BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-08-2023, 11:11 PM   #1
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
TPMS wont reset

I have a 2018 M6 GC and I went to check my tire pressure the other day and I had zero readings, just blank lines. So I decided to reset it. Did the reset and drove around for a while nothing came up, (not sure if there is a progress line on the F06 like there is on the F15 and G07). It just keeps saying resetting.

Thought thats odd, but maybe the PO took off the TPMS sensors in the tires for some reason.

I kind of let it go knowing I would be putting on the new winter tires and rims with new TMPS sensors this week.

Well I did that, all new sensors, did the reset, drove around for quite some time, back roads, highway ETC and nothing, just says resetting tire pressure but I get no status bar and the pressure never comes up.

Could this be an RDC issue or am I missing something else?
      12-09-2023, 05:48 AM   #2
scubachris
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw f13 640d

hi,
i had a similar problem,,but it was my fault not reading the instructions propperly..you have to click on "reset" while the car is stationary,then drive a mile or so.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 08:31 AM   #3
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep

Garage List
I did click while stopped. Does the DCT need to be in a certain gear? I was stopped in neutral with E brake on.
      12-09-2023, 04:39 PM   #4
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

TPMS is super easy to reset. I'm sure you are doing it correctly given you are not a novice to BMW.

I would ask the dealer you purchased it from, CMC. Surely they saw that it was not displaying in the many months they had the car. They will probably say the car is sold as-is, which is fine, but they need to disclose issues. If they claim there are no issues, then it is false advertising and misrepresentation. Hopefully they are cool about it and figure it out/fix it. That would be the right thing to do.
Appreciate 1
Staszek786.00
      12-09-2023, 04:44 PM   #5
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I would ask the dealer you purchased it from, CMC. Surely they saw that it was not displaying in the many months they had the car.
I will check but I doubt they looked. It’s not like it was throwing any errors or low pressure lights.
      12-09-2023, 09:25 PM   #6
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I will check but I doubt they looked. It’s not like it was throwing any errors or low pressure lights.
Maybe they did not look. But they are a very high-end dealership and they should not be making any errors. I have sold cars privately many times and the level of detail I go into when I describe the cars is what I expect dealerships to do. So if there's a problem and it wasn't disclosed, especially if it's within the first couple weeks, they should fix it. That said, I can't imagine that this problem is that expensive to fix.
Appreciate 0