BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #45
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnoonan View Post
Hi everyone. I'm looking at a fully loaded 2015 650i convertible. Price is $45k with 17k miles. While this seems like a great deal from the $100k MSRP, I'm trying to figure out how much more I'm paying now with all the used car boom, than i would have a couple years back. Anyone have a sense of that?
Where are you seeing this car at?
It's a good deal. If it's truly loaded with that mileage. Make sure there's no accidents, no more than 2 owners and try to offer $43,000.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:33 PM   #46
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorevisual View Post
I was trying to hold off until next year, but found what I thought to be a good deal - $35k for a 2014 640i convertible m-sport pack with only 20k miles.
The low mileage did it for me, I was seeing same spec with 40-70K miles for the around the same price or more
Sounds like a good deal. Enjoy it, life is short.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:34 PM   #47
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamarco View Post
I would encourage you to buy the car. These are rare cars - they do not come to market much, and when they do, they are snapped up. If it has the options you want, you might not be able to find a similar car in the future. The 2015 is also best of breed - plenty of power, gorgeous looks (ruined in the new line), and most problems sorted out. Just my 2 cents!
I've got a 2016, same body as the 2015. Are you referring to the 2017 changes?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:36 PM   #48
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamoru View Post
Wasn’t aware.

Potentially sucks to be me.

But as of now, I’m diggin’ the ride.
Get a warranty asap that will give you peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:28 PM   #49
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyperks View Post
I own a 6 series and there is no way in hell I am shelling out 8K for service. Unless there is something mechanically wrong with the car.
I was mentioning that to display that my car gets every tiny thing it needs since I only pay A 100 dollar copay but that warranty expired last week on my 2015

I have like 4-5 reciepts all over 5k

Last week my seat rail on the driver seat was sorta moving left and right the most tiniest bit and insurance paid no questions asked costed m along with expansion tank and oil pan gasket to the tune of 8450$.

They have done my idrive knob center armrest when one door would not pop open when you pressed the armrest button

Plenty more stuff but you get the point I purchased a cna warranty that was literally bumper to bumper and it really really paid off in so many ways at a point when you hit 80k miles you notice how much little shit and all types of stuff break having a warranty bumper to bumper until 6 years 155k miles whichever comes first really makes having bmw repair techs 100 dollar a copay away a blessing cuz boy oh boy does the 6 really cost with ever service visit
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 06:42 AM   #50
cdog2964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650i Xdrve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsocold View Post
I was mentioning that to display that my car gets every tiny thing it needs since I only pay A 100 dollar copay but that warranty expired last week on my 2015

Last week my seat rail on the driver seat was sorta moving left and right the most tiniest bit and insurance paid no questions asked costed m along with expansion tank and oil pan gasket to the tune of 8450$.

They have done my idrive knob center armrest when one door would not pop open when you pressed the armrest button

Plenty more stuff but you get the point I purchased a cna warranty that was literally bumper to bumper and it really really paid off in so many ways at a point when you hit 80k miles you notice how much little shit and all types of stuff break having a warranty bumper to bumper until 6 years 155k miles whichever comes first really makes having bmw repair techs 100 dollar a copay away a blessing cuz boy oh boy does the 6 really cost with ever service visit
Can you tell me who you bought that warrant through? They dont seem to sell direct to consumer.
thx
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #51
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog2964 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsocold View Post

Can you tell me who you bought that warrant through? They dont seem to sell direct to consumer.
thx
They do not it sucks since you need to purchase it directly after buying the car when you are in the finance room. They are called CNA my 6 was certified which i believe was also a requirement to be able to buy their coverage even my advisor said he cannot believe how amazing they are to deal with and not reject stuff and make it difficult. I paid 3900 for the coverage and 2600 for CNA wheel coverage but the bumper to bumper one came to an end so now i will deal with stuff myself to get things done as oem'ly and cheaply as possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #52
Mamoru
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Get a warranty asap that will give you peace of mind.
Ahead of ya.

Bought it with a five year, 60k mile (pretty much) bumper to bumper warranty.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0