BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
danielgmanm6
Private
danielgmanm6's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Raleigh Nc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Bmw m6 f12/f13/f06 non comp 0-60 times

After scouring the internet I've seen so many varying 0-60 times. How can the f13 being the lightest have the slowest 0-60 times? Have any of you recorded your own 0-60, and if so, did you ever do sub 4.0s? I've seen f12s state a 3.5s, f06 3.7, f13, 4.1 (claimed all non comps). It doesn't make any sense. Here's the curb weight specs according to
Wiki

F13 1,925 kg (4,244 lb),
F12 2,055 kg (4,531 lb)
Gran Coupé is 1,950 kg (4,299 lb).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 09:35 AM   #2
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
253
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgmanm6 View Post
After scouring the internet I've seen so many varying 0-60 times. How can the f13 being the lightest have the slowest 0-60 times? Have any of you recorded your own 0-60, and if so, did you ever do sub 4.0s? I've seen f12s state a 3.5s, f06 3.7, f13, 4.1 (claimed all non comps). It doesn't make any sense. Here's the curb weight specs according to
Wiki

F13 1,925 kg (4,244 lb),
F12 2,055 kg (4,531 lb)
Gran Coupé is 1,950 kg (4,299 lb).
My Gran Coupe was 4500 lbs with a full tank before I lightened it up a little.
__________________
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 05:38 PM   #3
danielgmanm6
Private
danielgmanm6's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Raleigh Nc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
My Gran Coupe was 4500 lbs with a full tank before I lightened it up a little.

Stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 12:22 AM   #4
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
253
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgmanm6 View Post
Stock.
No, it has a lot of extras.
__________________
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #5
danielgmanm6
Private
danielgmanm6's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Raleigh Nc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
No, it has a lot of extras.


I don't care what mods you've done it's irrelevant to this thread and my comment. The 0-60 times and curb weights that i listed are STOCK, NON- COMP cars. Your original reply has literally nothing to do with my question.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 08:56 AM   #6
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
253
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgmanm6 View Post


I don't care what mods you've done it's irrelevant to this thread and my comment. The 0-60 times and curb weights that i listed are STOCK, NON- COMP cars. Your original reply has literally nothing to do with my question.
OK, how about the weights you listed are incorrect because they don't reflect how much gas is in the tank. I can promise you I didn't add 200 lbs of accessories to my car to make it 4500 lbs I lightened my car, I didn't make it heavier. You're self righteous attitude is shining like a beacon.

Have you ever weighed your car? If you haven't, don't preach to me about what weights are relevant and what aren't. I gave you an actual weight full of fuel, not some published number from the manufacturer.
__________________
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
100
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: BMW M6 CP
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: KCMO

iTrader: (0)

If the heavier car can do it there is no reason the lighter car can't. The thing is these cars have the power but your 0-60 is going to be 100% dependent on traction.
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2022, 11:45 AM   #8
JDMSteven
Captain
JDMSteven's Avatar
United_States
401
Rep
667
Posts

Drives: 13 M6 Coupe, 04 IS 300 5MT 2JZ
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Ocala, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Who cares about 0-60? These cars can't put power down under 60mph and I wouldn't want to subject the clutches to that kind of torture. 60-130 is way more fun
__________________
2013 F13 ///M6 Alpine White • Zandvoort Full Merino Driving Assistance Pkg • Exec Pkg • Vent Seats
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1
MNhv77.50
      11-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #9
brad850csi
Colonel
1153
Rep
2,280
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

It really is a matter of how soon you want to replace your tires and much less relevant what body style or if it is the 412, 423 or 441kw version.

I drove a 412kw gran coupe with pirellis which would never get grip in 2nd gear. However my 441kw coupe will get grip in 2nd gear with PS4s tires on any dry surface.

BMW did publish figures in their original press release but I don’t think it is likely you’d be able to match their times without a lot of trying. Again, that will be based on what the rear tyres are doing above anything else.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647170
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2022, 03:06 PM   #10
danielgmanm6
Private
danielgmanm6's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Raleigh Nc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
OK, how about the weights you listed are incorrect because they don't reflect how much gas is in the tank. I can promise you I didn't add 200 lbs of accessories to my car to make it 4500 lbs I lightened my car, I didn't make it heavier. You're self righteous attitude is shining like a beacon.

Have you ever weighed your car? If you haven't, don't preach to me about what weights are relevant and what aren't. I gave you an actual weight full of fuel, not some published number from the manufacturer.



I feel like you're trolling. The lightest car should be faster,period. Sorry i did take the amount of fuel the cars have that wasnt listed. My point is, the 0-60 times are the slowest for the lightest out of the 3 which doesn't make sense. So let's clarify my question. What have your cars done 0-60 (STOCK) and what numbers do you think our cars really do?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 03:09 PM   #11
danielgmanm6
Private
danielgmanm6's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Raleigh Nc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Who cares about 0-60? These cars can't put power down under 60mph and I wouldn't want to subject the clutches to that kind of torture. 60-130 is way more fun

Who cares about 0-60? Literally everyone wanting to purchase a sports car lol. I'm just trying to figure out what our cars really do because times on the internet are all over the place.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 03:11 PM   #12
danielgmanm6
Private
danielgmanm6's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Raleigh Nc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
It really is a matter of how soon you want to replace your tires and much less relevant what body style or if it is the 412, 423 or 441kw version.

I drove a 412kw gran coupe with pirellis which would never get grip in 2nd gear. However my 441kw coupe will get grip in 2nd gear with PS4s tires on any dry surface.

BMW did publish figures in their original press release but I don’t think it is likely you’d be able to match their times without a lot of trying. Again, that will be based on what the rear tyres are doing above anything else.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647170

Thank you for your response. When I saw f12 0-60 at 3.5 secs and the lighter f13 at 4.2 this is what prompted this thread. Just wanted to know which times were legit and which were bullshit. From what I gathered, most ppl seem to use motortrends results.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 07:46 AM   #13
NDAzone
New Member
12
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: BMW 640i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgmanm6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
It really is a matter of how soon you want to replace your tires and much less relevant what body style or if it is the 412, 423 or 441kw version.

I drove a 412kw gran coupe with pirellis which would never get grip in 2nd gear. However my 441kw coupe will get grip in 2nd gear with PS4s tires on any dry surface.

BMW did publish figures in their original press release but I don't think it is likely you'd be able to match their times without a lot of trying. Again, that will be based on what the rear tyres are doing above anything else.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647170

Thank you for your response. When I saw f12 0-60 at 3.5 secs and the lighter f13 at 4.2 this is what prompted this thread. Just wanted to know which times were legit and which were bullshit. From what I gathered, most ppl seem to use motortrends results.
In the US, the only 6 series that came as an Alpina was the F06. Therefore, some of the fastest times will be made by an F06. The Motortrend 0-60 of 3.3 seconds was accomplished with a 600 hp, 2016+ Alpina.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Chairman of the board.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST