BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-08-2022, 05:40 AM   #1
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW F06 640i Grand Coupe Alcon Front RC6 Rear RC4 brake kit w/ EPB upgrade

As you can see this is a Pre facelift F06 640i 4 door Grand coupe. Owner has been driving it since 2014 and after 8 years the brakes are finally getting their upgrades.
Since there isn't any M Performance retrofit brake kit for this 6 series, Alcon RC 4 and RC6 were chosen for the car. And with BELFE electronic parking brake of course.
These 5 boxes comes with everything you'll need to install these brakes.
2x RC6 6 pistons caliper and 2x 400mm floating disc for the front, 2x RC4 4 pistons caliper and 2x 380mm floating disc also for the rear.
It also comes with brake pads, electronic parking brake adaptor and accessories for installation.
Installation was straight forward, only a tiny bit of modification has to be done on the front dust plate. There's a tricky point for Alcon brakes is that make sure those arrows on the expansion spring are point towards the direction that brake disc rotates when the car is moving forward.

For the initial test drive, I will say the brakes perform in a more linear motion than stock brakes but we don't really feel that the braking power has been significantly increased. After we ask the owner to run in the brakes for around 80kilometers, the car stops so much quicker than before without making the passengers feel uncomfortable. Braking feels really balanced now even with 3 passengers. These set of brakes doesn't require a lot of time for the driver to get used to it since the performance is really really smooth.
These 400mm and 380mm discs fills in these Rays 20 inch G025 perfectly. Gotta love the outlook now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1