BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2022, 09:52 PM   #89
vj123
Brigadier General
vj123's Avatar
United_States
3774
Rep
3,624
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3c - sold
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: The Detroit

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez311 View Post
Can anyone with an order in the bank but no allocation chime in with how their dealer is handling the upcoming price increase? I have an order in, but still waiting on an allocation. I'd like to think they honor pricing on the deal sheet but I suspect each dealership will handle differently. Curious to hear from any others in this situation.
Between my order and build date, there was a minor MSRP update from BMW but my dealer honored the original quote even though the window sticker had the higher dollar amount.
Appreciate 3
ez31165.50
foreskin100.50
      12-05-2022, 08:20 AM   #90
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
229
Rep
778
Posts

Drives: 2023 BMW X1
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
I've been selling BMWs since the MSRP of a new 3-series started at $7775. I don't think BMW raising prices $1200 on a $100,000 car will do anything to tank their sales, but I do think a general discomfort in the economy in general hasóand will continue.

Quite frankly, it is BMW's inability to provide allocations necessary to build in-demand models that baffles me. Next their inability to ship cars and not even knowing what's going on with cars still stuck in Oxnard, CA, that are supposed to be arriving on the East Coast that bothers me more. Then, just having completed my Q4 training and seeing nothing talking about the driving experience in any new model, has me throwing up a bit in my throat. Time to quit this business and just get back to enjoying cars.
What do the dates in the "valid as of" column mean? Most say 1/23, but my X1 U11 says 3/23.

Does that mean the increase only kicks in for X1 production starting 3/23?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 08:08 PM   #91
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
1926
Rep
1,303
Posts

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Between my order and build date, there was a minor MSRP update from BMW but my dealer honored the original quote even though the window sticker had the higher dollar amount.
Most likely they gave you the old price and then applied to BMW for price-protection since the car was on order prior to the announcement of the increase. That's how it is supposed to work. But go ahead and praise your dealer anyway. It happens so seldom on here!
Appreciate 2
vj1233774.00
      12-05-2022, 08:33 PM   #92
Shaneartistry
Lieutenant
485
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protocol_10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Understood.

What about people who already signed a contract at a specific price and put a deposit down but are still waiting for an allocation?
If you get an allocation before 12/31 you're ok. If not, just hope that your dealer is nice & decides to cover the price difference for you. Definitely call your dealer now and work out the details before 12/31 comes
I have an M3 allocation, but was told by the dealer the price will increase since the build date is scheduled for Jan. Where can I find more information on the price with allocation vs price during build week? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 08:39 PM   #93
vj123
Brigadier General
vj123's Avatar
United_States
3774
Rep
3,624
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3c - sold
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: The Detroit

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Most likely they gave you the old price and then applied to BMW for price-protection since the car was on order prior to the announcement of the increase. That's how it is supposed to work. But go ahead and praise your dealer anyway. It happens so seldom on here!
I have bought most of my vehicles out of state and G80 buying experience is one of the best. This is the first time I dealt with my dealer and they didn't play any games when G80 allocation was a hot commodity early this year. I've shared my experience in the below thread.

Share your positive dealer experience https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1941861
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 09:00 PM   #94
P1
Lieutenant General
P1's Avatar
11276
Rep
11,027
Posts

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmd5859 View Post
BMW has done the same in Europe with vehicle pricing while stripping a lot away. I'm sorry as beautiful as they are, no longer worth it. Way to expensive.
You say that, but what would you get instead? Take a look at the X5, for example. Is there anything better that's comparable?
Appreciate 1
ASAP9521.50
      12-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #95
Shaneartistry
Lieutenant
485
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Between my order and build date, there was a minor MSRP update from BMW but my dealer honored the original quote even though the window sticker had the higher dollar amount.
Most likely they gave you the old price and then applied to BMW for price-protection since the car was on order prior to the announcement of the increase. That's how it is supposed to work. But go ahead and praise your dealer anyway. It happens so seldom on here!
I have a production number and allocation for build in Jan. My dealer is saying he'll have to increase the price though since it's being built in Jan. Can you explain how the BMW price protection works?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 05:43 PM   #96
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
MunkyTool's Avatar
United_States
536
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneartistry View Post
I have a production number and allocation for build in Jan. My dealer is saying he'll have to increase the price though since it's being built in Jan. Can you explain how the BMW price protection works?
Dealer doesn't have that option / choice. Price protection is usually only for pre-orders. With the last price increase, the factory offered people who already had an allocation a small discount on the new MSRP price. Haven't seen an announcement for that this time. If your car is built after Jan 1st, you pay the new MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 06:27 PM   #97
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
229
Rep
778
Posts

Drives: 2023 BMW X1
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Dealer doesn't have that option / choice. Price protection is usually only for pre-orders. With the last price increase, the factory offered people who already had an allocation a small discount on the new MSRP price. Haven't seen an announcement for that this time. If your car is built after Jan 1st, you pay the new MSRP.
starts March 1 for X1, i4, 740i/760i
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool536.00
      12-09-2022, 10:48 PM   #98
alpinewhite3
Major
alpinewhite3's Avatar
United_States
544
Rep
1,064
Posts

Drives: Currently searching
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Dealer doesn't have that option / choice. Price protection is usually only for pre-orders. With the last price increase, the factory offered people who already had an allocation a small discount on the new MSRP price. Haven't seen an announcement for that this time. If your car is built after Jan 1st, you pay the new MSRP.

What if you have a production number but are stuck in this stage:

"Production begins"
Today's the day: your BMW has entered the production queue.

What if this stage finishes after January 1?
__________________
2019 G20 330i RWD
2014 F30 328i RWD
2009 E90 328i RWD
2006 E90 330i RWD
2002 E46 330i RWD
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 12:01 AM   #99
Fugly M3
Brigadier General
Fugly M3's Avatar
4445
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: 2023 M3CX
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
What if you have a production number but are stuck in this stage:

"Production begins"
Today's the day: your BMW has entered the production queue.

What if this stage finishes after January 1
Production date is date of completion.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 08:06 AM   #100
iroc86
Enlisted Member
United_States
23
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 230i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Southwest US

iTrader: (0)

Another data point for all of you: I received my allocation for a 230i last week and the production date was set for the week of 12/26/22. MSRP with 2022 prices was confirmed. The dealer inputted my build details, but had to verify one option (1VY staggered wheels) because BMW still listed the option as available but it wasn't showing up in the dealer's system. This took a day or two, and now the production date shifted into mid-January... +$800 MSRP. My CA took it up with the sales manager but they said there was nothing they could do.

I'm grateful that I could even order a car, as the dealer was able to swap allocations and get me the model I wanted, but I'm still annoyed that a $600 wheel option is now effectively costing me $1400. Especially since the G42's Dynamic Handling Package--which would have included said wheels, as well as the bigger brakes and LSD--cost only $500 more than that, but was discontinued a few months ago. (Another oddity: adding those 1VY wheels was the only way I could get the M Sport package, since you can't select it directly anymore. These are strange times.)

I'm trying to tell myself that the price increase is worth it to avoid having a car that was built between two holidays, when the production workers may not be on their A game, but that's just empty consolation...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 11:41 AM   #101
Fugly M3
Brigadier General
Fugly M3's Avatar
4445
Rep
4,864
Posts

Drives: 2023 M3CX
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc86 View Post
Another data point for all of you: I received my allocation for a 230i last week and the production date was set for the week of 12/26/22. MSRP with 2022 prices was confirmed. The dealer inputted my build details, but had to verify one option (1VY staggered wheels) because BMW still listed the option as available but it wasn't showing up in the dealer's system. This took a day or two, and now the production date shifted into mid-January... +$800 MSRP. My CA took it up with the sales manager but they said there was nothing they could do.

I'm grateful that I could even order a car, as the dealer was able to swap allocations and get me the model I wanted, but I'm still annoyed that a $600 wheel option is now effectively costing me $1400. Especially since the G42's Dynamic Handling Package--which would have included said wheels, as well as the bigger brakes and LSD--cost only $500 more than that, but was discontinued a few months ago. (Another oddity: adding those 1VY wheels was the only way I could get the M Sport package, since you can't select it directly anymore. These are strange times.)

I'm trying to tell myself that the price increase is worth it to avoid having a car that was built between two holidays, when the production workers may not be on their A game, but that's just empty consolation...
Sorry to hear that. More sorry to hear about the DHP. Sounds like BMW intro'd the car with it, shipped it to all the mags to get the glowing reviews it got, and then just took it away because they knew nobody would buy it. As someone who specced an ED F22 with the THP, this is sad.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 12:20 PM   #102
iroc86
Enlisted Member
United_States
23
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 230i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Southwest US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly M3 View Post
Sorry to hear that. More sorry to hear about the DHP. Sounds like BMW intro'd the car with it, shipped it to all the mags to get the glowing reviews it got, and then just took it away because they knew nobody would buy it. As someone who specced an ED F22 with the THP, this is sad.
I think you're right. Most examples I've found (either at dealers' websites or on YouTube) of the base 230i do have the ZHP Dynamic Handling Package if they're 2022 models, but not 2023s. BMW has been citing supply chain issues as the reason for these option adjustments, but I don't think that's the case here. Shouldn't matter if it's a 230i with ZDH or an M240i because the brakes are the same.

There's other weirdness, too. With the latest round of changes, I couldn't combine the M Sport package on a 230i RWD with a Canberra Beige interior (either in SensaTec or leather). Cognac was the only non-black option. But you can get Canberra Beige in the xDrive 230i w/ M Sport or either of the M240i trims. This one sounds like an oversight, not a deliberate intent to keep options specific to certain models. I went with Cognac.
Appreciate 1
Fugly M34445.00
      12-17-2022, 11:23 PM   #103
xalw
Enlisted Member
xalw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: F30 n55, e70 diesel
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
These prices are getting out of hand then again the average car is now 50k. How are most Americans affording a $800 car note?
Now a days $800 is cheap for most. People are paying upwards of 1200-1500. Itís insane
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 11:27 PM   #104
xalw
Enlisted Member
xalw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: F30 n55, e70 diesel
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
damn... glad i just got my x3 m40i lol

this is honestly out of control... we are headed towards permanent price spiraling unless there is a major recession
That recession is coming, itís going to get ugly
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2022, 09:01 PM   #105
Yeehz
Registered
2
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

It’s already here
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2022, 01:20 PM   #106
xalw
Enlisted Member
xalw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: F30 n55, e70 diesel
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeehz View Post
Itís already here
Pretty much but we havenít seen the worst of it yet. Still some damage that needs to take place
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2022, 03:59 PM   #107
Ratledge
Private First Class
Ratledge's Avatar
18
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: 2023 BMW 430iX GC / G26
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Hawk's Nest NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protocol_10 View Post
If you get an allocation before 12/31 you're ok. If not, just hope that your dealer is nice & decides to cover the price difference for you. Definitely call your dealer now and work out the details before 12/31 comes
Wow! "Timing is everything" they say: I got my production number this morning.

I paid my deposit Wednesday, so assured allocation "in hand" plus two days.

Last edited by Ratledge; 12-30-2022 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2022, 04:27 PM   #108
BimmerSkippy
New Member
8
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Congrats! I received my production number also yesterday. Have you been able to log onto my bmw for tracking? I continue to get a message that an error occurred and my bmw garage is unavailable and to try again later?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 03:07 PM   #109
BlackBMW888
Second Lieutenant
BlackBMW888's Avatar
United_States
291
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 sDrive30i
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerSkippy View Post
Congrats! I received my production number also yesterday. Have you been able to log onto my bmw for tracking? I continue to get a message that an error occurred and my bmw garage is unavailable and to try again later?
Try accessing Chrome with incognito mode or Safari browser.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 03:19 PM   #110
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
3715
Rep
4,626
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
You say that, but what would you get instead? Take a look at the X5, for example. Is there anything better that's comparable?
What I'm seeing are people are being more honest with themselves when it comes to buying cars. Those that bought 3er/A4/C Class' are now looking outside German and getting something cheaper that matches the $600/month payment they were paying for German - customers are not longer stretching themselves just to drive German.

Those that stick with a brand, those consumers are "downgrading". X7 buyers are now looking at X5's, X5 buyers are now looking at X3's, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST