BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

11-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 x5 m

2014 m6 gran coupe Dinan stage 2

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
I purchased this 2014 BMW M6 competition with a Dinan Stage 2 708 hp vehicle from a salvage auction a little over a year ago. I had the car repaired by a professional shop and have since been driving it as my personal vehicle. I am looking to get into another vehicle and thus, this one must go. The car has nothing wrong with it. Paint is in great condition. No warning lights. No frame damage. Drives like a dream. The vehicle came highly equipped from the factory with an MSRP of 138k. It has the highly desired competition pkg, as well as the driver's asst. pkg (lane keep assist, blind spot detection, 7 cameras mounted around the exterior with a 360 view, etc.), the $8,000 Bang & Olufsen sound system that sounds like a professional studio, and finally, the executive pkg. The previous owner installed nearly 20k worth of Dinan after-market performance upgrades, which carry their own warranty including their Cat-back exhaust, carbon fiber air intakes, coil over suspension, and stage 2 708 hp tune. Car also comes equipped with an M-performance alcantra and carbon fiber steering wheel with carbon fiber shift paddles ($2,000) Just had a full inspection done and passed with flying colors. Can give you the information of the inspecting shop if you would like to speak with them personally. Car is healthy as a horse. If you have any questions about the repair process please reach out. Feel free to contact me with any other questions, I can be reached by phone or text Five15-3threenine-40six3. Thanks for looking.
Matthew

Original Vehicle Listing
http://www.2040-cars.com/bmw/M6/2014...eather-990585/

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Also if someone would want to do a dinan stage 2 to there car I wouldn't be opposed to swapping stock parts for the dinan parts. Save you some money over the 12k that it originally cost and still keep the dinan warranty
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

More pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #5
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump it up
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #6
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Price updated, firm on price
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #7
malcoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC BSM/SO

You serious about selling the Dinan state 2 separately?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcoll View Post
You serious about selling the Dinan state 2 separately?
Yes I am, would need stock parts as I don't have any but yes I would be
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #9
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #10
koqui79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 m5

Why was the car salvaged in the first place? What kind of damage did it have?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #11
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by koqui79 View Post
I have researched this car and it seems to have a god salvage history but encourage you to do your own research. The tough part is getting funding from a bank and it can be tough to resell it later if you have to.

This website is a great resource for researching salvage vehicles, https://poctra.com/2014-BMW-M6-GRAN-...H-BILLERICA-MA

This is one fee based but very useful if you want to really dig deep on salvage title cars. Autoauctions.io is the website and they will dig through all the auction history on a vin which can keep you from getting burned by folks that buy from an insurance company, throw some lipstick on the car and try to sell it again through the salvage auctions.

All they do is make enough cosmetic improvements out of hope s of duping an online bidder into paying more for the car than they did. I've seen cars with 4 or 5 trips through and each time through the car gets sold for a few more grand.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #12
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The car had some minor front end damage, no frame damage, didn't even damage the radiator, I had to replace the front bumper, and passenger fender as well as a headlight due to broken brackets. The front end was resprayed and blended into the doors. Also had a misfire on cylinder 3 and 5, replaced all the spark plugs coil packs and the mass air flow sensor and the car stated running perfect. Haven't had any issues with it since then. Also many plastics under the hood and under the engine bay were cracked so I replaced them. It was inspected by a certified bmw tech that I can supply.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #13
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Quote:
I have researched this car and it seems to have a god salvage history but encourage you to do your own research. The tough part is getting funding from a bank and it can be tough to resell it later if you have to.

This website is a great resource for researching salvage vehicles, https://poctra.com/2014-BMW-M6-GRAN-...H-BILLERICA-MA

This is one fee based but very useful if you want to really dig deep on salvage title cars. Autoauctions.io is the website and they will dig through all the auction history on a vin which can keep you from getting burned by folks that buy from an insurance company, throw some lipstick on the car and try to sell it again through the salvage auctions.

All they do is make enough cosmetic improvements out of hope s of duping an online bidder into paying more for the car than they did. I've seen cars with 4 or 5 trips through and each time through the car gets sold for a few more grand.
I agree with you, I purchased directly from the insurance company to avoid a car that had been destroyed and just slapped back together.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #14
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

It appears it had undercarriage and mechanical issues. So suspension and subframe were probably affected. How many miles does it have now? I might be interested once I know the full picture. FYI, wholesale for a clean car with no damage is lower than your asking price...assuming same mileage from summer of 2018. Salvage title cars usually get 30-50% off retail (20-40% off wholesale) depending on history and current condition.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #15
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
It appears it had undercarriage and mechanical issues. So suspension and subframe were probably affected. How many miles does it have now? I might be interested once I know the full picture. FYI, wholesale for a clean car with no damage is lower than your asking price...assuming same mileage from summer of 2018. Salvage title cars usually get 30-50% off retail (20-40% off wholesale) depending on history and current condition.
No suspension or subframe damage, only thing was that it was missing was plastics. Currently has around 61900 miles on it. I got quite lucky and don't understand 100% why it was salvaged but have had it checked out by three different shops, one for the body work, one for the engine work, and my regular maintenance guy and non of them have found anything other than what I listed above for repairs. And my price is also reflecting the minimal damage causing the salvage as well as the aftermarket part (which I know aren't worth retail used) but the dinan warranty is still intact, and as everyone on this forum knows their parts are top notch.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 08:26 PM   #16
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
I've been given the opportunity in the past by my insurer to total or not total a car and rather than risk any future issues I opted to have my insurer total my high end luxury car.

I don't know the final bid amount but I have a really good idea what the range was and if my intel is right is sold for what I think would be near trade values but I do not have a good data source for wholesale/auction/trade values. I do not know sunsation but ya have to look at the totality of the value of the car given the investment in often desired upgrades. If the car were stock it would be a hard sale at this price but the upgrades alone!!!

If I didn't have to deal with penalties for pulling cash out of investments and was a long term holder/buyer for this car I'd be all over it. I already spoke with my bank about it and they won't fund me if they would it would have been marked SOLD!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I've been given the opportunity in the past by my insurer to total or not total a car and rather than risk any future issues I opted to have my insurer total my high end luxury car.

I don't know the final bid amount but I have a really good idea what the range was and if my intel is right is sold for what I think would be near trade values but I do not have a good data source for wholesale/auction/trade values. I do not know sunsation but ya have to look at the totality of the value of the car given the investment in often desired upgrades. If the car were stock it would be a hard sale at this price but the upgrades alone!!!

If I didn't have to deal with penalties for pulling cash out of investments and was a long term holder/buyer for this car I'd be all over it. I already spoke with my bank about it and they won't fund me if they would it would have been marked SOLD!!!!
Thanks for sharing some insight! Appreciate the info!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #18
stmoore01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xdrive GC - 2001 330ci

The pricing sounds pretty solid, my only fear is that I have heard that you cannot insure a salvage title or rebuilt title car with anything other than liability coverage. Please correct me if I have bad information on this topic.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #19
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmoore01 View Post
The pricing sounds pretty solid, my only fear is that I have heard that you cannot insure a salvage title or rebuilt title car with anything other than liability coverage. Please correct me if I have bad information on this topic.
That's false I had a salvage b8 s4 a few years back and it was fully insured. They insure it for less than clean but still insured
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #20
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmoore01 View Post
I use nationwide if that matters
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #21
sunsation
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #22
Bam002
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 Dinan M5, Stage 2 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsation View Post
Bump
where is the Dinantronics box installed? they usually install it between the carbon fiber intakes.
Appreciate 0