Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Door Issues

Hey Guys,

So today while driving home the car gave me a ding and told me that my drivers door was unlocked. I found this odd because for the past 10 mins of drying it was closed properly. Also i know for sure it was properly locked because I have soft close doors and they make sure my doors are locked at all times.
After parking, I tried locking the car only to find that my keyless entry no longer works. In fact i couldn't even push the pin down manually to lock the car. I tried restarting the car messing with the soft close mechanism, etc. Then after 20 mins of stressing over how I would have to leave my 80k car unlocked overnight, the car decided it was finally done torturing me and turned of the door light. With the light off it locked as normal with no further issues.

Now i know this isn't a one off issue because this is the second time something like this has happened. The first time was about a month ago but it only concerned my driver side back door (not my actual driver side door). At least when it was that passenger door the comfort access worked on every door except that door and car was able to lock.

Side note: I had my car coded to lock and unlock the windows via keyless entry, among other things and I have HID fog lights (Morimoto). Those are the only mods that i think could possibly have even the most remote effect on the system.

Also I think this might have something to do with my checking to make sure the car was locked via key fob and pressing it a couple times when the car was already locked. (not sure if thats the issue but throwing that out there)

With all that being said here's my question; Has anybody experienced a similar issue? If so what was the cause? How can I fix it to make sure it wont happen again? Finally with my car being coded would i be able to bring it to the dealer to check the issue out?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Jhenka
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Bump! Any Ideas?
Appreciate 0