BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-03-2021, 05:31 AM   #1
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Competition exhaust vs M Performance exhaust

Has anyone gone from competition exhaust to M Performance exhaust on the M6 comp?

Wondering what the difference is and if it's a downgrade or upgrade?

Any comparisons on our rigs?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 07:24 AM   #2
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

The Mperformance exhaust is Akra, it's definitely louder and more aggressive. The competition exhaust is still pretty quiet. You can pretty much choose any exhaust for the price of an Akra so I'd look around.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #3
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73 View Post
The Mperformance exhaust is Akra, it's definitely louder and more aggressive. The competition exhaust is still pretty quiet. You can pretty much choose any exhaust for the price of an Akra so I'd look around.
Wondering if anyone with a comp package actually switched over to the m performance exhaust and feedback… I seen some m3 videos of side by side but nothing for our m6…
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 06:05 PM   #4
Boosted M5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msparta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73 View Post
Wondering if anyone with a comp package actually switched over to the m performance exhaust and feedback… I seen some m3 videos of side by side but nothing for our m6…
I have a comp M5 with the Akra. I think the comp sounds a tad more aggressive with the valves open. The Akra just has a more refine sound to it, if that makes sense. It's more of an aesthetic and weight reduction mod if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 06:40 PM   #5
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Have the Comp m6, swapped to Akra, and so glad I did so. Something about having ti metal resonance really brings out the V8. And it only gets better with catted/catless DP's. I'd def go with the akra as opposed to the m-perf because I'm thinking it'd command a better resale value when I dispose of the vehicle (and/or more desirable in the 2ndary market).

Another, aesthetic note, prefer the matte CF tips Akra has opposed to the cut out tips M perf has.

Regardless of the upgrade, def get exhaustmeister so you can manually control valves as opposed to wiring them open all the time and/or only operating the vehicle in sport/+ to have vales open.

Besides spacers, the exhaust upgrade is a must. Akra>Mperf -- but in this pandemic, it really boils down to lead times, availability, and your own price sensitivity/elasticity.

H
Appreciate 1
kris1858555.00