BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-18-2022, 05:07 AM   #1
General.Massacre
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 640d MSport

640d Low Boost Target - Possibly

Hi al.

I have an odd one.
I have a 2013 640d Coupe, car drives fine i assume, but when i log, or monitor parameters via ProTool software,
I have Boost Pressure and Boost Pressure Setpoint (Target) parameters.
None of these parameters exceed 3psi (THREE).

I assumed it was the Actual Boost not exceeding 3psi, but i thought then that would trigger a Drivetrain fault, or a code for Low Boost Pressure, but then i realized its actually the Setpoint value that not exceeding 3psi.

my question here is, is there anything that would force the DDE to request a very low boost pressure, perhaps one of the Pressure Converters?
I've just had both the Turbos replaced/Refurbed, which i thought was the cause, but nothing has changed.
Vacuum System is good and holds vacuum (according to the Mechanic who did the turbos).

I've asked Bimmergeeks/ProTool if they maybe had an bug in the previous update that is causing this, and other users haven't reported the issue.
So it must be my car.

Has anyone had similar, or anyone who know if something will make the car target a low boost of 3psi, and not the correct 26psi requested?

Perhaps anything else i can add to my parameters being monitored that i can look at to confirm if its just a reading fault, or the boost is indeed low?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 12:48 AM   #2
General.Massacre
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 640d MSport

***UPDATE***

So i did some digging and testing.

I followed the DAS PROJEKT NSeven videos on how to test the vacuum system, and the pressure converters, Thread with Videos Here:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=136
All checked out good, i have one pressure converter that seems to have been repaired after a snapped off nipple. but its not leaking from what i can test.
I tested the Pressure converters, and they bleed off pretty fast, apparently they are supposed to bleed-off vacuum, judging by this video below:

Anyways, they seem fine, but ill be replacing them soon anyways. along with full vacuum line replacement.

I tested and logged with ISTA, and my Boost and target boost read the required 2700mbar, which is 2.7bar, but corrected pressure would be the correct 1.7bar (26psi) boost. ad i was reaching it with no issues.

I plugged my ProTool i again and connected, and its still reading 3psi max, i decided to change the readout settings t read BAR instead, and the readout is correct, showing the same data as ISTA, i put it back to PSI reading, and realized that the PSI reading is actually reading in BAR still, but labelled as PSI, this means that Protools logging for PSI is incorrect and the Unit conversion calculations are not correct as from the last update.
i contacted Bimmergeeks, and they have since acknowledged the issue, and will correct it with a new release scheduled soon.

So for all intensive purposes, my 640d is running very well, im sure once i change the Vacuum lines and the pressure converters, it will be even better, but boost does hold fine.

Hope this helps someone.
Appreciate 0