...Freaking 32gb! Looking forward to it.

I already watched all of Planet Earth, love those shows. There is also another similar show done by the same people...I'll have to look the name up.

Going to check out The Wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
^Rome was definitely bad ass. If you like Spartacus, you'll love Rome. I havent gotten a chance to see Spartacus cuz I dont get starz, but I'll download it.

My favorites right now:

Dexter...by far my favorite show

Chasing Mummies- History Channel- Dr Zahi Hawass (who probably has the best job EVAR) tracks down mummies to answer geological questions like who built the pyramids, the location of Cleopatra's tomb, etc...

Persons Unknown- NBC- People were placed in a deserted island and being monitored via hidden cameras, but the people dont know why they are there. Consipracy theories, murders, etc, whats not to like. Its pretty cool.

Big Bang Theory- One word: hilarious.
I started watching the first episode of Dexter found it boring as hell, only watched like 10 minutes or so, so I didn't really give it a chance + wasn't in a mood to watch that.

Chasing Mummies sounds right up my alley, downloading that ASAP.

Persons Unknown - so these people have no idea why they are there? Whaaaat? Hard to believe.

BBT is my favorite.

Currently watching season 1 of The Office.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #33
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Just downloaded Season 1 of Rome at 720p...Freaking 32gb! Looking forward to it.

I already watched all of Planet Earth, love those shows. There is also another similar show done by the same people...I'll have to look the name up.

Going to check out The Wire.

I started watching the first episode of Dexter found it boring as hell, only watched like 10 minutes or so, so I didn't really give it a chance + wasn't in a mood to watch that.

Chasing Mummies sounds right up my alley, downloading that ASAP.

Persons Unknown - so these people have no idea why they are there? Whaaaat? Hard to believe.

BBT is my favorite.

Currently watching season 1 of The Office.
The first episode is kinda slow, but trust me when I say it picks up. Give it another chance, you wont regret it.

Chasing mummies has only had 3 episodes so far this season, so it just started.

Persons Unknown isnt a reality show, lol i guess i should have said that at first. Its an action/drama show. Not real.......or is it???
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #34
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

The Wire is it. It's just too bad that it's over. Oh well, it kind of felt like they were stretching towards season 5 anyway. Might as well get all 5 seasons at once, because you'll be hooked after season 1.

Mad Men is my favorite current drama (although I only watch after a complete season is available) - the writing and stories are great. "Breaking Bad" is also supposed to be up there in terms of quality but I haven't gotten to that one yet.

30 Rock is the best network comedy right now if for no other reason than Tracy Morgan.

No Reservations if you like cooking/food (before this season anyway).

Top Gear for special interest...

And South Park...although I've never been a regular viewer, you can't argue with that kind of consistent hilarity. They've been funny for years.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #35
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I like to watch Top Chef, but don't really keep up with it anymore. Another show I think is kind of stupid but entertaining at the same time is Deadliest Warrior. Also started watching Gordon Ramsey's Master Chef; I usually love watching Gordon rip into people so I hope this show is good.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #36
Jew
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Pokemon... first few seasons are epic...

Johto League had me on my toes the whole time
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #37
Ignignokt
No one can defeat the quad laser.
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetrator View Post
The Tudors - only about a few episodes into the first season, but it's pretty good. Historic drama with king Henry and so forth. More drama based.
It's an incredible series, but the last season seemed half-hearted. It's like the writers said, "Hey let's just condense the rest of his life into one more season, but without any sort of climactic ending." They could have done better IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #38
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Like:

Lost
30 Rock
Entourage (has been getting worse)
Dexter (AMAZING)
The Wire (amazing, amazing writing)
Boondocks (cartoon but I don't care)

I don't like anymore:

Big Bang Theory (first season was smart now it seems like they go for cheap laughs)
How I Met your Mother (same as above, it's dragged on too long I think)
Smalllville (I was like WTF this is still on???)
      07-31-2010, 12:09 AM   #39
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Spartacus is really low-budget compared to Rome. It's actually laughable. It was good however to see Xena topless.

The only shows I watched regularly are:

Bones
NCIS
L&O:SVU

Sadly, 24 is now gone. I like the dysfunctional family look that they give to the characters in the Bones and NCIS series. And when a show has Ilya Kouriakin in it it can only be most excellent.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 12:36 AM   #40
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Weeds is pretty good, we are rewatching it, I prefer the later funnier episodes to the earlier more real episodes myself.

The Inbetweeners on BBC is pretty good, like a low budget American Pie, its funny.

Modern Family is the only new show worth watching.

I watch all the half assed car content on HD Theater.

I have also been watching Dual Survival, Man, Woman, Wild, neither of these shows are as good as Survivor Man, but any port in a storm....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #41
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

I started watching The Office, am in the middle of the 3rd season now.

Show is complete lulz...where was this show hiding all of my life?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #42
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

I've recently rediscovered Dragonball Z and it has possessed my life again. I started watching from episode 1 and am already at the Cell Games and Gohan is about to go SSJ2
      08-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #43
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Vampire Diaries
Appreciate 0