BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Project Gamma came in the mail today

I just want to say how impressed I am with their packaging. I was just expecting your typical brown box with maybe a logo on some packing tape. Looking forward to installing this today but it was thunder storming. First thing in the morning it is.
Attached Images

12-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Let me see if I can add to this as my PG stuff showed up not too long ago also.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
Let me see if I can add to this as my PG stuff showed up not too long ago also.
ohhhhhh.... nice. install shouldn't be too bad on that, right?
      12-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #4
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Nice!! Other than sound (and they do sound great) does anyone know if these intakes actually add power? Specifically to a stage 2+ car? I’ll be adding charge coolers in a couple of months but was still on the fence about the intakes. If sound is mostly what you pay for, I’ll pass..Also a concern is with them getting wet..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
ohhhhhh.... nice. install shouldn't be too bad on that, right?
Your intakes shouldn't be too bad. I don't know about my stuff. I am gonna have a shop do it since the motor is in for repair anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Nice!! Other than sound (and they do sound great) does anyone know if these intakes actually add power? Specifically to a stage 2+ car? I’ll be adding charge coolers in a couple of months but was still on the fence about the intakes. If sound is mostly what you pay for, I’ll pass..Also a concern is with them getting wet..
RK autoworkers has tested and proven their front mount intakes to make power. I don't know if project gamma does. I imagine at least some.
I have never really worried about water but I also don't daily it. They do make water socks you can put on the filters though.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #6
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
RK autoworkers has tested and proven their front mount intakes to make power. I don't know if project gamma does. I imagine at least some.
I have never really worried about water but I also don't daily it. They do make water socks you can put on the filters though.
Yeah, I am aware of RK’s proven gains. Assumed PG’s should be similar in theory but just didn’t know if someone had tested them.

I don’t daily mine either, and I rarely get caught in rain, I just didn’t know how sensitive they are to water. And then with washing - just trying to figure out how much babying them I’d have to do. Anyways, still considering - thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #7
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
From all the other intakes, power gain even with tune is around 10-15 advertised. Since there's not much design difference besides material, I would say maybe around that or less. I've been told by my tuner that it does help the breathing in mid to high rpm when WOT.

So it took me a couple hours and scraped up from fingertips to forearms.... they're installed. Removing the stock plastic snorkel elbows under the hood latches and pulling the new tube to have enough room to fit the intake filters were the most challenging. I was discouraged a couple times.
Went for a drive.... in comfort mode, you don't hear it really.... but once you put in sport+, sounds just like the videos. I wouldn't worry about "rain", it's pretty far back against the radiator. Like any other car with these kinda intakes, unless you're submerging the filter in water, you're gonna be fine.
Attached Images

12-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
From all the other intakes, power gain even with tune is around 10-15 advertised. Since there's not much design difference besides material, I would say maybe around that or less. I've been told by my tuner that it does help the breathing in mid to high rpm when WOT.

So it took me a couple hours and scraped up from fingertips to forearms.... they're installed. Removing the stock plastic snorkel elbows under the hood latches and pulling the new tube to have enough room to fit the intake filters were the most challenging. I was discouraged a couple times.
Went for a drive.... in comfort mode, you don't hear it really.... but once you put in sport+, sounds just like the videos. I wouldn't worry about "rain", it's pretty far back against the radiator. Like any other car with these kinda intakes, unless you're submerging the filter in water, you're gonna be fine.
Yeah, RK reported something like 20-30whp? May be a bit of a stretch, but getting cold air through our turbos is key - so anything that can contribute to this will allow us to run peak power more consistently rather than more power per se.

Seems like a few people reported a bit of struggle removing the stock snorkels. Nonetheless, job complete and it looks great! Sure it sounds even better. Enjoy
Appreciate 1
benacto348.00
      01-08-2021, 03:33 AM   #9
XSWG
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW M6, '19 AUDI S4

Lol I was just as excited about my new downpipes for the new M6 build we're doing that Project Gamma is partially sponsoring.

Just waiting for the new intakes and charge coolers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #10
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSWG View Post
Lol I was just as excited about my new downpipes for the new M6 build we're doing that Project Gamma is partially sponsoring.

Just waiting for the new intakes and charge coolers
siiiiiick!
      01-11-2021, 02:00 PM   #11
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Can I play?

Appreciate 2
benacto348.00
HeyKC101.50
      01-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #12
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Can I play?

oh that's pretty
      01-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #13
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can I play?
Those look sweet in blue.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 10:01 PM   #14
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Those look sweet in blue.
Yeah I figured it would pull nicely with the slight blue hue in my silverstone paint. Not that anyone will ever see it though lol just me while cleaning which is good enough.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 02:04 AM   #15
XSWG
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW M6, '19 AUDI S4

Quote:
Can I play?

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
LOL I ordered the same thing but in a darker blue. Great minds think alike.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #16
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSWG View Post
LOL I ordered the same thing but in a darker blue. Great minds think alike.
Haha indeed! Mine is a perfect match to the “bmw blue”. They came in yesterday and look amazing. Can’t wait for the install. Post pics of yours when you get a chance.
Appreciate 0