BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-21-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
m6_paloalto_2017
Rep
Drives: M62017

M6-GrandCoupe-2017-Perfomance: Sell?

Dear Forum:
I purchased a perfect black M6 in 2020 about 8 weeks after the lockdown was announced. It is fully loaded and includes the performance package. The car now has 66K on it and I also purchased, at the time, a 3 year Fidelity warranty. (I believe the Platinum level or something like that.)

Looks like I can sell the car for the same price I purchased it and was trying to get the help of owners of this car. If I want to sell the car in a year or 2 will it be difficult? What are the cost of ownership issues I will run into.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 07:10 AM   #2
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535

I have a 640 GC. My biggest fear with the m6 was engine issues and the fact it's only rear wheel drive so it wasn't my go to as a daily driver. My opinion is to sell trade it in for another car or sell it to the dealer. If it's a private sale then the new buyer would need to purchase extended warranty. I have heard norror stories on that s63 engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 01:30 AM   #3
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
The stories about the S63 engines are not that bad if you look at the whole population. Common sense care prevents a lot of the horror stories. Things as simple as giving the engine a minute or so after you start up before driving off, not jumping on the loud peddle until the oil is up to temperature and regularly servicing the engine and you should not have any major problems as a rule. Starting with the S63T engines (ca mid 2013) there have been continuous improvements to the engine. Having said all of that, M engine parts carry an M tax. Find one that is stock and has a complete service record.
Appreciate 0