BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-07-2024, 04:09 AM   #1
PARANOlD
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Sapphire Black

2014 F06 Gran Coupe Noise

Ok I've got two things to bring up:

1. After installing BMS charge pipes and intakes, the car has some kind of fluttering noise under WOT. It doesn't seem to impact power, but I'm hearing almost like a repeated chirping. Could be turbos, but my N54 turbos never sounded like that.

2. Am I nuts or is it impossible to find front sway bushings? I have some popping up front, so I replaced the sway links. I'm still hearing/feeling the popping while backing up and turning, so I thought I'd go to the next step and replace the front sway bushings.

Guess they're built into the sway bar assembly or something and I'll just have to install a full upgrade if I want to go that route. Closest I found was here, and they're probably for the regular 6 series:

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Powerfle...6-F13-F02.html

Thanks for any input

Last edited by PARANOlD; 03-07-2024 at 04:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 01:47 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Maybe check all the seals around the charge pipes and air intakes. I have had issues with them not getting sealed well on the under/back side of the hose. With the charge pipes have had them break their seal a couple of time after a short spirited period of driving.

When I had the popping issue it turned out to be the sway bar end links. I may look at doing the sway bar bushings soon as I am sure they are nearing end of life.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0