BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-17-2020, 12:00 AM   #45
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmoore01 View Post
I had to add a little information to why I fell in love with the 6 series. I worked 18 years for Bang & Olufsen in various positions for the North American NSO. During one stint I was the key account manager for North American Automotive where is spent most my time promoting the sound systems in Audi, AMG Mercedes, Aston Martin and BMW. I spent a fair amount of time in dealerships teaching salesmen and general managers that people truly would spend $4-6K to have a really great sound system and how to present and demo the system to reinforce the investment and create value.

I have owned many 5 series and when they announced they were rolling out the newly redesigned 6 series and that it would feature our high end B&O system I was of course intrigued. I was fortunate enough to be included in the Press launch event out in Santa Barbara back in 2012 where they had roughly 20 cars mostly equipped with our B&O system and I was given the opportunity to speak to the press about the system and the importance of high end audio, amongst the target group. I definitely fell in love with the 6 series that week.

A couple years later I was traveling with the BMW training manager in Florida where he had the first 650xdrive GC in the country brought in to use for our trainings. It was debadged since the formal announcement had not been made yet but a few of the really attentive sales people noticed. We were heading back to Fort Lauderdale from West Palm Beach keeping up with the flow of traffic when a Lexus blew by us and my counterpart muttered "no way". He downshifted and we were on the Lexus in seconds, the feel of that raw linear power had me hooked.

Unfortunately I had to wait a few more years before I could realize my dream but there's no going back now, picked up my 2014 650GC xdrive fully loaded - B&O system of course - about 2 years ago.
That’s a truly awesome story! The combination of the center console-to-dash, all wrapped in plush leather, with the beauty (visually and audibly) from the B&O is just breath-taking. Thanks for sharing that and for doing your part to bring the B&O into the 6!! Without any opportunity to hear it before buying my 6, just based on name and aesthetics alone it was a must have in my purchase criteria
      04-17-2020, 12:15 AM   #46
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
My apologies. I must not have read all the posts as carefully as I should have.
I hope you are staying safe.
Didn't post it in this thread but in others. You have the science background. Curious what your interests are in the arts.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 12:16 AM   #47
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Great story stmoore01!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 07:53 AM   #48
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
Outstanding! Nothing like the violin nor piano.
Thanks so much!!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #49
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had to add a little information to why I fell in love with the 6 series. I worked 18 years for Bang & Olufsen in various positions for the North American NSO. During one stint I was the key account manager for North American Automotive where is spent most my time promoting the sound systems in Audi, AMG Mercedes, Aston Martin and BMW. I spent a fair amount of time in dealerships teaching salesmen and general managers that people truly would spend $4-6K to have a really great sound system and how to present and demo the system to reinforce the investment and create value.

I have owned many 5 series and when they announced they were rolling out the newly redesigned 6 series and that it would feature our high end B&O system I was of course intrigued. I was fortunate enough to be included in the Press launch event out in Santa Barbara back in 2012 where they had roughly 20 cars mostly equipped with our B&O system and I was given the opportunity to speak to the press about the system and the importance of high end audio, amongst the target group. I definitely fell in love with the 6 series that week.

A couple years later I was traveling with the BMW training manager in Florida where he had the first 650xdrive GC in the country brought in to use for our trainings. It was debadged since the formal announcement had not been made yet but a few of the really attentive sales people noticed. We were heading back to Fort Lauderdale from West Palm Beach keeping up with the flow of traffic when a Lexus blew by us and my counterpart muttered "no way". He downshifted and we were on the Lexus in seconds, the feel of that raw linear power had me hooked.

Unfortunately I had to wait a few more years before I could realize my dream but there's no going back now, picked up my 2014 650GC xdrive fully loaded - B&O system of course - about 2 years ago.
I had a feeling that the more creative and interesting types were drawn to the 6. I’ve had mine a little over a year and I still look back at least twice after I park. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #50
Greekstyle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' X7 40i

I am the V.P. of Sales at Luxriot. We develop Video Management software for the Surveillance industry like Video Analytics, Face recognition, and License plate recognition. I am also a Licensed Low-Voltage installer in NY for my personal business of installing Home Audio, Video, CCTV, Networks, and Home Automation.
Appreciate 2
Frupal788.50
jjasonSU194.00
      04-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #51
Greekstyle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
I had a feeling that the more creative and interesting types were drawn to the 6. I’ve had mine a little over a year and I still look back at least twice after I park. Lol!
Almost every week I play back recordings of myself arriving/departing work or home just to see how my car looks..... As if it is going to be different somehow lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #52
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekstyle View Post
Almost every week I play back recordings of myself arriving/departing work or home just to see how my car looks..... As if it is going to be different somehow lol.
Obsession!!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #53
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:

Very cool - I love the B&O system. It's definitely the best sounding system I've had direct from the factory... and it doesn't hurt that it lights up and rises out of the dash so elegantly on start-up. Very fitting for the 6!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #54
mudpaw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i Gran Coupe

I'm an aircraft electrical design engineer. I design electrical systems that integrate components and systems into existing aircraft electrical systems.
Appreciate 3
jjasonSU194.00
Frupal788.50
      04-18-2020, 02:01 PM   #55
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Just a steel structure and welding engineer as well as corrosion protection, main field bridge building world wide. I.e
Puente Centenario – Second Panama Canal Crossing
Golden ears bridge Vancouver
Phú Mỹ Bridge Vietnam

And a drummer
Appreciate 1
Frupal788.50
      04-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #56
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Just a steel structure and welding engineer as well as corrosion protection, main field bridge building world wide. I.e
Phú Mỹ Bridge Vietnam

And a drummer
Wow! Cool job!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #57
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Phú Mỹ Bridge Vietnam

And a drummer
Engineer (analytical) and drummer (artistic). Goes along with my theory about 6-series owners!
Appreciate 1
Frupal788.50
      04-19-2020, 06:03 AM   #58
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Airline Operations Management and Strategic Planning (plus I'm a breeder of top quality show dogs)
Appreciate 1
Frupal788.50
      04-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #59
LisaLannister
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650 Xi

As a new member to this forum and a recent buyer of a 2015 BMW 650 Xi, I wanted to create a new thread but I am told that I must reply to one post before I can begin.

I am an investment advisor at a global diversified financial services firm.
Appreciate 1
Frupal788.50
      04-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #60
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLannister View Post
As a new member to this forum and a recent buyer of a 2015 BMW 650 Xi, I wanted to create a new thread but I am told that I must reply to one post before I can begin.

I am an investment advisor at a global diversified financial services firm.
Welcome aboard. My family once lived in Laval.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #61
LisaLannister
Private
Rep

No way. I grew up in Chomedey. What a small world.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #62
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Unfortunately my Grandparents were on Air Canada flight 621 on the way here to LA.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #63
LisaLannister
Private
Rep

I am so very sorry to hear that. I had to look it up as I was just four years old at the time and the flight number did not ring a bell.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #64
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you. I never them as I was born in 72. I’m sure it was pretty hard on my mom as she was only in her early 20s at the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #65
AaronLG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Mortgage Loan Officer.

Anybody needs a home loan or refi, hit me up!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #66
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

I'm a legalised drug dealer, pharmacist.
I use to produce music on FL studio, arabian hip hop back in my college days.
Appreciate 1
Frupal788.50