BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
Apr1962
Rep
Drives: 640D

Door panel removal on F13

I need to remove my drivers side door panel.

I have looked on the web, but can't find any pictures, instructions or videos.

Does anyone have any instruction or pictures they could post.

Many thanks
Andrew
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Yes, dead easy - and for the record, none of the visible trim comes off to remove the door panel as it's all attached from the back.

One screw (just the one!) in the air vent duct (you see it when the door is open).

Then, using a trim removal tool or similar and starting in the region where you removed the screw, start popping the trim away from the door all around the edge, trying not to break the clips (they are VERY strong so you shouldn't break any).

Then pop the door away along the top where it meets the window - there's about 4 to 5 sections where it clips into the metal along the top and these pop out like the rest of the door.

The final bit is the most tricky - the middle of the trim is held on by two more very strong push-in clips just behind the door pull. Gently rock the door trim from side to side whilst pulling on it and the trim will free itself. If you can get your hand in there to apply some pressure close to the clip then it'll be even easier.

Now, if you get this far can you do me a favour please and take a picture of how the mid-range speaker is plugged in? My speaker has two different terminals that the wire can attach to and I failed to check which one it was before I pulled it off! I have chosen one of them and it all seems fine (theres a 50% chance I got it right) but the OCD in me wants to be 100% sure I got it right! I assume using the wrong terminal puts that speaker out of phase, although I can't say I can tell.
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      01-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Apr1962
Rep
Drives: 640D

Brilliant. Thanks.

When I take mine off I'll leu you know.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 03:26 PM   #4
Lawrence2K
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 650i

Removing passenger side door panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Yes, dead easy - and for the record, none of the visible trim comes off to remove the door panel as it's all attached from the back.

One screw (just the one!) in the air vent duct (you see it when the door is open).

Then, using a trim removal tool or similar and starting in the region where you removed the screw, start popping the trim away from the door all around the edge, trying not to break the clips (they are VERY strong so you shouldn't break any).

Then pop the door away along the top where it meets the window - there's about 4 to 5 sections where it clips into the metal along the top and these pop out like the rest of the door.

The final bit is the most tricky - the middle of the trim is held on by two more very strong push-in clips just behind the door pull. Gently rock the door trim from side to side whilst pulling on it and the trim will free itself. If you can get your hand in there to apply some pressure close to the clip then it'll be even easier.

Now, if you get this far can you do me a favour please and take a picture of how the mid-range speaker is plugged in? My speaker has two different terminals that the wire can attach to and I failed to check which one it was before I pulled it off! I have chosen one of them and it all seems fine (theres a 50% chance I got it right) but the OCD in me wants to be 100% sure I got it right! I assume using the wrong terminal puts that speaker out of phase, although I can't say I can tell.
Sorry to bring up a hold thread, but would you know how to remove the passenger side, removed all the pin, but there is still one thing holding in to it, when I removed all the pins on the driver side, it came off completely, but for the passengers side, there is still something holding in to it
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
Dinan M6
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Garage List
2013 M6  [10.00]
There are two screws on that side...one in the top handle and one in the vent.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 11:39 AM   #6
Lindley
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence2K View Post
Sorry to bring up a hold thread, but would you know how to remove the passenger side, removed all the pin, but there is still one thing holding in to it, when I removed all the pins on the driver side, it came off completely, but for the passengers side, there is still something holding in to it
I’m having some trouble myself with the passenger side door panel. The clips around the edge are loose, The big single clip in the center is free, and the screw in vent and has been loosened, but something else is still holding it up.

Any further details?

Picture of door panel attached. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:03 PM   #7
Lindley
Registered
Rep

Ahhh ha!!

Found that tricky missing second screw beneath the diagonal door handle.

Here’s a pic in case anybody needs one in the future.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0