BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-20-2021, 04:17 AM   #1
joebitt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i F12 2016

Garage List
2016 BMW 650i  [0.00]
RHD driver seat issues F12 650i 2016

Hi All,
Hope somebody can help. The other day i turned my heated drivers RHD seat on and the seat heated up. About 5 minutes later i noticed it had turned off. Tried to turn it on again and the 3 green lights turned on then off again. Got to work and on my return later after work started my car and tried turning on the heated seat again and the car threw up a drivers seat back monitoring error then it triggered a driver restraint error.
The problem now is that because all my seat controls no longer work i can't undo the seat rail bolts to further investigate to see if the seat control module has died on me. Is there a way to manually control the seat?
Has anybody got any ideas??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Joe
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 05:35 PM   #2
joebit
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i 2016

Garage List
2016 650i  [0.00]
Hi All checked my fuses and fuse number 52 has blow. Changed it and seat operation now works. Does anybody know exactly what that fuse controls?? As mentioned previously the problem started when I engaged the drivers seat heating so I'm guessing the problem is the seat heat element but was wondering if anybody can confirm the exact function of that fuse.
Regards
Joe
Jaguar S-Type R 2003
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:32 PM   #3
buildermindz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebit View Post
Hi All checked my fuses and fuse number 52 has blow. Changed it and seat operation now works. Does anybody know exactly what that fuse controls?? As mentioned previously the problem started when I engaged the drivers seat heating so I'm guessing the problem is the seat heat element but was wondering if anybody can confirm the exact function of that fuse.
Regards
Joe
Same problem, confirming that fuse 52 was blown. Everything back to normal after replacing fuse 52 in the glove box.
Appreciate 0