BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 05:04 AM   #23
Falafel Combo
I can't heel toe!
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Here's a much more preferable choice, to buy, to drive, to live with, to service, and to be helped by the manufacturer if the need arises (less likely, of course!)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...l-test-review/
Thatís awesome! I didnít realize the accord still came in a manual. It looks too big though, Iím not sure it handles anywhere near as well as the GLI.

What do you think?
2012 6MT e92 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:05 AM   #24
Falafel Combo
I can't heel toe!
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Itís at a compelling price point but there are a lot of options there. I would prefer an actual GTI over the GLI. I have it stuck in my head that the GLI is for someone who wanted a GTI but needs to blend in even more than a GTI does.

Iíd buy a used S3 if I wanted a sedan or spring for a Golf R....at least they have AWD.
Amen!! Good points!

I can never justify an R. The reviews always say the Gti is the better car, especially when you factor in the $5-10k premium for the haldex all wheel drive.
2012 6MT e92 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #25
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
Quote:
Here's a much more preferable choice, to buy, to drive, to live with, to service, and to be helped by the manufacturer if the need arises (less likely, of course!)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...l-test-review/
That's awesome! I didn't realize the accord still came in a manual. It looks too big though, I'm not sure it handles anywhere near as well as the GLI.

What do you think?
The Accord is Passat sized. You could compare the Jetta to the Civic Si to keep it fair. The Civic drives great but is eye bleedingly ugly inside and out and there's no hiding that it's a 1.5L engine with a good amount of lag.

The Accord is a great car with a wildly better design, inside and out than the poor Civic. But the Civic is larger than the Jetta (and an F30) so the Accord is quite a bit larger.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #26
Sportstick
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '18 330i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
The Accord is Passat sized. You could compare the Jetta to the Civic Si to keep it fair. The Civic drives great but is eye bleedingly ugly inside and out and there's no hiding that it's a 1.5L engine with a good amount of lag.

The Accord is a great car with a wildly better design, inside and out than the poor Civic. But the Civic is larger than the Jetta (and an F30) so the Accord is quite a bit larger.
I thought we were looking for a 3 Series alternative with MT, as that is where the MT was most recently dropped. The CandD review is quite encouraging for enjoyable DD usage!

2015 VO 228i 6MT/Track Handling Pkg/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance Pkgs/BBS SR Wheels/Michelin AS3/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Kidney Grilles/Xpel Ultimate/OptiCoat Pro
2018 Alpine White 330GT - 100% Stock
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #27
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post

I thought we were looking for a 3 Series alternative with MT, as that is where the MT was most recently dropped. The CandD review is quite encouraging for enjoyable DD usage!
The Accord is still a good bit larger than the G20, but at least it uses a detuned Civic Type R motor, not the Civic Si lump.

I left BMW because of the lack of a manual in the F31, went to a GTI and can't say I've missed BMW since. Manuals are fun and it's stupid of BMW to move away from them except for the M cars. Oops, really just M Car. Or M Car and a half, M2 and M3 Pure.
Appreciate 0