BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-07-2023, 10:55 PM   #1
Loumou233
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC

2019 M6GC Dashboard Power Loss, Differential lock, front adaptive light, Break system

I bought a 27,000Mile BMW M6GC in the autumn of 2021. One morning in the winter of 2022, the HUD failed on my way out and then recovered the next day. Then there was a yellow alarm for the rear differential lock when reversing, but the driving was not affected in any way. In the winter of 2023, the dashboard power loss appeared for the first time and my car braked at a red light intersection of traffic lights. Before the prompt appeared, the adaptive headlights failed and the engine was turned off, but the dashboard did not turn black, and the lights in the car turned on by themselves. In the past few months, when I was driving, there was a 5% probability that I would encounter dashboard powerloss and rear differential lock alarms when changing gears with automatic transmissions. I searched the web and found a post that had the same problem with M Power as I did. Link:

I'm wondering if anyone has the same problem as me and if there is a proper solution in the end?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 05:23 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Maybe the DME connectors are not seated properly. Did the car have any service work performed around the time this began?
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 05:37 PM   #3
Loumou233
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Maybe the DME connectors are not seated properly. Did the car have any service work performed around the time this began?
No
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 08:19 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Do you have BimmerLink or do you feel comforbatable taking the battery out? These cars are a tad finicky when it comes to electricity and electronics.

If the battery is old or has been discharged it can have some weird and spurious effects on the car.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
DRKNTM615.50
      06-09-2023, 04:50 AM   #5
Loumou233
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Do you have BimmerLink or do you feel comforbatable taking the battery out? These cars are a tad finicky when it comes to electricity and electronics.

If the battery is old or has been discharged it can have some weird and spurious effects on the car.
Thanks for the advice I'll check my battery tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 06:52 PM   #6
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
Are you sure it was not a (partial) flood car? Electrical "gremlins like that are typical of bad battery and or poor plug connections. TinCan Sailer's suggestions fully supported.
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2023, 08:03 PM   #7
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arucano View Post
Are you sure it was not a (partial) flood car? Electrical "gremlins like that are typical of bad battery and or poor plug connections. TinCan Sailer's suggestions fully supported.
Yeah I didn't even think about water intrusion. While checking the battery check the trunk area around the battery and rear fuse box for water.
Appreciate 0