BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Deroberson
Observant
Samoa
Rep
Drives: 2015 650iX Vert

Turn Signal/HUD question post 2013

Greetings all!

New 2015 650iX Vert owner here.....

I would like to get the turn signals in my HUD display, I have the Carly coding app and OBDII interface.

Looking at the Carly website, I see the following under the F Series coding options:

Turn signal in Head-Up Display
• on
• off
Show turn signals and hazard lights in the head up display. This function only works on models until 2013. To enable this option, please also activate ‘Turn signals in Head-Up Display – Addition’ in the iDrive module. (codable in KOMBI)

A little lower in the coding options I see this:

Turn signal in Head-Up Display – Addition
• on
• off
Only change this function with ‘Turn signal in Head-Up Display’. (codable in KOMBI)

Further down:

Turn signals in Head-Up Display
• on
• off
Show menu in the iDrive to turn on signals and hazard lights in the head up display. To activate this function, please activate ‘Turn signals in Head-Up Display’ in the HUD/Kombi module. (codable in CIC)

After running through the options at first blush, I did not make it happen. I thought perhaps when I saw "addition" that this would be a follow on option, surely this would be a popular display.

Has any one here displayed the turn signals in the HUD is a post 2013 car? My preferred steering wheel position is pretty low, top of the wheel blocks my view to the signal indicators. I would prefer they show in the HUD.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by Deroberson; 10-21-2018 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroberson View Post
Greetings all!

New 2015 650iX Vert owner here.....

I would like to get the turn signals in my HUD display, I have the Carly coding app and OBDII interface.

Looking at the Carly website, I see the following under the F Series coding options:

Turn signal in Head-Up Display
• on
• off
Show turn signals and hazard lights in the head up display. This function only works on models until 2013. To enable this option, please also activate ‘Turn signals in Head-Up Display – Addition’ in the iDrive module. (codable in KOMBI)

A little lower in the coding options I see this:

Turn signal in Head-Up Display – Addition
• on
• off
Only change this function with ‘Turn signal in Head-Up Display’. (codable in KOMBI)

Further down:

Turn signals in Head-Up Display
• on
• off
Show menu in the iDrive to turn on signals and hazard lights in the head up display. To activate this function, please activate ‘Turn signals in Head-Up Display’ in the HUD/Kombi module. (codable in CIC)

After running through the options at first blush, I did not make it happen. I thought perhaps when I saw "addition" that this would be a follow on option, surely this would be a popular display.

Has any one here displayed the turn signals in the HUD is a post 2013 car? My preferred steering wheel position is pretty low, top of the wheel blocks my view to the signal indicators. I would prefer they show in the HUD.

Thanks
Dave
I enabled turn signals in HUD (2015 M6) but I used Esys. Don't have Carly. No menu in iDrive either to enable\disable after coding.

KOMBI - BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE - aktiv / Werte=01
KOMBI - HUD_PIA_BLINKER - aktiv / Werte=01
Appreciate 0