BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2020, 01:55 PM   #111
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
United_States
317
Rep
532
Posts

Drives: MW ZCP F80
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Uuff, glad I crossed this off the bucket list. Sad to see it go.
Appreciate 1
Mikecom32146.50

      05-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #112
Mrgunfun
Second Lieutenant
Mrgunfun's Avatar
219
Rep
239
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Garden State

iTrader: (0)

No way!
I was going to do ED next year due to COVID!!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #113
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
5334
Rep
5,564
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
This is the entire announcement, as GOLFFRR left this out:

Ultimate Delivery Experience Continues in SC as Sun Sets on European Delivery

European Program to Begin Phasing Out Operations in May

As the global market has evolved and BMW NA sales volumes have shifted more heavily towards SAVs during the past serval years, the Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, South Carolina has seen continuing growth. Since its beginning in 1999, Performance Center Delivery has grown to more than 28,000 vehicle deliveries, while European Delivery, which has delivered approximately 30,000 vehicles since the 1970s, has experienced a significant decline in participation. Although BMW NA has historically represented an average of 2,000 European Deliveries annually, such deliveries have declined in recent years to under 500. Based on these trends and long-term evaluation, BMW Group will end the European Delivery Program in 2020 and cease accepting reservations as of May 18, 2020.
Well now that this is posted, I REALLY can't blame BMW. I run a corporate department and I think I would get fired if I refused to cancel a money losing program that had only 500 takers a year. I am, however, shocked at how few people have done this in "recent years" (like what, 2019?)

So I guess it's our fault that we didn't do this enough. Or bmw has lost the customers that do this kind of thing...
It's not that people don't want to opt for it but in my experience, twice, the dealership discouraged this option and for some strange reason, downplayed its advantage and benefits.

If someone knows the real reason why the franchise dealers are not too keen on pushing this program, please educate me..

I could see a lot of people not opting for this, simple because they wasn't aware it even existed, especially new BMW consumers, which accounts for a great number.

Some of us BMW fanatics are the outlier few holdovers, that are privy to this program and would still push for it.

I'm pretty sure the BMW beancounters were happy to let it withered away and slowly die off.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #114
M3GymNut
Major
767
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 BSM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
As previously stated, they went from 2000+ ED deliveries annually to under 500 ED deliveries annually. It was a losing proposition.
I get it, but barring everything is back to normal I don't see ED's more of a loss than of a gain for BMW which is why I'm thinking and hoping it will come back.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #115
Rvnmaniak
Registered
12
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

ED Program

As a BMWCCA member and owner of eight classic and current models, I am no longer getting the warm and fuzzy feeling I used to have for the brand. Let's see. In the last year ......... no more national Oktoberfest meeting for BMWCCA, the advent of overly large and ugly kidney grills in spite of NOBODY liking them, the inability to order a manual transmission on most cars, the placement of the M logo on every single damned car they make (looking forward to the ///M328i XDrive?) and the ending of the European delivery program.

What next? Having to be waterboarded, eat bugs, and a stay at Guantanamo Bay for the privilege of owning an all electric 3 series? Maybe its time to shop around.

Appreciate 7
Mikecom32146.50
jstein555335.00
RowanBuds1300.00
RPiM52578.00
sq86256.50
Germanauto4747.00

      05-05-2020, 02:01 PM   #116
cactusjack
Private First Class
339
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saturn Outlook
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Every week for the past few months I keep saying " BMW cant get anymore shitty." And without missing a beat, they prove me wrong every time.

Last edited by cactusjack; 05-05-2020 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 7
jstein555335.00
Ibiza1339.00
Jockey2387.50
bobert816.00
Germanauto4747.00

      05-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #117
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
6227
Rep
16,607
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Every week for the past few months I keep saying " BMW cant get anymore shitty. And without missing a beat, they prove me wrong everytime.
This actually made me really laugh out loud.

Thanks for that. I haven't lost faith just yet.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #118
cactusjack
Private First Class
339
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saturn Outlook
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This actually made me really laugh out loud.

Thanks for that. I haven't lost faith just yet.
Hahaha youre quite welcome my brotha! I think we all need a laugh during these times. Sometimes I find myself laughing at BMW's new choices a bit too much.
Appreciate 2
jstein555335.00
Sedan_Clan6226.50

      05-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #119
GlazierGlaze
Dat Yasssss
GlazierGlaze's Avatar
United_States
582
Rep
623
Posts

Drives: 2015 YMB M4
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvnmaniak View Post
As a BMWCCA member and owner of eight classic and current models, I am no longer getting the warm and fuzzy feeling I used to have for the brand. Let's see. In the last year ......... no more national Oktoberfest meeting for BMWCCA, the advent of overly large and ugly kidney grills in spite of NOBODY liking them, the inability to order a manual transmission on most cars, the placement of the M logo on every single damned car they make (looking forward to the ///M328i XDrive?) and the ending of the European delivery program.

What next? Having to be waterboarded, eat bugs, and a stay at Guantanamo Bay for the privilege of owning an all electric 3 series? Maybe its time to shop around.

This.

The brand is not for the purists anymore. The final nails are being put in the coffin.

I cancelled my CCA membership this year, don't get enough value out of it. 5+ years as a member. I just turned 30 and have owned three BMWs in a short period, with the expectation of adding another this fall.
__________________
Past: 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4 - All Options - Eisenmann - ModeCarbon - M Performance - iND - Zima Motorsports - KW - Bootmod3 Stage II - Autotecknic - RW - VRSF
Current: 2019 Phytonic Blue Metallic X4 M40i - Premium Package - 699M Wheels - Enhanced BT


GT3 shoppin'
Appreciate 8
      05-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #120
Mikecom32
Second Lieutenant
Mikecom32's Avatar
United_States
147
Rep
284
Posts

Drives: '18 M4 ZCP 6MT, '05 330xi 6MT,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Porsche should've already been attractive. If somebody can afford a Porsche comfortably (...and candidly tout that as so), why are they driving a BMW in the first place?!? Surely ED isn't enough incentive to forego the P-Car.
It's a combination of factors, and this certainly isn't the only reason I've been looking at stepping up. I'm in a different situation financially than I was three years ago, but I've also stuck with the brand for at least one of my cars since 2006. I own two BMWs and the wife's would make three. I'm generally not one for brand loyalty, but there's usually been enough pulling me back that I haven't been interested in changing.

Porsche also does ED, and their program doesn't look to be going away. Another checkbox in the P-car column
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #121
Jadar
Dejan
Jadar's Avatar
Serbia
1659
Rep
4,185
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan Ave.

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Damn that sucks. As many on here This was on my to do list. I hope it comes back at some point.
__________________
FBO-PS1 and stuff
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #122
longbeachbluem2
Private First Class
longbeachbluem2's Avatar
United_States
234
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: '76 2002 / '17 F87 M2
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [0.00]
2004 Audi Allroad  [0.00]
I get that NA traffic may be down, but is the program also canceled for Europeans as well? This press release from 2013 celebrates 100,000 cars having been delivered at Welt since 2007...

"The number of vehicle collections has steadily increased since the BMW Welt opened in 2007. In 2012, for the first time, more than 20,000 customers took delivery of their new car at the BMW Welt. Around 2,000 customers even made the trip from the US for the experience. In general, almost 90% of customers collecting their vehicles come from Germany, with a majority from Southern Germany; 10% have already taken delivery of more than one car."

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ry?language=en
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:29 PM   #123
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
3341
Rep
4,341
Posts

Drives: '20 F87 M2C, 20 X4M
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachbluem2 View Post
I get that NA traffic may be down, but is the program also canceled for Europeans as well? This press release from 2013 celebrates 100,000 cars having been delivered at Welt since 2007...

"The number of vehicle collections has steadily increased since the BMW Welt opened in 2007. In 2012, for the first time, more than 20,000 customers took delivery of their new car at the BMW Welt. Around 2,000 customers even made the trip from the US for the experience. In general, almost 90% of customers collecting their vehicles come from Germany, with a majority from Southern Germany; 10% have already taken delivery of more than one car."

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ry?language=en
No, there is a separate article that delivery for EU customers continue but the pricing of the packages are going up.
__________________
Wife's Car: 2020 X4M Competition, Alpine White on Black Alcantara and Biege
Current Car: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT (Euro Delivery Aug. 29, 2019)
Wife's Old Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #124
X2Board
Lieutenant Colonel
X2Board's Avatar
United_States
431
Rep
1,643
Posts

Drives: I'm back, bitches! '13 E92 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wake Forest, NC

iTrader: (1)

GOLFFRR
Thank you for my 2015 F80 M3 ED/PCD. You are second to none when it came to this program. I am very sorry to see it end. That first view of my car on the turntable is something I will never forget. I also feel sad for all of the BMW enthusiasts that will never get to experience this.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 Jerez Black/Black E92 ZCP DCT - I'm back!!
2014 Guards Red 991 C2S 7MT - Gone.
2015 YMB/SS F80 M3 6sp - Gone
2011 Sapphire Black/Black E70 X5 M - Gone.
2010 Jerez Black/Black E90 M3 DCT -Gone-
Appreciate 6
RowanBuds1300.00
Poochie5334.00
F82PRETEND1223.00
Simple1113.00
Germanauto4747.00

      05-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #125
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
MilehighM3's Avatar
483
Rep
3,162
Posts

Drives: Harrop E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
It's not that people don't want to opt for it but in my experience, twice, the dealership discouraged this option and for some strange reason, downplayed its advantage and benefits.

If someone knows real reason why the franchise dealers are not too keen on pushing this program, please educate me..
IIRC the dealers are not incentivized by BMW. Either the dealer doesn't get a count for it towards their monthly target and/or the credit back from BMW (AVP) so there's nothing in it for the center or client advisor. Perhaps @GOLFFRR can clarify. The dealers will do it for certain customers, but they definitely won't go out of their way to recommend it. At least in my experience.
Appreciate 1
Poochie5334.00

      05-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #126
Mikecom32
Second Lieutenant
Mikecom32's Avatar
United_States
147
Rep
284
Posts

Drives: '18 M4 ZCP 6MT, '05 330xi 6MT,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvnmaniak View Post
As a BMWCCA member and owner of eight classic and current models, I am no longer getting the warm and fuzzy feeling I used to have for the brand. Let's see. In the last year ......... no more national Oktoberfest meeting for BMWCCA, the advent of overly large and ugly kidney grills in spite of NOBODY liking them, the inability to order a manual transmission on most cars, the placement of the M logo on every single damned car they make (looking forward to the ///M328i XDrive?) and the ending of the European delivery program.

What next? Having to be waterboarded, eat bugs, and a stay at Guantanamo Bay for the privilege of owning an all electric 3 series? Maybe its time to shop around.

Yeah this hasn't been a good year for enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlazierGlaze View Post
This.

The brand is not for the purists anymore. The final nails are being put in the coffin.

I cancelled my CCA membership this year, don't get enough value out of it. 5+ years as a member. I just turned 30 and have owned three BMWs in a short period, with the expectation of adding another this fall.
I'm in a very similar boat. We were going to add an M440i this Summer and were considering another ED. Now that option is off the table. I don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #127
Tornado1M
Captain
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
604
Rep
685
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

This is a sad sad state of affairs fellow enthusiasts 😩
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #128
velvet_F82
Freude am Fahren
velvet_F82's Avatar
No_Country
902
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: S4

iTrader: (0)

So, as a European, can I do Alabama delivery if I order a new X5?
__________________
2020 BMW M4 Edition ///M Heritage
6MT, ZCP, Velvet Blue, H&R VTF, 15mm spacers

Past: 2019 M2 Competition DCT, 2018 Camaro SS, 2018 M140i xDrive
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9520.50

      05-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #129
psuibmw
Colonel
psuibmw's Avatar
United_States
1751
Rep
2,345
Posts

Drives: 2017 F15/2011 F10/2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
2018 BMW 320  [0.00]
2017 BMW X5  [0.00]
I guess the other option if you want to drive in Europe is to go through the BMW rental program, drive around in Germany/EU and then return it. Even Sixt in Europe has some good and healthy inventory. Worked great for me before Why abuse your new ride when you can do the same to rentals
Appreciate 1
X2Board431.00

      05-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #130
KevinM
Colonel
KevinM's Avatar
2261
Rep
2,992
Posts

Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tucson

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wow...did not see this coming, finances and COVID-19 non-withstanding. This program has been part of BMW heritage for as long as I can remember. The pilgrimage to the mecca to pick up my F80 in 2016 is certainly a cherished memory, and I (like many) had planned to do another ED in the future.

One more blow for enthusiasts. Still, having been driving BMWs since 1998, I have not given up completely, despite the lack of a MT in a 3 series (I still cannot believe I just typed that) and now the loss of ED. I WILL give up when M cars are no longer available with a MT.
__________________
2020 F87 M2C Hockenheim Silver/MT
2002 E39 M5 Sterling Gray/Caramel
2007 E86 Z4M Coupe Silver Gray/Black
2016 F80 M3 ZCP MG/Golden Brown/6MT European Delivery Thread - gone
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #131
2011M3V8
Private
2011M3V8's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: E93 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drklion View Post
This was back in 2007, before the Welt. After 8 European Deliveries since then I will miss my European trips with a brand new BMW.

Very sad day.
Glad they built the welt! This looks underwhelming!
__________________
? 2019 M2 Competition
? 2011 M3 Convertible
? Boston, MA
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #132
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
The Automotive Enthusiast's Avatar
United_States
2541
Rep
3,409
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
This is the entire announcement, as GOLFFRR left this out:

Ultimate Delivery Experience Continues in SC as Sun Sets on European Delivery

European Program to Begin Phasing Out Operations in May

As the global market has evolved and BMW NA sales volumes have shifted more heavily towards SAVs during the past serval years, the Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, South Carolina has seen continuing growth. Since its beginning in 1999, Performance Center Delivery has grown to more than 28,000 vehicle deliveries, while European Delivery, which has delivered approximately 30,000 vehicles since the 1970s, has experienced a significant decline in participation. Although BMW NA has historically represented an average of 2,000 European Deliveries annually, such deliveries have declined in recent years to under 500. Based on these trends and long-term evaluation, BMW Group will end the European Delivery Program in 2020 and cease accepting reservations as of May 18, 2020.
It's just not worth it anymore to run the program anymore at this time. That's what I thought.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST