BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-30-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
Bilstonbmw
Rep
Drives: 640d F06

6 Series Gran Coupe Rear Door Panel Removal

Hi, has anybody got a video or a set of screen shots to remove a F06 Rear Door Panel removal please?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 10:24 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

If you don't have side sunscreen curtains, it's pretty easy. I'm too dumb to be able to copy it, but another user probably will. There are no screws at all. You just need a decent plastic trim pry tool. Along the top edge are 6 evenly spaced rectangular clips. Just use the pry tool from the top to pop those loose. Then there are 12 fairly evenly spaced typical round plastic clips around the outer edge of the sides and bottom of the door. Again, just pop them out with the pry tool. They are all right along the edge of the panel with the exception of 2. For whatever reason there are 2 pretty close together below and inward from the door lock button along the back edge. They are the top 2 on the back edge of the panel and are set in maybe 4 inches from the panel edge, so you'll need to reach the pry tool in a bit there. Once you have popped all the clips, the last step is just a bit trickier. You can't see them, but on either side of where you put your hand to grab the door to close it from inside there are two special clips. They do not pry out because if they did you'd pull them loose just closing the door. So what you do is grab the panel at the top center and the bottom center (but don't grab inside the map pocket) and pull out just enough so the clips around the door edge you already popped top and bottom are clear of their holes. So you are basically flexing the panel a bit into a gentle curve. Then pull the whole panel straight up to release those last 2 clips. Once off, you just need to disconnect the cable that connects the inside door handle to the latch.

Last edited by Opie55; 11-30-2022 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2022, 04:51 AM   #3
Bilstonbmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
If you don't have side sunscreen curtains, it's pretty easy. I'm too dumb to be able to copy it, but another user probably will. There are no screws at all. You just need a decent plastic trim pry tool. Along the top edge are 6 evenly spaced rectangular clips. Just use the pry tool from the top to pop those loose. Then there are 12 fairly evenly spaced typical round plastic clips around the outer edge of the sides and bottom of the door. Again, just pop them out with the pry tool. They are all right along the edge of the panel with the exception of 2. For whatever reason there are 2 pretty close together below and inward from the door lock button along the back edge. They are the top 2 on the back edge of the panel and are set in maybe 4 inches from the panel edge, so you'll need to reach the pry tool in a bit there. Once you have popped all the clips, the last step is just a bit trickier. You can't see them, but on either side of where you put your hand to grab the door to close it from inside there are two special clips. They do not pry out because if they did you'd pull them loose just closing the door. So what you do is grab the panel at the top center and the bottom center (but don't grab inside the map pocket) and pull out just enough so the clips around the door edge you already popped top and bottom are clear of their holes. So you are basically flexing the panel a bit into a gentle curve. Then pull the whole panel straight up to release those last 2 clips. Once off, you just need to disconnect the cable that connects the inside door handle to the latch.
Thanks, I'll give it a go this afternoon and let you know mate.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:19 AM   #4
Bilstonbmw
Rep

Removal pictures

I pulled the door card off and un did a few cables and rested it on my stool. The door seal had been previously repaired so I glued what I needed to. I'll let it cure for 8 hrs and then put the door card on. After all the clips have been unclipped, the door car has to come up like you suggested. I'm point to the middle clips in the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:48 AM   #5
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

If you intended to attach pictures, there are none.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #6
Bilstonbmw
Rep

Quote:
The app does not allow it I'm afraid.
Using sealant and some masking tape keeping the pressure on while it cures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
Bilstonbmw
Rep

Photos attached one at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilstonbmw View Post
Quote:
Let's try 3 pics
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:53 AM   #8
Bilstonbmw
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Let's try 3 pics
Let's try 1
These two clips align in the middle so pull up to remove
Attached Images

Appreciate 0