BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #45
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

yea the gauges on the m5 were a burn lmaooo
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #46
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
It's not an M5, its a 540i.
He's right... also, all the CF components on the car, well, are not CF... just a bit of movie magic. And, if i recall correctly, the only mods done to that 5er were Eibach springs, replica m5 bumper + wheels.

And i think the majority of the american muscle were replicas as well...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #47
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
that's cool, i know someone who works at hydralux, they did vfx as well for this movie.
Yep, they worked on it too, any idea what part ur friend worked on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
i watched it yesterday and it was PACKED at 11pm, it was a good movie but not the best fast and furious movie yet, sometimes the movie reminded me of the grand turismo game, because there are SOOOO many computerized scenes its not even funny, i understand you can't do everything in real life but i think there were too many. i give it 3.5/5 stars.
Dude you have no idea just how many vfx shots are in movies today. I'd say most of the summer blockbuster releases have bare minimum of 40% vfx done to it. It's not just cg elements that we put in, it could be subtle sky or background replacements, removing safety rigs/wires or heck, even digital makeup/face replacements. It could be anything. Sometimes even I don't want everything to go through post but fact is, lot of delicate shots filmed today require it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #48
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Driving/Car scene wise... i'd say Tokyo Drift was actually the best.
Movie wise, the 1st one was the best.
I 2nd that but they aren't gr8 movies anyway

just entertaining
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #49
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

saw this movie last night, it was all right...bunch of ricers there that wanted to race my m3..like a gti
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #50
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
saw this movie last night, it was all right...bunch of ricers there that wanted to race my m3..like a gti
I went to the theater yesterday trying to see this movie but it was sold out so i saw Knowing instead, but yea after the movie guys in hondas and acuras were giving me the look like if i was trying to race them. some idiot in a beat up benz was driving around the parking lot like a idiot...
      04-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #51
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

yeah i was getting on the highway and when my tires chirped from 2nd to 3rd i think he got the idea lol
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #52
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
yeah i was getting on the highway and when my tires chirped from 2nd to 3rd i think he got the idea lol

haha torque ftw!

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #53
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

Quote:
Box Office Report: 'Fast & Furious' shatters records with $72.5 mil weekend
Apr 5, 2009, 01:53 PM | by Joshua Rich

Categories: Box Office

In the first truly shocking box office result of the year, Fast & Furious sped away from expectations to gross a humongous $72.5 mil, according to early estimates from Media by Numbers. That result is effectively double what most industry observers had predicted for the debut of the fourth feature in Vin Diesel's car franchise, and it left in the dust a number of notable records:

* Best April opening ever, beating Anger Management's $42.2 mil
* Best Universal Pictures opening ever (three-day), beating The Lost World: Jurassic Park's $72.1 mil
* Best F&F franchise opening ever, beating 2 Fast 2 Furious' $50.5 mil
* Best opening yet in 2009, easily beating the bows of the more-buzzed-about Monsters vs. Aliens ($59.3 mil) and Watchmen ($55.2 mil)
* Best opening ever for stars Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jordana Brewster, as well as for director Justin Lin

Oh, and let's not forget that it was the best opening ever for a car-themed movie! (Beating Cars' $60.1 mil.) This outcome is impressive, indeed, something that has caught Hollywood by surprise and has the potential to really change things up -- like when summer-esque blockbusters are released (rarely does one open so early in the year) and like, you know, what everyone thinks of Vin Diesel. The film did it all on the strength of a solid A- CinemaScore review from an audience that was 57 percent male and 59 percent over age 25. Like the jaw-dropping early-year debuts of The Passion of the Christ and 300 before it, this is a history-making premiere that you may well be hearing about for a long time to come.

So, yeah, I almost forgot to mention: Fast & Furious was the No. 1 movie at the box office this weekend. Coming in strong at No. 2 was Monsters vs. Aliens, which dropped a respectable 44 percent to earn $33.5 mil. In 10 days, the 3-D extravaganza has banked $105.7 mil.

The Haunting in Connecticut (No. 3 with $9.6 mil), Knowing (No. 4 with $8.1 mil), and I Love You, Man (No. 5 with $7.9 mil) rounded out the top five. And the weekend's other big new release, Adventureland, struggled with $6 mil at No. 6.

Overall, the box office was up a monstrous 68 percent from the same frame a year ago, when holdover 21 outplayed a number of weak new movies, none of which had Vin Diesel...whom you're going to start hearing a lot about, once again.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #54
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Ok, well, my review is as follows...

First, let me say I am a big fan of the series. I have seen each episode at least 10 times (plus countless times more of my favorite scenes). I loved the movie, because of 2 things: first, it had no real story and was overdone - so it was more about the cars, going fast, stunts and stuff, and getting over the atmosphere... and second, they we always talking about cars, building them and testing them (1st movie: Supra, 2nd movie: build their muscle cars, Tokio drift: mustang with RB26 engine), and so I must say that this movie did not really meet my expectations

First of all, there was much more story to this movie. Not to say thats a bad thing, but it takes away from what the fast and the furious originally was, and that was definitely something without a really good story. I just feel that in the case of the 4th movie, everything was done to fit the story (the cars, etc.), but in the case of the previous movies, the cars were the main characters, and the movie was built around them...

Yes, we can define it like this: in movies 1 to 3, the cars were the most important thing. Here, there is a bland endulgement into values like family, respect, good guy vs bad guy, and the cars are just the atmosphere around.

Second, they didn't build anything in this movie... the only thing you could see is them pouring Castrol oil into their engines, a shot of Snap-On wrenches, NOS bottles and that was about it - a big disappointment for me. I understand that stuff they use in movies isn't necessarily the best, but it just seems cool to see the guys using stuff you use day to day, and watching it sort of real-life like, you know, Snap-On and all those things... I really enjoyed the guys wrenching and putting cars together, like in the case of the Supra in the first one, when you could see all the parts laid out in one shot, etc.

Also, the choice of cars was rather poor IMO. Quite a lot of muscle (Buick, Chevy, Dodge), but not much import or Euro tuner. I mean, Brian's skyline - couldn't they have used the new one or something? I mean, not a bad skyline, but not like its something I haven't seen before...

Also, the mods weren't displayed well enough... i.e. you had to know what to look for, like the Volks on Brian's Skyline, I mean you got to see like what, 2 seconds of those? In the previous movies, there were much better shots of everything, like when they roll up to the race in the first one at the beginning, in the third one when they're driving the Evo...

I don't know, but for some reason, I'm just disappointed, I was hoping to see more wrenching, more cars... but now that I look back at it, it was like 85% car-less story, and the rest some scenes with cars that flashed by so quickly you couldn't see anything...

Also, why on earth did all the scenes have to be so dark when they're racing? Did anyone else notice this? Perhaps it was done so you couldn't see the cars so well, but why on Earth?

All in all, I am disappointed, but I'll go and see it again I'm sure, and appreciate the car parts. With this sequel, I think that the fast and the furious was trying to become something it is not. Yes, I can understand, the directors must have thought "lets appeal to more people and show them that this is not just some brain-dead concept", but that was the thing that set the series apart... I mean going back at like 100 mph? Endless reserves of power? Yes, it was all impossible, but it was FUN!!!!

I dunno, I much prefer the previous parts, this just didn't have enough cars in it...

Oh yeah, and what on earth did Diesel have with Nitromethane? Is there something wrong with running it? I don't understand? And why, WHY does he say "nitromethan" at the start? That to my knowledge does not exist... either nitromethanol or nitromethane...

Oh well, enough of my ranting...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #55
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

tl;dr
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #56
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
would be funny if he is boosted..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #57
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Aren't they trying to setup shop for a 5th installment?
Appreciate 0