BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
mhaghighi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition package

Dinan stage 1

JjjDINANTRONICS™ Performance Tuner Stage 1 for BMW F12 F13 M6 F06 M6 Gran Coupe (S63TU)

D440-1603-ST1
The DINANTRONICS™ Performance Tuner is a highly engineered and sophisticated piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance, without negating or voiding your new car warranty coverage and without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems. It was also designed to be emissions legal in 50 states (E.O. Pending). The ultimate objective of developing this piece of technology was to provide the ability to control every signal entering and exiting the BMW factory Engine Control Unit. These items are unique to Dinan and together they embody the apex of performance engineering in a powerful, reliable, and warrantied package.

CLICK TO VIEW APPLIED MODELS ▲
This item is worth 2 point(s) towards your Dinan® Badge.
PRICE:
$2,999.00
TO ORDER CALL DINAN AT 1-800-341-5480
DescriptionSpecsPictures / VideoWarranty
Product Specifications
Labor Hours/Installation Hours 2.00
Emission Status Emissions Legal in most states -- This product in compliance with U.S. Federal EPA Memorandum 1A, or this product has not been found, nor is believed to be, unlawful for use under the provisions of the Clean Air Act. Currently: This product is not legal for sale or use in California, and states that have adopted California emissions standards, on any pollution controlled motor vehicles.
Peak Horsepower 652 (666 on Competition Package)
Peak Torque 631 (634 on Competition Package)
Stock HP 560 (575 on Competition Package)
Stock Torque 500
Included Notes DINANTRONICS™ Performance Tuner, Dinan® wiring harness, Dinan Stage 1 software
SHARE THIS PRODUCT

RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
►DINANTRONICS™ Performance Tuner Stage 1 for BMW F32 F33 F36 435i
►Dinan® Stage 5 Performance Software Upgrade – 550i for BMW 550i & xDrive F10 2011-2013
CATEGORIES
► Accessories
► Apparel
► Brakes
► Chassis Tuning
► Driveline Tuning
► Engine Tuning
► Exhaust
► Power Packages
► Signature Packages
► Suspension
► Wheels

LOCATE DEALER
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
mhaghighi
Private First Class
Rep

I have 2014 GC with competition package. These numbers for the torge and horsepower increase seems to me be crazy good?
From 575 hp to 666?

How much faster 0 to 60 is that?

Has anyone done this recently? Do you buy it first and then have bmw install?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaghighi View Post
I have 2014 GC with competition package. These numbers for the torge and horsepower increase seems to me be crazy good?
From 575 hp to 666?

How much faster 0 to 60 is that?

Has anyone done this recently? Do you buy it first and then have bmw install?
There are a few of us that have it installed.
I don't have 0-60 times.
You have to purchase it thru an Authorized Dinan dealer either BMW or independent. If you go thru an independent dealer shop you should be getting a better price deal.
It comes with a 3 day money back guarantee. Don't like it, you get your money back
Its a great setup. I really like it and I had the BMS setup previous
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
There are a few of us that have it installed.
I don't have 0-60 times.
You have to purchase it thru an Authorized Dinan dealer either BMW or independent. If you go thru an independent dealer shop you should be getting a better price deal.
It comes with a 3 day money back guarantee. Don't like it, you get your money back
Its a great setup. I really like it and I had the BMS setup previous
What are the main differences you notice between BMS and Dinan? Obviously, it's a pretty big price difference, so I'm curious what you notice the most between the two. I have the BMS, but have been reading up on Dinan's site since they released their tune for cars with CP.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
What are the main differences you notice between BMS and Dinan? Obviously, it's a pretty big price difference, so I'm curious what you notice the most between the two. I have the BMS, but have been reading up on Dinan's site since they released their tune for cars with CP.
The biggest difference is how much smoother the vehicle performs. The engine and transmission feel to operate a lot more efficiently.
It is noticeable how much better the Dinan setup works.
Now, the power gains are just about the same it is hard to tell a difference with the 2 in terms of HP gains.
But, with the BMS you can increase the boost to get more performance obviously, but the more boost you increase the more you can feel how the vehicle adapts to those changes and it is not as smooth as you would expect it to be. (Hope that made sense)
Dinan is in development of more products and in turn more software levels will be available. Time will only tell with that.
You will get mixed reviews on this, seems that everyone just wants more power (I do as well) and all they want are dyno numbers without thinking about consequential issues with the vehicle as a whole.
Both kits work great. Just up to what the vehicle owner is looking for.
Anyone in Socal interested in a ride along I am always available and attend almost every major car event here as well as Targa Trophy events.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
The biggest difference is how much smoother the vehicle performs. The engine and transmission feel to operate a lot more efficiently.
Now, the power gains are just about the same it is hard to tell a difference with the 2 in terms of HP gains.
But, with the BMS you can increase the boost to get more performance obviously, but the more boost you increase the more you can feel how the vehicle adapts to those changes and it is not as smooth as you would expect it to be. (Hope that made sense)
Dinan is in development of more products and in turn more software levels will be available. Time will only tell with that.
You will get mixed reviews on this, seems that everyone just wants more power (I do as well) and all they want are dyno numbers without thinking about consequential issues with the vehicle as a whole.
Anyone in Socal interested in a ride along I am always available and attend almost every major car event here as well as Targa Trophy events.
Makes perfect sense -- thank you!

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

"This product is not legal for sale or use in California"

California wins again
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #8
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
"This product is not legal for sale or use in California"

California wins again
You can purchase it and have it installed in CA
Send me a message and I can get you some info
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #9
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Thank you for the the great explanations EuroKar! We're always available if you have any more questions!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Thank you for the the great explanations EuroKar! We're always available if you have any more questions!

I get all my Dinan products and vehicle services performed by
Erik @ Autohaus Frankfurt in Murrieta, CA
Great shop and service every time.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #11
mhaghighi
Private First Class
Rep

I am all set for my set up this Friday. I am excited to see the difference. Has anyone else done this recently?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
diononiz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cab

I am very happy with my Dinan tune. It has evened out the throttle response in comfort mode and is quite a noticeable improvement. The torque increase is amazing as the stability control seems to be coming on all the time
I am convinced you will be happy with your tune.

19 Aston Martin Vantage - Magnetic Silver - Lemoned
16 Porsche 991 Turbo - White/Black - Gone but missed!

Last edited by diononiz; 09-23-2014 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
jeroguz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

I really want to know about how much better the car performs on a highway and on 0-60 rather than dyno numbers
Dyno numbers are shit if you can't drive it
They are only bragging rights like like a big dick competition
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #14
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroguz
I really want to know about how much better the car performs on a highway and on 0-60 rather than dyno numbers
Exactly
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
Thanks!

This is exactly what I've said on some threads where people just look at the peak hp number and say that the cheaper xxx tune is just as good since it's cheaper and offers the same (or more) hp increase.

I have no experience with Dinan, but your exact words are what German magazines often use to explain the difference between a cheap tune and a AC Schnitzer tune for instance.

Usually you get what you pay for
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroguz View Post
It performs day and night difference.
I don't know 0-60 numbers and there are a lot to take into consideration that can reflect that difference just like dyno.
I don't care about dyno numbers either.
I want reliable performance that works.
Dinan works better then BMS for (S63T) engines.
I've been saying it since day 1.
I'm glad more and more people are making the change and its been nothing but positive remarks
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
I'm actually pretty surprised that performance numbers have not been posted (for most tunes). Again, in our cars, the HP and torque numbers mean very little, as traction is greatly limited. Don't get me wrong, if I could lay all that power down, I'd brag out my power numbers. However, it just doesn't matter in this case.

I would love usable power AND........I'd give anything for a traction control system that wasn't all or nothing. When it cuts in, it comes in HARD.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #18
mhaghighi
Private First Class
Rep

Got my stage 1 done. I must say is very impressive. This car with competition and now stage 1 is scary crazy fast. Only thing sucks after paying 3k I can't get a Dinan badge!! Come on guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #19
VintageFerrari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 S3

See Post Nos. 111 and later:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...1008125&page=6
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #20
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaghighi View Post
Got my stage 1 done. I must say is very impressive. This car with competition and now stage 1 is scary crazy fast. Only thing sucks after paying 3k I can't get a Dinan badge!! Come on guys.
Glad you are enjoying the additional power. It definitely shines when you open it up. As far as the badge goes I can't help you much on that one as that is Steve's program and he's very particular on it. However I can say that while at the moment the M6 doesn't have the ability to get the badge with the products available to it, that is definitely something that will be changing as there are a few other products for that vehicle on the horizon.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #21
PRican//M614
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6, 2015 BMW X5...

I had the stage 1 installed by my BMW dealer. I feel the difference only @ 100 plus mph. Honestly I think the performance is the same. I think I should have purchased some forged rims w the money. Just my thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #22
PRican//M614
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6, 2015 BMW X5...

Problem solved, now I know what I paid $3350 for. Yes the car does ride smoother and it's unbelievable power. Dinan is the way to go...
Appreciate 0