BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-19-2019, 12:48 AM   #1
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Intrigued by M6 GC

Hello,

I'm super intrigued by an M6 GC. Ever since Top Gear did the desert thing years ago, I've always admired this beast.

I'm interested in buying one, but I really don't know where to start.

From you guys that have first hand intel, are there any major changes/differences between the 2014-2016 model years?

What are the must have packages?

How much power are we making with tune? Has it been the same motor from 14-16? Is it suuuuper fun to drive? Can it hook up properly on launch?

I've been tossing and turning about what to buy. I've never had an M5 or M6 and I think it would be fun to get one!
      05-19-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

For the difference klick here Differences by MY
If you read other threads you will see that many people choose the pre-face lift including me, because you really save some grand.
Must have what is important for you. The M6 is already packed. I posted this in another thread.
CCB - nice to to have but not for me
CP-Jep
M- performance exhaust (Akra) for sure
Sun shade rear and back= yes
Full leather = yes
Soft close ?? Not for me
Surround view- jep
Color in and out - up to you
All other nannies- up to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
For the difference klick here Differences by MY
If you read other threads you will see that many people choose the pre-face lift including me, because you really save some grand.
Must have what is important for you. The M6 is already packed. I posted this in another thread.
CCB - nice to to have but not for me
CP-Jep
M- performance exhaust (Akra) for sure
Sun shade rear and back= yes
Full leather = yes
Soft close ?? Not for me
Surround view- jep
Color in and out - up to you
All other nannies- up to you.
Thanks! The link to the other thread was great as well!
      05-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
SixteenM6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Grand Coupe

The executive package comes with soft closing doors plus all the rest. The competition package is nice too. My car has both and I really like it. For the most part I think if these cars have not been abused and/or modified by previous owners, they are reliable.

Gone are the days when swapping exhausts, remapping ECUs ("tunes") etc didn't cause issues. These cars are too complex with tons of sensors everywhere feeding more than one ECU and they're all interconnected.

I don't believe anyone that say ECU tuning is "safe" or it can't potentially screw up or shorten the engine's life. The engineers at the factory worked hard to come up with the correct software parameters.

Anyways... try to find a car that hasn't been modified or abused. A good inspection can detect clues.
Appreciate 1