BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
roofyroo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 GC (CP)

Save me a dealer trip. Self Parking Installed?

Ran across a video on YT showing a 5 series self parking (without driver inside vehicle) and another locating a parking spot and parking itself (with driver in vehicle). Called my BMW dealer go to person and he's not sure so I'm asking here.

I have a 17 M6 GC with Competition Package (ZCP), Driving Assistance Plus (ZDB), Executive Package (ZEC) and Night Vision w/Pedest Detection (6UK).

Will it find parking spots and/or park itself?

And how the heck do I get that remote start feature?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofyroo View Post
Ran across a video on YT showing a 5 series self parking (without driver inside vehicle) and another locating a parking spot and parking itself (with driver in vehicle). Called my BMW dealer go to person and he's not sure so I'm asking here.

I have a 17 M6 GC with Competition Package (ZCP), Driving Assistance Plus (ZDB), Executive Package (ZEC) and Night Vision w/Pedest Detection (6UK).

Will it find parking spots and/or park itself?

And how the heck do I get that remote start feature?
Sorry I can't help you with these questions I have my car for 2 years and dont know where any of that crap is ,I only know Sport plus button ,the traction control button, and my shift point button, gas,brake,shifter and steering wheel

All kidding aside im not sure about the parking but I believe you can remote start through a BMW APP called BMW connected ,I think you might have to enable it through the drive system theres a disclaimer
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #3
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
I don’t think that’s ever going to work in our cars. You need electric steering for self driving, ours is still hydraulic. So even the line departure system is just warning, not taking over steering if you depart from the lane...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #4
roofyroo
United_States
Rep

Thanks all. The app isnt available for my car. Good to know about the hydraulic steering. She only has 8000 miles on it and I'm still learning about her. Just figured out the top view function 😂😂 thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
dennisd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 535i

I have the DCT and remote start isn't part of the app. I think remote start is only available with torque converter automatic transmissions.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
plm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

I think you can install the remote start module from BMW, but it's not without its downsides. Because you have to epoxy in an original keyfob into the unit in order to allow it to start without a user key in the vehicle you have to disable comfort access, or the car will open to anybody who touches the door handles.

As much as I'd like remote start, this is such a kludgey solution that I wouldn't consider it.
Appreciate 3
      02-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
roofyroo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plm View Post
I think you can install the remote start module from BMW, but it's not without its downsides. Because you have to epoxy in an original keyfob into the unit in order to allow it to start without a user key in the vehicle you have to disable comfort access, or the car will open to anybody who touches the door handles.

As much as I'd like remote start, this is such a kludgey solution that I wouldn't consider it.
Just researched and you are 100% correct. Definitely not worth it. Thanks
Appreciate 0